Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jono View Post
    This is coming from someone who had been a firm believer that he would be lining up in the Gold Cup last March but has Yorkhill shown anything over his 3 runs at 3m+ to suggest he could go do anything in this race? Bar the usual 'more likely to stay the older they get' cliche.

Though I don't blame you charlie for using up a free bet on him, complete cliff horse of mine even after last season!! And he has 0% chance he will line up in the CH again so it's only this race, or...

As I mentioned in another thread - chuck him in the best 2m-2m5 hurdle races over the winter, then stick him in the Coral Cup at the festival and just hope that spark may well come back, over a track and trip that has him down as a dual festival winner. You really want a horse on the upgrade in most festival handicaps, and that race especially but we've seen the likes of Supasundae win off 148, Whisper off 153 and Topofthegame come second off 150. A strong pace, big field handicap would help. His current hurdles mark of 151 was the same mark he had when winning the Neptune in 2016. Now he's nothing like that same horse now but what else have they got to try?!

That's what I would do anyway! Back to this race and horses that actually have a chance again
    100% agree, coral cup perfect plan for this horse if still got any ability

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      I actually think that isn't a bad shout.... at 50/1 I think you can take a bit of a flyer.

They can't send him over fences again can they... and with a lazy assumption the owner likes to win the stayers hurdle you can keep him happy.

Worse 50/1 shots out there... it'd only take 1 run for him to 'bounce back' after the summer off and you're looking at a 2m5f hurdle winner up against some pretty average horses?

As FM says, it's unlikely he'll ever be as good as he was, but on his best form he's not a double figure price for this race, let alone 50/1
      Willie said after NC won he was delighted GW won a race he clearly loves. Far from a lazy assumption

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
        Willie said after NC won he was delighted GW won a race he clearly loves. Far from a lazy assumption
        Despite me agreeing with you for the entire post that I think 50/1 is worth a go, you seem to have taken offense

Your point though proves mine..... BECAUSE Wylie likes the stayers, iut is lazy to assume that is where Yorkhill will go?

We don't know it is the target.....

I assume the lazy assumption is right.... I've made the same assumption - but if he ends up 2 mile chasing I won't be able to say "well I never saw that coming".... it's just the least likely?

Comment

Despite me agreeing with you for the entire post that I think 50/1 is worth a go, you seem to have taken offense

Your point though proves mine..... BECAUSE Wylie likes the stayers, iut is lazy to assume that is where Yorkhill will go?

We don't know it is the target.....

I assume the lazy assumption is right.... I've made the same assumption - but if he ends up 2 mile chasing I won't be able to say "well I never saw that coming".... it's just the least likely?
          Yeh you are right I got the wrong end of the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
            This is coming from someone who had been a firm believer that he would be lining up in the Gold Cup last March but has Yorkhill shown anything over his 3 runs at 3m+ to suggest he could go do anything in this race? Bar the usual 'more likely to stay the older they get' cliche.

Though I don't blame you charlie for using up a free bet on him, complete cliff horse of mine even after last season!! And he has 0% chance he will line up in the CH again so it's only this race, or...

As I mentioned in another thread - chuck him in the best 2m-2m5 hurdle races over the winter, then stick him in the Coral Cup at the festival and just hope that spark may well come back, over a track and trip that has him down as a dual festival winner. You really want a horse on the upgrade in most festival handicaps, and that race especially but we've seen the likes of Supasundae win off 148, Whisper off 153 and Topofthegame come second off 150. A strong pace, big field handicap would help. His current hurdles mark of 151 was the same mark he had when winning the Neptune in 2016. Now he's nothing like that same horse now but what else have they got to try?!

That's what I would do anyway! Back to this race and horses that actually have a chance again
            On this topic....does Mullins "lay them out"? He wins enough handicaps through the season to suggest he does.... be a C&D and 2x Distance winner at the festival under Ruby Walsh for Willie Mullins in a handicap?

Too good to be true

Comment

On this topic....does Mullins "lay them out"? He wins enough handicaps through the season to suggest he does.... be a C&D and 2x Distance winner at the festival under Ruby Walsh for Willie Mullins in a handicap?

Too good to be true
              Wicklow brave.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Wicklow brave.
                Wasn't that his first run back though?

I don't think it was a season long traditional "plot".

I'd back Yorkhill got the Coral Cup regardless if he was an intended runner

Comment

Wasn't that his first run back though?

I don't think it was a season long traditional "plot".

I'd back Yorkhill got the Coral Cup regardless if he was an intended runner
                  Not sure about plot, but he got it's mark down to 138 and ran in big Uk handicaps poorly in Feb and march, some would say it was a plot.
                  Are you thinking of arctic fire ?

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    Not sure about plot, but he got it's mark down to 138 and ran in big Uk handicaps poorly in Feb and march, some would say it was a plot.
                    Are you thinking of arctic fire ?

Wicklow was pulled up in the Imperial Cup 6 days before he romped home at festival, Never went off with the others, then Ruby had him out back all race before he gave up. Was never going a jot. I know because I backed him and then I went in again for the County Hurdle which he romped by 8 lengths at 25/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                      Wicklow was pulled up in the Imperial Cup 6 days before he romped home at festival, Never went off with the others, then Ruby had him out back all race before he gave up. Was never going a jot. I know because I backed him and then I went in again for the County Hurdle which he romped by 8 lengths at 25/1.
                      same here fella

Comment

• I remember wondering around the Best Mate enclosure (for my final time) what horse to back (I didn't do as much ante post until the following year) and it kept sticking out at me, why was it so bad the previous week, there had to be something in it. So I sidled up to the on course bookie and had a fiver each way at 25s. It was my lucky day as I then backed Coneygree with some of the winnings and then got a gut feeling about Killultagh Vic as well and went in on him. If only every Festival day was that good haha

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                          I remember wondering around the Best Mate enclosure (for my final time) what horse to back (I didn't do as much ante post until the following year) and it kept sticking out at me, why was it so bad the previous week, there had to be something in it. So I sidled up to the on course bookie and had a fiver each way at 25s. It was my lucky day as I then backed Coneygree with some of the winnings and then got a gut feeling about Killultagh Vic as well and went in on him. If only every Festival day was that good haha
                          I was in the Best mate on supreme day with my mate . we hadn't had that much luck , then in the last race we went 50/50 ,
                          and as he's a little Leprechaun I said let's do " Irish ?????? - Rebecca curtis horse . Hosed up and made
                          a great day even better.

Comment

• ........... Irish Cavalier !. just remembered - won at 11-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              ........... Irish Cavalier !. just remembered - won at 11-1.
                              Lovely, it is nice when you get a random gut feeling and they hose up. I have been in the Tatts ever since as it always seems to hammer it down when I go in the BM.

Comment

• I've enjoyed reading these Cheltenham threads but I wonder how are you lot are backing these antepost prices and getting free bets etc? All of my accounts are restricted

Comment

Working...
                                X