Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of a deflated mood on the forum this afternoon... been a bad week or so for the ante-post. I was very much against Penhill but gutted for those on, I've shared the pain enough this week (and also shame I won't be proven right )

As a general point I think this shows it's not worth getting too stuck into early season acas, and spread the risk around if you do. But I guess people are more pissed off about the shortened prices than the stakes

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
      Bit of a deflated mood on the forum this afternoon... been a bad week or so for the ante-post. I was very much against Penhill but gutted for those on, I've shared the pain enough this week (and also shame I won't be proven right )

As a general point I think this shows it's not worth getting too stuck into early season acas, and spread the risk around if you do. But I guess people are more pissed off about the shortened prices than the stakes
      True. I'm sure the Paisley Park backers (I'm not one) are very happy

Comment

• All aboard to Samcro superstar revival train choo choo

Comment

• added melon 1pt 65-1

Comment

• Managed to get 1pt on Faugheen at 8/1 just before sky went 6/1

Bet365 were quick I was on 2 minutes after the first tweet and they had suspended cashout

Comment

• Urrrggghhh I'm in such a foul mood still. Going to take it out on people on here rather than people in real life haha

Comment

• I guess i have been a bad bugger and its payback but dont think i can take one more kick in tha bollox

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Urrrggghhh I'm in such a foul mood still. Going to take it out on people on here rather than people in real life haha
                  Just picture Tiger Roll and Presenting Percy cruising to the last on the absolute snaff Kev. That will cheer you up!

Comment

• With Penhill out, what price do you see Paisley Park going off on the day?

At the current odds looking for value I would look at Limini at 33s NRNB, if she turns up here I could see her going off shorter and running a big race - 3ms on Good to soft would be perfect for her.

Comment

• Find Paisley Park in this lot

Comment

• With no Penhill now and Paisley Park at even money the rest of this market is a mindfield, nothing stands out other than punts of older horses on the decline or using this race because they’re not ready for their ideal races

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Urrrggghhh I'm in such a foul mood still. Going to take it out on people on here rather than people in real life haha
                          Sounds like someone needs a dog in their life.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                            Sounds like someone needs a dog in their life.
                            My two had the longest walks of their life this afternoon.
                            Kohli ruined my unders in the India/Aus T20 and the Penhill news came up 5 mins later, we must have covered 3/4 miles and I'm still fuming.
                            Sometimes even dogs aren't enough, punchbag needed....

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              Naughty Will Hill with boost on monday ??
                              hope they didn't know something.

That is very disapointing if they did know! I got caught out on a Faugheen boost a few years ago, few days later news breaks he is out for the season!

I was talking to a friend of a friend (yes one of those ones) about Penhill being out today. He said "Sure I thought that was public knowledge, the group Im in knew about that weeks ago and we cashed out."

Very strange as was still 2nd fav, and WM in articles and quotes seem to suggest it was fine and aimed towards defending his crown.

But suppose what can you prove, could have been someone in the yard in the know, or could have been a false claim thats came true.

But if Will hill knew about it they should be ashamed. Not on it with them myself and dont have an account with them, but think as a good will gesture to others they should refund and bets, especially if took the boost.

Comment

• Going through my spreadsheet isn't fun at the moment...

87/1 - Santini / Penhill
                                31/1 - Buveur D'air / Penhill
                                69/1 - Penhill / Presenting Percy

Comment

Working...
                                X