Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Humble Pie View Post
    May well be BV
    My point being if no Samcro what do they run and If CS turns up he won’t be 40’s
    NRNB
    Think Paisley correctly fav , wouldn’t right off Penhill
    To be fair, they've not clipped him for NRNB and he's better than a 40/1 shot

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      assuming the same horses that set a good gallop in the cleeve turn up then I'd expect they'll do similarly.
      But I'm seriously considering backing in running on this, as I've mentioned before.
      Given a strong pace I think Paisley will be very difficult to beat.
      And I was a Penhill believer all last year, when the no prep run merchants were barking loudest.
      I'll probably back penhill also to be fair, as he may also be able to operate off a strong pace, although I have my doubts

But I think Scooby mentioned earlier about Punchestown where it does look like they gave two old boys (Faugheen & UDS) the races by granting easy leads in races where Elliot had nothing to really challenge. Just for the championship battle, so Penhill was not exactly given a 100% winning ride.
      I'd be tempted by this but my ability to judge live fractions is somewhat lacking. That, and I get too carried away with my pre-run biases, so I stay well away from in-running

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
        I'd be tempted by this but my ability to judge live fractions is somewhat lacking. That, and I get too carried away with my pre-run biases, so I stay well away from in-running
        I do normally. for similar reasons, but I may prep for it by timing past runnings and have a go.
        I'll probably bet before race, and smaller stakes during the race especially if paisley drifts like he has previously once he's niggled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          and is Yanworth at 33/1 NRNB too?

Went off 6/1 last year, if the 'pace of the race' didn't suit him.... maybe he's be shorter?

Entered over hurdles and fences as OV pointed out.
          This got ignored a few days back.

Evens tomorrow in a 3 mile hurdle...

If he wins, he shortens for the stayers, if he loses, he goes over fences maybe in a handicap...

I'd say the 25/1 NRNB with BV is a bet to nothing at this stage...

One I'd look to lay off closer to the time so probably but I still think it's worthwhile myself.... he's clearly a talented big orange mammel

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
            I feel like he’s being lined up for a handicap
            Interesting. I hope he goes Stayers although he will be outclassed at this stage with lack of runs. My gut feeling is Samcro won't be rushed back with a view to the long term, so CS will therefore run here. I think he's too high class for a handicap and so highly regarded by Gordon.

Comment

• Paisley Park has done nothing wrong and wins this for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas Shelby View Post
                Paisley Park has done nothing wrong and wins this for me.
                amen to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas Shelby View Post
                  Paisley Park has done nothing wrong and wins this for me.
                  Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  amen to that.
                  Value at his current price to do so?

Comment

Value at his current price to do so?
                    at 2-1 not quite
                    might be bigger on the day I think ?
                    but not sure

Comment

• Anyone heard anything on Kilbricken Storm? CT said he would have a prep before this. Very weak on the machine I topped up 60's.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                        Anyone heard anything on Kilbricken Storm? CT said he would have a prep before this. Very weak on the machine I topped up 60's.
                        A couple of weeks ago.
                        He said he'll go straight there. Should he stay sound.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

at 2-1 not quite
                          might be bigger on the day I think ?
                          but not sure
                          I'd guess bigger on the day.

I suppose that very, very much depends on Mullins' winners, and market support for Penhill

and actually, Samcro will get backed too if he runs...

you'd have to wait? (or not, as its BOG everywhere...but you know)

Comment

I'd guess bigger on the day.

I suppose that very, very much depends on Mullins' winners, and market support for Penhill

and actually, Samcro will get backed too if he runs...

you'd have to wait? (or not, as its BOG everywhere...but you know)
                            Have it in a treble with Fakir 12's erec 5/2 and pasiley 5/2.
                            so will be waiting till the day, just in case that's rolling still.

Comment

Have it in a treble with Fakir 12's erec 5/2 and pasiley 5/2.
                              so will be waiting till the day, just in case that's rolling still.
                              Very nice.

If the first trwo win how tempted are you going to be to lay off Sir Erec, at very likely odds on?

Comment

Very nice.

If the first trwo win how tempted are you going to be to lay off Sir Erec, at very likely odds on?
                                depends who's running on the day, triumph could cut up, or be more competitive than it looks now.
                                Already got erec at 10's though, so likely would lay off

Comment

Working...
                                X