Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think if you asked Tony, he'd probably back Paisley Park.
    and be happy with any prize money for penhill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      "No doubt Mr blooms money's in place"
      it's not a handicap. His forms there plain to see on the table. I very much doubt he'd be backing penhill in the stayers hurdle antepost.
      It won't be on ante post and I'd hazard a guess that it wasn't in last season either, the way he drifted.

Comment

• Definitely not. He's a billionaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          "No doubt Mr blooms money's in place"
          it's not a handicap. His forms there plain to see on the table. I very much doubt he'd be backing penhill in the stayers hurdle antepost.
          Bloomy gets most of his bets on overseas so there can be a huge bet that doesn't register in the UK market.
          The other thing to know about Bloomy is that he values and rewards loyalty so the teams he has doing the research and placing his bets will never reveal in public

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            Bloomy gets most of his bets on overseas so there can be a huge bet that doesn't register in the UK market.
            The other thing to know about Bloomy is that he values and rewards loyalty so the teams he has doing the research and placing his bets will never reveal in public
            They bet Asian handicaps not NH antepost.

Comment

Have read a few interesting articles on this and it's all very mysterious. He obviously has some of the best computer models and sharpest minds around him.

Comment

• Badly communicated by myself , apologies!
                Didn’t mean ante post bet , what I meant was Mr Bloom would maximise the market .

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Have read a few interesting articles on this and it's all very mysterious. He obviously has some of the best computer models and sharpest minds around him.
                  He employed a large team who spent 18 months+ creating a model for betting all sports, what the layout was I have no idea but the labour cost would have been over £1m.
                  That said, a very good friend of mine who has nothing but total respect for Bloomy left because the model creates robot betting with no thought process, he now bets for himself and does very well.
                  But what Bloomy has created is a tremendous outfit...

Comment

He employed a large team who spent 18 months+ creating a model for betting all sports, what the layout was I have no idea but the labour cost would have been over £1m.
                    That said, a very good friend of mine who has nothing but total respect for Bloomy left because the model creates robot betting with no thought process, he now bets for himself and does very well.
                    But what Bloomy has created is a tremendous outfit...
                    The biggest gambler on these shores?

I love the mystery around it all.

Comment

• Did they bet horses? I thought they bet solely on Asian handicaps in football. Very small margin very high turnover.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                        Did they bet horses? I thought they bet solely on Asian handicaps in football. Very small margin very high turnover.
                        It's a professional operation boopa, they have teams covering most sports.
                        He only got into horse ownership about 5/6 years ago but has been betting horses for a while, their top racing man is a well known ex rails bookmaker

Comment

• The “ mystique” surrounding Bloom just adds to the story and makes it more intriguing.

Comment

• There was a good podcast I listened to this week with Harry Findlay - Business of Betting podcast it was called.... he references his time with Tony Bloom in that before their fall out.

Very interesting, not just horse racing related but worth a listen after this weekend probably...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              There was a good podcast I listened to this week with Harry Findlay - Business of Betting podcast it was called.... he references his time with Tony Bloom in that before their fall out.

Very interesting, not just horse racing related but worth a listen after this weekend probably...
                              Cheers Kev ,will put on “to do “ list

Comment

• Expecting supasundae to run his usual race of ridden early and staying on well
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X