• Black Op

17 39.53%
  • Midnight Shadow

3 6.98%
  • Something else

9 20.93%
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Wasn’t it supposed to be the Ascott Gold Cup last year?
    Can't find anything to back that up, would make sense though... unless they're thinking Melbourne Cup?!

Top Amateur
    I remember the Ascot gold cup being mentioned last year for Penhill , but i thought he got an injury and was then even doubtful
    for the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    I remember the Ascot gold cup being mentioned last year for Penhill , but i thought he got an injury and was then even doubtful
    for the festival.

It isn't ideal - however running in an Ascot Gold Cup I won't see as a negative... I always used to wonder how Big Bucks would get on in it... probably get beaten by "the flat spot".

Top Amateur
    Does'nt have an entry in the Gold cup though , ??.

While Mullins may have ticked a lot of boxes off on his glittering CV, there are still several he would like to achieve across both codes of the sport.

He said: "I would like to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup, while I would also like to win an Ascot Gold Cup and a Melbourne Cup.

"They are all races I'd like to think we have a chance of winning, as we have got the horses to do it.

"They are reasonable targets that we might hopefully get to achieve."

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    While Mullins may have ticked a lot of boxes off on his glittering CV, there are still several he would like to achieve across both codes of the sport.

He said: "I would like to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup, while I would also like to win an Ascot Gold Cup and a Melbourne Cup.

"They are all races I'd like to think we have a chance of winning, as we have got the horses to do it.

"They are reasonable targets that we might hopefully get to achieve."
    When was that from?

I'd prefer he didn't have a flat campaign with Penhill HOWEVER, of all the code switching that is possible, a stayer on the flat and the weakest of any division in terms of overall quality (staying hurdlers) is something that wouldn't stop me fancying Penhill

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    When was that from?

I'd prefer he didn't have a flat campaign with Penhill HOWEVER, of all the code switching that is possible, a stayer on the flat and the weakest of any division in terms of overall quality (staying hurdlers) is something that wouldn't stop me fancying Penhill
    Was an article about mullins 3000th winner and what his ambitions were next. On Irish racing site

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Was an article about mullins 3000th winner and what his ambitions were next. On Irish racing site
    Cheers I'll have a look.

I see Bloom/Mullins have the fav now for the staying race at Royal Ascot tomorrow.... I can't ever remember seeing him run. I must have done, but surprising favourite!

5lb Claimer
    Going to give a little shout for Sam Spinner here, I know he was a little disappointing at Cheltenham and then Aintree when being a beaten favourite, but the Cheltenham festival has been the only time he’s finished not placed. He’s only 6 so I can see him improving and Jedd O K confirmed he would be staying over hurdles for as long as possible. With a firm target and consistent record I think the 33/1 with William Hill then boosted to 36-37/1 is a great EW price. A good opening race next season and I can see that price tumbling down.

I feel last years stayers hurdle favourite is being underestimated at that price! and must have a least a chance at a place !

Think I’ve talked myself into covering

I don’t disagree Will Dunn but I just can’t have the trainer.
    Under 20 Chelt runners in 18 or so years of training suggests his operation isn’t geared towards the big one and that he possibly doesn’t have what’s needed to train a festival winner.
    That may sound harsh and I’m happy be proved wrong because I like the horse, but he looks better suited to a Donny/Aintree coup than a champs race at Chelt for me