Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware Mares, they fall out of love with the game very quickly....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Beware Mares, they fall out of love with the game very quickly....
      Very true. I would hope at her age AJ still has more to give even if it's not winning grade 1 races but she's had a lot of tough races at such an early age.

Whatever people made of Mullins targeting of Quevega the above makes it all the more remarkable how he was able to get her back to the festival to win year after year

Comment

I've placed 28 multiples so far ante post... 12 of them have Penhill in

42.86%

Still the best value out there.......

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

42.86%

I’ve only got him in a couple (I’ve got about 10-20 multiples I’d say) because, whilst I agree his price is value, I have a worry about him as I think he’s a bit fragile.

He’s been targeted at Royal Ascot once or twice in his career already and has missed it so that’s a worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
            I’ve only got him in a couple (I’ve got about 10-20 multiples I’d say) because, whilst I agree his price is value, I have a worry about him as I think he’s a bit fragile.

He’s been targeted at Royal Ascot once or twice in his career already and has missed it so that’s a worry.
            I'm pretty hopeful with the emergence of Stratum / Withhold that Bloom has enough to go to war with on the flat... and I believe the 'fragility' is one of the reasons he won't be aimed at the flat ever again.

He won without a prep at all last year too so even if he does not make it to the track, I have faith in Mullins he can get the job done.

My only worry is Faugheen, and I'll just take it on the chin if Faugheen is there on the day....I'll cheer him on and if I've got it wrong so be it!

Comment

I'm pretty hopeful with the emergence of Stratum / Withhold that Bloom has enough to go to war with on the flat... and I believe the 'fragility' is one of the reasons he won't be aimed at the flat ever again.

He won without a prep at all last year too so even if he does not make it to the track, I have faith in Mullins he can get the job done.

My only worry is Faugheen, and I'll just take it on the chin if Faugheen is there on the day....I'll cheer him on and if I've got it wrong so be it!
              I love Faugheen. I would just love to see him fully fit and aimed at the Stayers.

Based on that Punchestown run, he’s a massive massive player over 3m hurdles next season if he keeps the injuries away.

Is there a racing fan on the planet that wouldn’t secretly love him to win if he led jumping the last next year up the famous hill.

Comment

42.86%

Raise you ....54 multi's , 21 with Penhill in !!!!!!!!!!,. I hope he runs

Comment

Jesus lads, multiples in September!

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                    Gotta be in it to Win it Jack !.or . won't know till march

Comment

As I done last season with other races, this one will be split between Penhill & Faugheen in a lot of bets, if either one, or better still, both turn up for it I don't see them being beat.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        As I done last season with other races, this one will be split between Penhill & Faugheen in a lot of bets, if either one, or better still, both turn up for it I don't see them being beat.
                        Do you not feel Faugheen is a risky play CoD ?
                        I get the feeling he's one poor run/minor injury away from retirement, owes connections nothing and will be looked after....

Comment

Do you not feel Faugheen is a risky play CoD ?
                          I get the feeling he's one poor run/minor injury away from retirement, owes connections nothing and will be looked after....
                          A fairly big risk, but the horse racing enthusiast crossed with the gambler in me can not let him turn up and run unbacked. He is probably the only horse I am happy to risk money on and not feel any guilt about it should he not turn up.

As you said he doesn't owe connections anything, and from a punting perspective he owes me nothing either, he was the single biggest horse I'd ever backed along with Vautour in 2014 including in a lot of multi's and from that day onwards both them horses had my head and heart! I'm just sooo gutted Vautour never got his Gold Cup chance, but back to the stayers' and Faugheen wiped the floor with Penhill and the rest at Punchestown, he'd do the same to them at Cheltenham too if turning up 90-100% IMO.

Comment

Not sure any horse can turn up 90% and win sat Cheltenham, even more so an 11yo in a championship race, but he’s a star of the game and his presence would definitely add to the race...

Comment

Not sure any horse can turn up 90% and win sat Cheltenham, even more so an 11yo in a championship race, but he’s a star of the game and his presence would definitely add to the race...
                              You are probably right. It's a risk I don't mind taking with Faugheen though.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                                Not that crazy is it? My multiples placed between April and Sept since I've had any... (which is only the last 3 years)

2018 was -15 pts
                                2017 was +145 pts
                                2016 was -13 pts

Net profit +117 pts

Last season a win for either of Our Duke, Cause of Causes or Finian's Oscar would all have been +500 pts and in some cases much more.... (although that would have included some multiples I had from October < too) but no way I'd consider changing after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X