Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well , that sounds like good news to me , At least i may get a run for my money !.
    I thought at the time 33-1 was too big , even if he did disappoint at the festival.
    when someone mentioned him going chasing ,i thought oh well . so i'm pleased to read that,
    and hoping he is a better horse this year . ( pocket talking obviously ).

Comment

Without a doubt my most important horse this festival at the moment is still Penhill

Sending him to the Stayers’ Hurdle fresh worked out well last season, so I’m happy to try and do something similar with him this season.
      Could there be a "smoother" season? No news is good news until we get to around February

Comment

Probably been mentioned but KIlbricken Storm has to be of interest in this, even though he's meant to be going chasing - given Tizzard mentioning the race on his stable tour comments.
        Tizzards know what it takes to win the race and the form of his two races last spring are excellent.
        They also fuck around with targets as good as the best of em.
        Also the staying hurdle division in England is shite so there;s money to be had mopping up these races also.
        40-1 is a big price with ladbrokes and might even be boosted.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
          Probably been mentioned but KIlbricken Storm has to be of interest in this, even though he's meant to be going chasing - given Tizzard mentioning the race on his stable tour comments.
          Tizzards know what it takes to win the race and the form of his two races last spring are excellent.
          They also fuck around with targets as good as the best of em.
          Also the staying hurdle division in England is shite so there;s money to be had mopping up these races also.
          40-1 is a big price with ladbrokes and might even be boosted.
          Yeah if he was not going chasing he'd definitely be of interest.

I'll be watching his chase debut VERY closely. Also watching his entries too for the same reason

Comment

Another I've looked at that interests me and I've just watched the video's of his races again.
            ROBIN ROE - skelton
            Anyone any idea how this horse is and what the plans are, it looked as exciting a horse as I saw a couple of years back. Moves fantasticly well.

Comment

Another I've looked at that interests me and I've just watched the video's of his races again.
              ROBIN ROE - skelton
              Anyone any idea how this horse is and what the plans are, it looked as exciting a horse as I saw a couple of years back. Moves fantasticly well.
              Moved to Ollie Murphy, think the owner may have been seeing Skelton's father then ended the relationship and moved all her horses to OM. Not sure if that's right but I looked into it a few months back. Horse is back in training as far as I know.

Comment

ROBIN ROE - skelton
                He could well be the first horse that puts Olly Murphy 'on the map' but i'd be surprised if connections don't try and utilise his hurdles rating of 135 in a handicap this season (at least before moving onto something like this). Looks incredibly lenient when you consider on his Aintree run in October 2016 he beat No Comment by 12L (145 over hurdles) and Tintern Theatre another 4.5L back (137 over hurdles)

Comment

Sam Spinner to return to action at Newbury ,in a couple of weeks , was supposed to be going to wetherby
                  But got a bruised foot.

Comment

I stuck a £5 free bet on Yorkhill @ 50/1. I think I have officially lost the plot

Comment

Robin roe got a bad injury and I am not sure if he recovered from it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                        I stuck a £5 free bet on Yorkhill @ 50/1. I think I have officially lost the plot
                        I think you must have Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          I think you must have Charlie
                          Perhaps! Providing he stays well he has to go somewhere. He jumps fences like a lunatic and his owner has a love affair with this race. It was a free bet il never see again tho haha

Comment

Perhaps! Providing he stays well he has to go somewhere. He jumps fences like a lunatic and his owner has a love affair with this race. It was a free bet il never see again tho haha
                            Is there such a thing as a horse psychologist? He had one of the strangest campaigns for a grade 1 horse I can remember and I fear it could have left its mark.

The talent is obviously there but something was certainly missing last season.

Comment

I actually think that isn't a bad shout.... at 50/1 I think you can take a bit of a flyer.

They can't send him over fences again can they... and with a lazy assumption the owner likes to win the stayers hurdle you can keep him happy.

Worse 50/1 shots out there... it'd only take 1 run for him to 'bounce back' after the summer off and you're looking at a 2m5f hurdle winner up against some pretty average horses?

As FM says, it's unlikely he'll ever be as good as he was, but on his best form he's not a double figure price for this race, let alone 50/1

Comment

This is coming from someone who had been a firm believer that he would be lining up in the Gold Cup last March but has Yorkhill shown anything over his 3 runs at 3m+ to suggest he could go do anything in this race? Bar the usual 'more likely to stay the older they get' cliche.

Though I don't blame you charlie for using up a free bet on him, complete cliff horse of mine even after last season!! And he has 0% chance he will line up in the CH again so it's only this race, or...

As I mentioned in another thread - chuck him in the best 2m-2m5 hurdle races over the winter, then stick him in the Coral Cup at the festival and just hope that spark may well come back, over a track and trip that has him down as a dual festival winner. You really want a horse on the upgrade in most festival handicaps, and that race especially but we've seen the likes of Supasundae win off 148, Whisper off 153 and Topofthegame come second off 150. A strong pace, big field handicap would help. His current hurdles mark of 151 was the same mark he had when winning the Neptune in 2016. Now he's nothing like that same horse now but what else have they got to try?!

That's what I would do anyway! Back to this race and horses that actually have a chance again

Comment

Working...
                                X