Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

It's all over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all over...

....and Cheltenham 2018 has come to a close.

Well done to everybody that finished ahead, onwards and upwards for those that didn't!

I hope as many of you stick around for Aintree and the Irish meetings, as well as the flat and of course, the long journey towards Cheltenham 2019.

The ante-post thread has already begun... there are some absolutely invaluable bits of self-analysis that can/will be done by some key members on the forum over the next month or so and there are nuggets of information you'll get by keeping involved on the forum that you might miss as focus switches elsewhere.

I look forward to hearing about the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY from everyone... and thank-you again to all of you for your contributions.

Is there not a fast forward button on here??

Comment

Originally posted by darlojim View Post
      Is there not a fast forward button on here??
      Haha. Still hasn't hit me it's all over yet.
      Won't be long before I start to look at 2019 antepost but promised my Mrs I won't.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Main thing iv learned avoid backing in the Albert Bartlett antepost. I knew this already but I plan to put that in to use.

And not to back novice hurdlers or start to build a book on novices so early. For every 1 samcro theres plenty of getabird or red jacks. It's very rare bumper form translates to hurdles. And the prices so far out are really poor.

Comment

First time post been watching since came back from breeders cup... just wanna say I big thank you for all of the info I gained from here.. for the first time I started 5months out from the fez so was able to cover a lot of horses... finished the 4 days Ł1400 in profit ... special thanks to Scooby, kevloaf and robbante....and the rest of you guys...what an awesome festival.. nice again you’re all superstars ������

Comment

Originally posted by Markmightbite View Post
            First time post been watching since came back from breeders cup... just wanna say I big thank you for all of the info I gained from here.. for the first time I started 5months out from the fez so was able to cover a lot of horses... finished the 4 days Ł1400 in profit ... special thanks to Scooby, kevloaf and robbante....and the rest of you guys...what an awesome festival.. nice again you’re all superstars ������
            Very kind words. And well done. Hopefully see you a bit more on here In the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Very kind words. And well done. Hopefully see you a bit more on here In the future.
              Pleasure... thanks again guys

Comment

Main thing iv learned avoid backing in the Albert Bartlett antepost. I knew this already but I plan to put that in to use.

And not to back novice hurdlers or start to build a book on novices so early. For every 1 samcro theres plenty of getabird or red jacks. It's very rare bumper form translates to hurdles. And the prices so far out are really poor.
                Something I made a case about on the Supreme thread mate a while back and 100% agree. Bumper form is not strong enough on its own until we actually see them jump a hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by Markmightbite View Post
                  Thanks Mark. A broken clock is right at least twice a day

Comment

Every year just before the first Cheltenham meeting in October I screen shot the markets for the Festival from Bet 365 (purely because they have the most races priced up usually) to look back on. Here’s the results
                    Taken on October 3rd
                    Supreme-Summerville Boy (Not Quoted)
                    Arkle-Footpad (25/1)
                    Champion Hurdle-Buveuer D’Air (4/1)
                    Mares Hurdle-Benie Des Dieux (25/1)
                    NH Chase-Rathvinden (20/1)
                    “Neptune”-Samcro (16/1)
                    RSA-Presenting Percy (20/1)
                    Champion Chase-Altior (5/4)
                    Cross Country-Tiger Roll (Not Quoted)
                    Ryanair-Balko Des Flos (12/1)
                    JLT-Shattered Love (Not Quoted)
                    Stayers-Penhill (14/1
                    Mares Novice-Laurina (Not Quoted)
                    Gold Cup-Native River (12/1)

Comment

Some great odds right there

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                        Every year just before the first Cheltenham meeting in October I screen shot the markets for the Festival from Bet 365 (purely because they have the most races priced up usually) to look back on. Here’s the results
                        Taken on October 3rd
                        Supreme-Summerville Boy (Not Quoted)
                        Arkle-Footpad (25/1)
                        Champion Hurdle-Buveuer D’Air (4/1)
                        Mares Hurdle-Benie Des Dieux (25/1)
                        NH Chase-Rathvinden (20/1)
                        “Neptune”-Samcro (16/1)
                        RSA-Presenting Percy (20/1)
                        Champion Chase-Altior (5/4)
                        Cross Country-Tiger Roll (Not Quoted)
                        Ryanair-Balko Des Flos (12/1)
                        JLT-Shattered Love (Not Quoted)
                        Stayers-Penhill (14/1
                        Mares Novice-Laurina (Not Quoted)
                        Gold Cup-Native River (12/1)
                        Got the makings of a 14 leg FJ acca to buy half of China and every Caribbean island....

Comment

Certainly a mixed bag.

You got any of the previous years to post up FTM?

Comment

Just noticed my only bet so far, a novice hurdler. 😀

Comment

Haha, old habbits die hard

Comment

Working...
                              X