Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Day Three - St Patricks Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
    Claisse said he was considering changing the new course to soft, good to soft in places but is leaving it how it is
    Wow, thats amazing, can't quite believe that. It is going to rain tonight with heavy showers tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
      1.30 Kemboy 20/1 EW

Saint Calvados 25/1 (NRNB)
      Monalee 14/1 (LOST)

2.10 Delta Work 20/1 & 33/1 EW

Black Ivory 14/1 (NRNB)

2.50 Cue Card 10/1

Waiting Patiently 10/1 (LOST)

3.30 Sam Spinner 5/1 & The Worlds End 25/1 EW

Thomas Campbell 33/1 (NRNB)

4.10 Tully East 12/1 EW

4.50 Maria's Benefit 10/1 & Laurina 11/8

5.30 Braqueur D'Or 25/1 EW & Final Nudge 25/1 EW

General Principle 25/1 (NRNB)
      Space Cadet 25/1 (NRNB)
      Vintage Clouds 25/1 (NRNB)
      Added:

2.10 Sykes 25/1 EW

4.10 Last Goodbye 12/1 EW

Delta Work might be able to cope but he would be much better on drier ground and big concern for Tully East hence the market drift.

Comment

JLT: Kemboy @ 25/1 (AP)
        JLT: Shattered Love @ 13/2

Pertemps: Sort It Out @ 12/1 (AP)
        Pertemps: Delta Work @ 12/1

Ryanair: Balko Des Flos @ 12/1
        Ryanair: UDS @ EVS (offer) - (Also in doubles and trebles with Invitation Only & Shattered Love)

Stayers: The New One @ 14/1 (AP)
        Stayers: Bacardys @ 14/1 (AP)
        Stayers: Let's Dance @ 33/1 (AP)
        Stayers: Wholestone @ 20/1

Plate: The Storyteller @ 10/1
        Plate: Last Goodbye @ 14/1 (AP)

Mares Novice: Maria's Benefit @ 7/1 (Laurina last leg of multiples with Altior, BVD & Footpad)

Kim Muir: Pendra @ 16/1 (the last leg of an EW double with Coo Star Sivola)
        Kim Muir: Final Nudge @ 20/1
        (I'l probably end up backing Mall Dini on course as well)

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
          Claisse said he was considering changing the new course to soft, good to soft in places but is leaving it how it is
          From last night ...

Cheltenham's groundstaff are preparing to ready the New Course ahead of tomorrow's third day at The Festival.

Some rain is forecast overnight, but drier weather should prevail by the time racing gets underway at 1.30pm.

Clerk of the course, Simon Claisse said: "The weather forecast says we could get half an inch of rain, or up to 12 millimetres, later this evening and mid-morning tomorrow, and then a dry and mostly-bright afternoon with the occasional shower.

"The New Course is currently 'soft, heavy in places', but only just - the heavier places are at the back of the two-mile start, so [Affecting races] over two and a half. It's nearly good to soft, but there's no point changing the going at this stage with the rain that is forecast.

Comment

Some rain last night but the forecast is looking good today. We have been so lucky with the weather. No rain day 1 or 2 (in the day) and by the looks of the forecast no rain today either

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
              Thursday racing and not liking what i see.Will do a small bet in each race but god knows what!!! Plan of attack keep me powder dry and make it to Friday in the red.But if anyone can throw me a winner for Thursday it will help me out?

BIGMARTRE in the JLT. Massively over priced @16/1. Beat Cyrname comfortably who terrefort just beat and difference in price astrononical. Unlucky last time out and got chinned. Will go out make all and whoever gets past him will win the race. But at 16/1 ill chance no one does.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemouaj View Post
                BIGMARTRE in the JLT. Massively over priced @16/1. Beat Cyrname comfortably who terrefort just beat and difference in price astrononical. Unlucky last time out and got chinned. Will go out make all and whoever gets past him will win the race. But at 16/1 ill chance no one does.
                Tony Kennan put us a rathvinden big M double a few weeks ago. I’m on.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemouaj View Post
                  To be fair that was over 2 miles and cyrname is deffinately not a 2 miler. Paul will say himself he's been placed very well.
                  Not that I fancy terrefort in any way.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Same here... hoping for a big results, rathvinden at 12s and bigmatre at 22s. £5 ew!

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                      Tony Kennan put us a rathvinden big M double a few weeks ago. I’m on.
                      Missed that, will have to find something to go with it today

Comment

Patrick Mullins on Bacardys - are they trying to win too jock - he is a very good amateur. It’s not an amateur race.

Comment

Pretty sure Patrick is a part owner of him

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                            Pretty sure Patrick is a part owner of him
                            Fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                              Patrick Mullins on Bacardys - are they trying to win too jock - he is a very good amateur. It’s not an amateur race.
                              He has got a grade 1 win on him before over hurdles.... so I suppose it isn't the most left-field jockey booking?

Plus, I doubt Paul Townend was itching to get off his Albert Bartlett winner last year.

Not better than most pro's though so your point stands.

Comment

I had a brilliant first day, and an absolutely awful second day, so went from cloud 9 to the gutter in 24 hours ha ha, don't you just love Cheltenham!!

Here's my picks for the day, follow at your peril!

Thursday
                                1.30 Finian’s Oscar (e/w) Kemboy (e/w)
                                2.10 Glenloe (e/w) Louis Vac Pouch (e/w) Protekt Des Flos (e/w)
                                2.50 Un De Sceaux (win) Frodon (e/w)
                                3.30 Sam Spinner (win) Penhill (e/w)
                                4.10 The Storyteller (e/w)- Kings Odyssey (e/w)
                                4.40 Laurina (win) Maria’s Benefit (e/w)
                                5.30 Double Ross (e/w, more in hope than expectation as I back him every time he runs at Cheltenham) Mall Dini (win)
                                We're all old enough to choose our own bets and decide what to put on a horse, if it loses, then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X