Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Show Us Your Winnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlays

Day 1 - 37pts + 15 on the day
    Day 2 - 40pts + 15 on the day
    Day 3 - 25pts + 15 on the day
    Day 4 - 50pts + 15 on the day
    AR&M - 77pts
    Dead - 105pts (46pts returned NRNB)

Net - 348pts

Returns

Day 1 - 63pts
    Day 2 - 127pts
    Day 3 - 121pts
    Day 4 - 144pts

455pts

Thought I was at about 300 points outlay, and happy enough to see it was just under once I got all my NRNB money back.

Spent about 50 points over the week, so rounded it up to 15 per day, because I know I did a few 1/2pt doubles etc. on the last couple days.

Won just under 400pts in 2016, which was the first year I'd gone at it from around Easter, and Lost about 50 pts last year.

Comment

Still recovering. What a week. I had £1,080 in AP bets, budgeted £300 per day and ended up winning £22,000, so £19,720 profit!! Still can't believe it.

Day 1: Not a good start, but saved by Mr Whitaker in the last that brought me back to evens.
      Day 2: Samcro @ 10/1 got me off to a flyer. Tiger Roll & Relegate capped off a superb day.
      Day 3: Shattered Love, Delta Work & The Storyteller £10 EW treble returned £10,166. I also had them all to win individually.
      Day 4: I had been taking AP positions on BBB @ 14/1 for months and backed him strongly on course - £3,800 . Farlcas was the last leg of a £10 EW treble with Tiger Roll & Balko Des Flos returning £3,600. I also had a drunken celebratory bet on Pacha @ 25/1

Highlight of the week was winning my mum £5,000 on a £10 EW Acca which was replacing a mothers day gift she didn't like. Shattered Love, Delta Work, Balko Des Flos & Bacardy's which would have returned £136,000. I couldn't get through to her because she wasn't home so my dad managed to log on, cash out, and cover (signal on course is terrible for me so I cannot put into words how stressful those 40 minutes were between the Ryanair and Stayers Hurdle).

All in all a week I will never forget. Thank you to everyone on the forum for their kind words and well done to everyone. Looking forward to the next 12 months planning Cheltenham 2019!!

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
        Still recovering. What a week. I had £1,080 in AP bets, budgeted £300 per day and ended up winning £22,000, so £19,720 profit!! Still can't believe it.

Day 1: Not a good start, but saved by Mr Whitaker in the last that brought me back to evens.
        Day 2: Samcro @ 10/1 got me off to a flyer. Tiger Roll & Relegate capped off a superb day.
        Day 3: Shattered Love, Delta Work & The Storyteller £10 EW treble returned £10,166. I also had them all to win individually.
        Day 4: I had been taking AP positions on BBB @ 14/1 for months and backed him strongly on course - £3,800 . Farlcas was the last leg of a £10 EW treble with Tiger Roll & Balko Des Flos returning £3,600. I also had a drunken celebratory bet on Pacha @ 25/1

Highlight of the week was winning my mum £5,000 on a £10 EW Acca which was replacing a mothers day gift she didn't like. Shattered Love, Delta Work, Balko Des Flos & Bacardy's which would have returned £136,000. I couldn't get through to her because she wasn't home so my dad managed to log on, cash out, and cover (signal on course is terrible for me so I cannot put into words how stressful those 40 minutes were between the Ryanair and Stayers Hurdle).

All in all a week I will never forget. Thank you to everyone on the forum for their kind words and well done to everyone. Looking forward to the next 12 months planning Cheltenham 2019!!
        Well done Charlie. It's brilliant to hear someone on here have a week like that.

I'd recommend buying something that will trigger the memories of this week. You don't get many moments like you've had this week and they need to be cherished.

Congrats again mate

Comment

Well done Charlie. I had a good week but still going to work tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Well done Charlie. It's brilliant to hear someone on here have a week like that.

I'd recommend buying something that will trigger the memories of this week. You don't get many moments like you've had this week and they need to be cherished.

Congrats again mate
            Cheers pal, sounds like you had a great week too.

Comment

Well done again charlie, I would echo FM's thoughts about buying yourself something as a memento, not very often several come off like that, but when they do, man it's a great feeling

Comment

That's fantastic stuff!!

Really well done, Charlie.

Echo what the others suggested about treating yourself to something tangible, which will always remind of you the great week you had.

Comment

Absolutely phenomenal charlie. So chuffed to hear these kind of stories, even more so from people on here.

On buying a memento...no idea if it's of interest but there's an artist called Terence Gilbert who paints onto racecards. I've actually got this Sprinter piece of his first Queen Mother win (the likes of Kauto, Hurricane Fly, Bob's Worth and more are also on the site). He does commissions as well, you could always look at getting one of/a montage of the 3 winners on day 3?

Sprinter : https://www.ascotgallery.com/Pages/g...e%20triple.htm
                  Others : https://www.ascotgallery.com/Pages/m...c%20prints.htm

Comment

I second Jonos idea. Some of the paintings at the gallery are incredible!

Comment

• Superb work Charlie!
                      I had a free bet on the Delta Work / Storyteller double - but that treble of yours was inspired!!!

I am a small stakes punter, but definitely my best festival.

Need to find some time to do some analysis, but up 4-figures from very small stakes.
                      Can’t quite believe it!!

Could/would have been so much better if Apples Jade or Cause of Causes had come in.

Sounds like most of us did OK

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                        Well done Charlie. I had a good week but still going to work tomorrow.
                        Same for my OV.

Nothing life changing for me but incredibly happy with the return of this year - my best yet.
                        Brief rundown:

TOTAL
                        Staked - 200pts
                        Returned - 363pts
                        Profit of 163pts

By day / singles / multiples etc

SINGLES

Tuesday
                        Staked - 52.8pts
                        Returned - 78pts
                        Profit of 25.2pts

Wednesday
                        Staked - 26pts
                        Returned - 102.9pts
                        Profit of 76.9pts

Thursday
                        Staked - 35.8pts
                        Returned - 9.7pts
                        Loss of 26.1pts

Friday
                        Staked - 23pts
                        Returned - 22.6pts
                        Loss of 0.4pts

MULTIPLES

Staked - 62.5pts
                        Returned - 150pts
                        Profit of 76.9pts

NON RUNNERS (35.13% of total stake)

Singles - 46.6pts
                        Multiples - 23.6pts

The first 2 days were superb though could have been SO much better with both Apple's Jade and (like all) Cause of Causes failing which would have added an extra 540pts (AJ 245pts / CoC 295pts)
                        Thursday was tough and Friday started that way though Blow by Blow and the Paul Nichols Foxhunter winner along with a few places meant it ended up being ok basically breaking even that day.

The Non Runners ended up being higher than I would have hoped for (35%) however I was very lucky in that the non runners were made up mostly from 'lesser' bets and not the key horses I was banking on so I also out of interest very quickly tallied up what would have happened if I had the same bets on the day at SP hence non non runners vs the shorter (though on the odd occasion bigger!) odds and how I would have fared. Can't be taken exactly as some bets/views would have been different but on the same bets (minus the PN special):

Staked - 127.3pts (vs 200pts)
                        Returned - 72pts (vs 363pts)
                        Loss of 55.3pts

Comment

• I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum - your insight helped me have my best ever Cheltenham.
                          All my bets were placed antepost or NRNB. Everything except the shorties were e/w.

Some of the highlights
                          Coo Star Sivola 14/1
                          Shantou Flyer 33/1
                          Benie Des Dieux w/o AJ 4/1
                          Rathvinden 20/1
                          Ms Parfois 20/1
                          Rocklander 25/1
                          Shattered Love 25/1
                          Delta Work 16/1
                          Balko Des Flos 8/1
                          The Storyteller 10/1
                          Laurina 5/2
                          Mohaayed 33/1
                          Paul Nichols to win Foxhunter 5/1
                          Early Doors 33/1

Comment

• The results are in.....

Total staked: 195 points (as mentioned before this was all money made from free bets and arbing over 9 months, a bit time consuming but shows what you can do on a low or non-existent budget)
                            Total non-runners (points lost before the Festival started): 52 points
                            Non-runner percentage: 26%
                            Total returns: 390 points (essentially all profit but 195 specifically related to the Festival)

Other stats:
                            Multiples staked:17 points
                            Multiple returns: 15 points

Number of horses (singles) backed antepost: 45
                            Number that were not fit to make it: 10
                            Injured percentage: 22% (as mentioned before would be interested to see what others had this as)

Final thoughts:
                            Glad I covered half the field in the Supreme in order to get my money back on the race, also doing some on the day laying for the first time, which took the pressure off a bit

I purposely bet little on multiples but still made a real hash of them, including far too many of the same horses that ended up being non runners. Will improve on that next time.

Hardly touched the handicaps but so annoyed that I didn't have The Storyteller in a single as had him in a few losing mutiples, and for not backing Muhayyed after I said I was going to.

Overall though absolutely delighted with the total return essentially doubling my outlay. Haven't done the maths but bearing in mind my biggest AP winners were:

Footpad 11/1
                            Samcro 14/1
                            Buveur Dair 4/1
                            Tiger Roll 11/1

...I've no doubt that betting antepost was absolutely crucial (compared to waiting until NRNB) in terms of making a profit.

And finally a big thank you to all those on here with far more knowledge than me that shared some cracking analysis which was without doubt the main reason I did as well as I did
                            Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 18 March 2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X