Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ruby Walsh....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awful luck for the bloke. Very tough game this is.

Paddy paying out on Ruby to be top jockey

Comment

Hopefully not as bad as first reported and might be back for Punchestown. They are iron men.

Comment

The interview with Katie after her win in the Bumper was an emotional watch, joy and pain in equal measure.

Comment

Originally posted by giantchelsea View Post
          The interview with Katie after her win in the Bumper was an emotional watch, joy and pain in equal measure.

https://www.racinguk.com/videos/watch/ondemand/10272
          Do I have to be a memeber of RUK to watch that

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
            Do I have to be a memeber of RUK to watch that
            Don't think so, you could try pressing play and see what happens

Comment

Shame that, can't have many Cheltenhams left

Comment

Originally posted by giantchelsea View Post
                Don't think so, you could try pressing play and see what happens
                I never thought of that actually

Comment

Id be surprised if this isnt another break - would bruising stop any of these lads ?

Ruby Walsh believes he is likely to be out of action until the end of the month following a fall at Killarney last month.

The rider sustained bruised ribs in the tumble, but had expected to be back in action at this week's Listowel Harvest Festival.

However, he has ruled himself out of the meeting and will take his time before returning to the saddle.

"There is still very deep bruising in the bones in all of my ribs and around my back. I'll just have to wait until it's right,' he told Paddy Power.

"I was hoping that it was going to heal sooner than it has. We have loads of good runners this week but I'm just too sore. Until I'm ready, I won't be back.

"Next week is quiet and Gowran Park and Tipperary at the end of the month are the next meetings that there is good racing at so hopefully I'll be okay for then, with a bit of luck."

Comment

Probably at the stage he can just pick and choose now? No need to rush back when the season proper starts next month I suppose?

Not ideal but Paul Townend is a suitable replacement for the Mullins runners and Danny and David step in where needed

Comment

Takes longer to heal the older we get, and other injuries can come to the fore after a period, wouldn't be surprised if Ruby takes more of a training role in the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                        Takes longer to heal the older we get, and other injuries can come to the fore after a period, wouldn't be surprised if Ruby takes more of a training role in the next few months.
                        HE could well do both, but whilst Mullins is no/.1 trainer, and they have the best horses, no way he;ll be giving up riding those G1's.

McCoy has the numbers overall, but Walsh is the best jockey we've seen

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          HE could well do both, but whilst Mullins is no/.1 trainer, and they have the best horses, no way he;ll be giving up riding those G1's.

McCoy has the numbers overall, but Walsh is the best jockey we've seen
                          Totally agree that Walsh is the best, but when they start picking and chosing the fitness levels drop, because race riding is what all the top jocks say keep them super fit. Once that happens it makes injuries even worse, and makes for an even longer healing time. Don't get me wrong, I hope he carries on, I love watching the guy do his stuff, just enjoy whatever he brings to the track for as long as poss, but I would point to Geraghty, he picks and choses and his strike rate is pretty abysmal these days, never as good as Ruby, but definitely not the jock he was, in my view.

Comment

I think Ruby had spleen taken out and when that goes healing takes longer. Paul Carberry had the same thing done as was plagued by injury in last few years. Geraghty has had plenty on injuries over last two years but on a clear run lately and riding better again in my opinion. 15 winners so far in Ireland (only had 21 in Ireland all of last season).

Just hope they all get to call time on it themselves.

Comment

Working...
                            X