Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Irish National 2nd April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish National 2nd April

99 entries. Gordon has 30 and Willie 18.

Last year’s Easter Monday hero Our Duke heads the weights and the 97 entries for the 2018 BoyleSports Irish Grand National at Fairyhouse

I'm not completely obsessed with this horse , but after yesterday's win at Fairyhouse , I'll be having a punt on Bellshill .

Comment

American the one I'm most interested in

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        American the one I'm most interested in
        I'm wondering whether American is the next 'Just So', and that there isn't a race in the calendar long enough for him...

Comment

Looks like American will go to Kelso the weekend after the fez

Bellshill confirmed here which is the eye catcher for me
          Last edited by Hurricane fly; 8 March 2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Is Bellshill a definite to come here rather than Aintree?

Comment

After his win in the Bobby jo

I'm looking more at the big handicaps with him. Coming back here to Fairyhouse might be the thing to do on a track that he's shown that he's really at home on.

"The Irish National is early this year and it might be the one."

Comment

He's got an 8lb penalty according to HRI.

Comment

Killaro Boy if he gets in. Number 61 on the list.

Comment

Have already backed Folsom Blue for this a few times at 12-1

After the mishaps at the Welsh Grand National where it was postponed and then he was lame for the rescheduled race, this has been the target.

Comment

Will be on Acapella Bourgeois in this.

3 races this season were over 3m, then 2m4f and finally 2m1f. Horse was backed as if defeat was out of the question each time and of course he didn't win one of those races. Personally I couldn't believe his price in the 2m1f race and laid him to place. Interesting that Mullins tried him around Fairyhouse on his last start. Total Recall has gone up 26lb for the move to Willie's, I find it hard to believe A.B. is a worse horse for the move.

20/1 taken.

Comment

Does anyone one else think that Bellshill will be unlikely to run?. He 's got a penalty to carry. I think he might go to Aintree instead because of this.

Comment

Sutton Manor for me - think he’s well handicapped

Comment

Declarations on Friday but today's final forfeit stage has produced:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                              Does anyone one else think that Bellshill will be unlikely to run?. He 's got a penalty to carry. I think he might go to Aintree instead because of this.
                              Hope you're right Bigfish, I've backed him for Aintree (nrnb) where I think he carries 10st 9lb, great racing weight if that's correct, is it a 9lb penalty if he runs in Ireland?

Comment

Working...
                              X