Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fat Jockey Farewells (NH)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Jockey Farewells (NH)

We should have a place to say goodbye and pay tribute to any horses no longer with us.

We'll start fresh from today and I'll sticky for ease but hopefully we don't have too much traffic in here.

I thought you were going to be announcing that you were leaving us Kev.

Agree with the thread but just hope that it isn't used much, for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I thought you were going to be announcing that you were leaving us Kev.

Agree with the thread but just hope that it isn't used much, for obvious reasons.
      Sorry to disappoint

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Sorry to disappoint

Comment

I just read on the B.B.C red button ., A Genie in a bottle passed away saturday . R.i.p. only a 7 year old.

Comment

Not a horse that has passed but a retirement, and a thoroughly deserved one at that. Have a good one Cause of Causes

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
              Not a horse that has passed but a retirement, and a thoroughly deserved one at that. Have a good one Cause of Causes
              A brilliant horse and one of my all time favourites.

Comment

Some sad news i'm afraid...

2 time King George winner Silviniaco Conti has died

Comment

Happy retirement to Cause of Causes. I imagine he is one of most people's favourites because of his Cheltenham record... and I am no different

I remember the first time I backed him, when he came 3rd behind Olofi in a handicap hurdle at Cheltenham as a 4yo before JP bought him.

His Kim Muir win was one of my favourite festival moments, watching on a phone screen (due to a long and not that interesting story)

Magnificent effort in last years Grand National too. Cracking little horse!

Comment

Some sad news i'm afraid...

2 time King George winner Silviniaco Conti has died
                    That is rubbish Sickbag Conti will get an honourable mention on the FFP this week hopefully. Was an example of what a fine trainer Paul Nicholls is of a 3 mile chaser IMO
                    Last edited by Kevloaf; 9 April 2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Gutted to hear Cause of Causes retirement though it's thoroughly deserved and the news of Silviniaco Conti dying this evening, another massive shame, makes you happy that he has ended his career in one piece.

He wasn't the first, won't be the last but i'm not sure i'll ever have such fondness for a three times or even multiple festival winner as Cause of Causes.

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Magnificent effort in last years Grand National too. Cracking little horse!
                      Incredible effort considering he ran and won the Virtual Grand National just a day before too

Comment

Fondly recall watching a King George at home and my family, who my ridicule my interest and love of the game, going "So Rob *smugface*, which horse did you back?"

I point at old Conti

"The one that's miles in front"

Comment

Cue Card earns himself a well earned retirement

Comment

Cue Card earns himself a well earned retirement
                            I was there when he won the Champion Bumper, aged 4 and @ 40/1 (obviously didn't back him).
                            Followed him through all the ups and downs - so pleased he's been retired without having to watch his final race - well, actually I couldn't have watched his final race other than, Dr Who like, from behind the sofa.
                            An old friend puts his hoofs up.

Comment

I can't believe he beat Vautour

Cue Card is a smashing horse... and Colin Tizzard's rise to be one of the trainers with a large scale operation in this country is 100% down to this very animal.

I still can't believe he beat Vautour

Comment

Working...
                              X