Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mares Novice Hurdle 2018

Ainsi Va La Vie makes her hurdling debut at Galway tomorrow.

Both Salsaretta and Dome have been given good mentions with this race in mind and there's an excellent post on the pair along with some other French recruits below. It's a long read but well worth it:

(if you don't already i'd fully recommend following who wrote this on twitter: https://twitter.com/mufc_fan_saf)

Some snippets:

Salsaretta

With that above stat in mind, when choosing the sole Rich Ricci French recruit for the piece, it had to be one who'd ran over jumps and not over flat, which rules Winter Soldier out of being included who looks a nice type. For me, when it comes to Rich Ricci's recent French recruits who went over jumps, there's one who stands out way above the rest and it's not the Supreme Novices Hurdle antepost favourite, Annamix. It is the mare Salsaretta.
    Dame de Compagnie

If I were to pick just one National Hunt horse I’m most looking forward to seeing race for the coming season, the beauty Dame de Compagnie would be at the top of my list. That’s not to say necessarily she will be the best of these included in the piece as she has a fair few questions marks to answer. But what she displayed on her hurdling debut in October of last year at Auteuil, is everything I love when watching a horse and makes for an exciting proposition I can't wait to see race over these shores. Dame de Compagnie is another of J.P. Mcmanus' French 3yo recruits from last season and I think it's worth first looking into his French recruitment strategy as of late (skip to paragraph 4 if not interested.

Originally posted by jono View Post

Both Salsaretta and Dome have been given good mentions with this race in mind and there's an excellent post on the pair along with some other French recruits below. It's a long read but well worth it:

(if you don't already i'd fully recommend following who wrote this on twitter: https://twitter.com/mufc_fan_saf)

Some snippets:

Salsaretta

Dame de Compagnie
    Dame De Compagnie is my early selection for this race so that's good to read. I posted a fair bit about her on the other thread but this is a new update for me

Comment

Anyone impressed with that debut 3rd?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post

Some snippets:

Salsaretta

Dame de Compagnie
        Jono, thanks for posting the links to two really informative and well constructed articles.

Saint Calvados is 100/1 on BF for the Arkle! I’ve taken a little of that but strangely they wouldn’t give me the option to back it EW.
        They did the same for Shantou Rock.

Apologies for discussing the Arkle on the Mares thread but it’s in relation to the links on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Brital View Post
          Jono, thanks for posting the links to two really informative and well constructed articles.

Saint Calvados is 100/1 on BF for the Arkle! I’ve taken a little of that but strangely they wouldn’t give me the option to back it EW.
          They did the same for Shantou Rock.

Apologies for discussing the Arkle on the Mares thread but it’s in relation to the links on this one
          Glad it's not just me that struggled to get e/way bets on with Betfair....criminal!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Glad it's not just me that struggled to get e/way bets on with Betfair....criminal!
            We must have them running scared CoD

Comment

Hopefully mystic theatre will beat Lesley dawn at the weekend I know they think alot of Lesley dawn at home, so it could workout to be a good yardstick to beat. If Lesley dawn wins then potts has a live chance in the mares novice.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Hopefully mystic theatre will beat Lesley dawn at the weekend I know they think alot of Lesley dawn at home, so it could workout to be a good yardstick to beat. If Lesley dawn wins then potts has a live chance in the mares novice.
                Ruby rode Lesley Dawn to victory LTO which I find interesting, given the Mares' division usually revolves around Willie and Ruby, and there would be no questions as to where Ruby's loyalty's lie. He'll know how she compares with Willie's horses, though that's not to discount further improvement of course, but it is a guide for them to a degree.

I expect Mystic Theatre to win at the weekend, and then either Salsaretta (most likely, given Ricci usually has one for this race, in the short time of its running) or Mystic Theatre to then take this race at Cheltenham.

I am starting to think I should start doing cross doubles like I have done with many other races. After the passing of Fayonagh I haven't really bothered with this race, but I may have to start re-building a portfolio.

Comment

Ruby rode Lesley Dawn to victory LTO which I find interesting, given the Mares' division usually revolves around Willie and Ruby, and there would be no questions as to where Ruby's loyalty's lie. He'll know how she compares with Willie's horses, though that's not to discount further improvement of course, but it is a guide for them to a degree.

I expect Mystic Theatre to win at the weekend, and then either Salsaretta (most likely, given Ricci usually has one for this race, in the short time of its running) or Mystic Theatre to then take this race at Cheltenham.

I am starting to think I should start doing cross doubles like I have done with many other races. After the passing of Fayonagh I haven't really bothered with this race, but I may have to start re-building a portfolio.
                  Mullins got so many for this race hard to know who's the one.
                  Salsaretta
                  Holiday winner
                  Cut the mustard
                  Ainsi va la vie
                  Glens harmony
                  Mystic theatre
                  Pakora
                  Shanning
                  Don't hesitate
                  Redhotfillypeppers

Not sure if he trains seeyouatmidnight but I'd certainly assume so, with the new owner/ rider.

Comment

I like countister's form and experience in aqps races, but makes me wonder why she's had so many runs without going over hurdles as of yet.
                    Cut the mustard is lightly raced and her form ties in with countister/ chambard, but she was receiving alot of weight from chambard for a close win. Countister has always been shorter odds than chambard when running against each other in France, and would just have the edge of the 2 for me in aqps races. However hurdles is a whole different discipline and will be interesting to see how they match up over here this year.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 31 October 2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Mullins got so many for this race hard to know who's the one.
                      Salsaretta
                      Holiday winner
                      Cut the mustard
                      Ainsi va la vie
                      Glens harmony
                      Mystic theatre
                      Pakora
                      Shanning
                      Don't hesitate
                      Redhotfillypeppers

Not sure if he trains seeyouatmidnight but I'd certainly assume so, with the new owner/ rider.
                      Agree, he has a lot. But I don't think it will be a race Ricci would want to give up the title easily too, so wondering, do you know how many of the above are Ricci's horses?

I know it's dangerous to assume one owner will win a particular race, given the army Willie has for it, but it's currently something I am willing to risk!

Comment

Agree, he has a lot. But I don't think it will be a race Ricci would want to give up the title easily too, so wondering, do you know how many of the above are Ricci's horses?

I know it's dangerous to assume one owner will win a particular race, given the army Willie has for it, but it's currently something I am willing to risk!
                        Yes.
                        Just salsaretta
                        Law girl.
                        Jared sullivan a big owner though will have high expectations too. after investing heavily in mullins

Comment

Yes.
                          Just salsaretta
                          Law girl.
                          Jared sullivan a big owner though will have high expectations too. after investing heavily in mullins
                          Why did Jared Sullivan sell Buveur D'air? I thought he must have lost his interest in racing but that's obviously not the case of he's investing in horses with WPM.

Comment

Are they all going to be in the same colours that they used to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Are they all going to be in the same colours that they used to be?
                              Yes I'm pretty sure his runners so far have been.

Cut the mustard
                              Don't hesitate
                              Holiday winner

Are his out of that list.

Comment

Working...
                              X