Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Saturday TV League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saturday TV League

Couple of thoughts to keep things going during the rest of the year, that's if anyone is interested

The first is:

The Saturday TV League

Only races shown on terrestrial TV will be included

Pick one horse in each race

Bets would be placed as a £1 win at SP. If the selection doesn’t win the £1 will be placed as a £1 place bet at SP, using my standard place betting rule

Scoring

All players making selections in all races will get 1 point

Players making a profit on the day will get an extra 3 points

Players breaking even will get an extra point

There will also be a “goals scored"; this will be the total return on the day

Promotions and relegations

Initially, there will be one league. There will be no promotions nor relegations during a season (see below)

If at the end of a season there are sufficient players to warrant more than 1 league additional league(s) may be created based on the standings at the end of the season

Seasons

Seasons will run for 6 months and will start on 1st April and 1st October

League standings

There will be 2 versions of the league standings
    1. Based on points; goals scored deciding positions where points are equal
    2. Based on goals scored; points deciding positions where goals scored are equal

The other idea is

to simply have Saturday competitions. No ongoing league standings. However, from the data I could, if wanted, do a weekly winner, a monthly winner and a "to date" leader

I won't be offended if there is no interest but if anyone is interested just indicate on this thread

Cheers
    Ron

PS Exclusive to FJ Forum

Sounds a good idea Ron, albeit my flat racing knowledge isnt great, count me in if this is a goer

Comment

I'll give it a go Ron.

Comment

Sorry folks. Only 2 interested makes it not worthwhile. Never mind, it was worth a try and thanks for showing interest

Comment

In fact, in view of the general lack of interest I think I'll say good bye and hope to see you all next March. Best wishes to all.

Comment

It has been quiet Ron since Cheltenham - you'd think racing only existed one week of the year.

I was hoping for an Aintree comp but it would probably still have a lack of interest at the moment

Comment

Working...
            X