Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkle 2018

It seems that potentially this could be a hot race if all the classy hurdlers head this way.Has anyone heard of any definate plans yet?

No definite plans but I'd assume Finians Oscar is heading over fences and he's one who should thrive I've the larger obstacles.

Just had a quick look at the betting and disappointed to see that Betfair still have Neon Wolf in their market.

Comment

Welcome to the site Welshman.

Comment

Welcome Welshman.

I actually think the Arkle could be the weaker of the 3 novice chases at the festival this season with the vast majority of the (potentially) most exciting horses wanting 2m4 - 3m. Long way to go though...

I think the Champion Novice Hurdle at Punchestown last season with:

1st Bacardys
        shd - Finians Oscar
        7 - Death Duty
        nk - Lets Dance

Will end up being an incredibly strong piece of form of novice chasers.

I thought Pingshou could have had a decent chance in this (thinking FO goes further) but seems he stays hurdling this year.

The 20's for Finians Oscar is HUGE though and although my opinion is he goes further than 2miles, i'm extremely tempted to get at a point on at such a price just incase.
        Last edited by jono; 28 August 2017, 05:01 PM.

Comment

We are too late Jono.

Tizzard had an open day today and he has confirmed the FO goes over fences. Best priced 16/1 with Stan James and Skybet.

Pingshou being aimed at the Champion Hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            We are too late Jono.

Tizzard had an open day today and he has confirmed the FO goes over fences. Best priced 16/1 with Stan James and Skybet.

Pingshou being aimed at the Champion Hurdle.
            Sorry Jono - just seen your post on the ante post thread.

Comment

Hi Welshman great to have a new face on board
              A quick browse through the market, Defi looks worthy fav based on hurdles form but one for me at a bigger price is William Henry for Nicky Henderson, good hurdles form, looks every inch a chaser and looks like 2miles could be perfect for him over fences

Comment

Was Defi not already confirmed for a hurdle campaign for this season?

Comment

Can't see an Altior or Douvan this season. It's a huge step in the dark to back any horse that hasn't jumped a Rules fence in public for the most demanding 2 mile novice chase of the season.

Best of luck, of course, to anyone chancing their arm.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                    Was Defi not already confirmed for a hurdle campaign for this season?
                    I haven't seen anything definitive yet. Has anyone bought Paul Ferguson's Jumpers to Follow book? There might be some info on DDS in there. Mark Howard's book is delayed until the end of September due to his ill health.

Comment

Hobbs stated he'd be staying over hurdles on July 10th.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Staying over Hurdles is the plan.</p>&mdash; Philip Hobbs Racing (@PJHobbs1) <a href="https://twitter.com/PJHobbs1/status/884377130653675520">July 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JP can of course decide otherwise (as they did with the world hurdle being Yanworths target according to King only to then go for the champion hurdle and avoid UNWIMH) but I got my copy of Jumpers to Follow today and Paul states:

Though he has the scope for fences. DDS is set to remain over hurdles and the 2m division doesn't look the deepest
                      So you'd assume that's still the plan for now

Comment

Cheers Jono. I'm going to order mine tonight.

Comment

JP likes the old 1-2 in Champion Hurdle ...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                            JP likes the old 1-2 in Champion Hurdle ...
                            MTOY will eat DDS for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                              Hi Welshman great to have a new face on board
                              A quick browse through the market, Defi looks worthy fav based on hurdles form but one for me at a bigger price is William Henry for Nicky Henderson, good hurdles form, looks every inch a chaser and looks like 2miles could be perfect for him over fences
                              I like this shout paz. 33/1 with bet365. Has always been highly thought of since his bumper days. Would have Davy onboard which is always a plus too...

Comment

Working...
                              X