Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Albert Bartlett Novices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Albert Bartlett Novices

Looks a good trial race this weekend. Couple I'm thinking of having a early bet on are West Approach and Wholestone hopefully one of them does well Saturday and bet could look good for March on one of them.

Wholestone definitely has an engine but he needs to tidy up his jumping. I'd fancy him to beat West Approach once again on Friday.

Comment

I think Ireland have a strong hand in this.. I'm on bacardys from the Mullins stable that tipped up 1st time out, but death duty looked good in his 2 runs so far..

Comment

As 'vibes' go, enough people tipped Death Duty as one to follow in the staying novice hurdles and he beat what looked a really good field (when fav) last time out... I have a nice 14s for any race but he looks a really obvious candidate for this race...

Slight negative that he is a big chasing type... might not be this year we see him to his best? I wouldn't take 6/1 now but easy to say when on at 14s...

Comment

Still 20 available for Wholestone. 1 error today but can't not be impressed with him.... keeps getting to the front and hasn't been headed.

UNWIMH won the race last year and was under rated all season...

Comment

I was really impressed with him. Good jockey on him. Thinking of topping up on him next week if he still around 16's and 20's.
            Last edited by Liam301287; 11 December 2016, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Anyone keen on Augusta Kate, I'm not but I feel like I want to be?

In receipt of 7lbs she'd surely have a chance but in my gut I can't see a mare in the race? (absolutely NOTHING to back that up, so feel free to correct me)

Comment

I was very keen after her last run but didn't pull the trigger. however I see she is entered up over 2miles this weekend? A big drop back from LTO when she won easy over 2m7.

Comment

Death Duty and Invitation Only entered against each other at the weekend.

Comment

That'll be class IF they both stand their ground. hopefully will as its a graded race

Comment

From what I understand, it is death duty's target. I can't infringe WPM will want IO to take him on as this stage but here's hoping!

Comment

Would love to see IO vs DD this weekend.

Shades of Shaneshill vs No More Heroes from a few years ago so there's hope it may happen

Comment

Invitation Only vs Death Duty is on!

Comment

Do we fancy DD to step up to 3 miles and IO to stick at 2m4f?
                            If so, do we fancy IO to triumph on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                              Do we fancy DD to step up to 3 miles and IO to stick at 2m4f?
                              If so, do we fancy IO to triumph on Sunday?
                              Won't have a bet... just be watching with interest. There is a possibility they both shorten for Cheltenham if the result looks right .... more likely that one bubble is burst though?

Comment

Working...
                              X