Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Anthony Honeyball Stable Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Honeyball Stable Tour

ALPANCHO
    6 ch g Alflora - Run Tiger.
    Ability in two bumpers and promise on hurdle debut over nearly three miles at Worcester October 12 when veering badly left two out and finishing seven lengths second of 10 to Nataaini.
    "A horse I think a lot of, 17 hands and solid. It was hard work at Worcester last time after he made a mistake three out which is probably why he hung. I thought he did well to mix it with some decent horses there. I'll look at something like a two mile five maiden hurdle at Towcester. Depending how he performs he'll either stay over hurdles or switch to fences later."

AS DE FER
    6 b g Passing Sale - Miss Hollywood.
    Staying chaser rated 143 and 10lb lower over hurdles - well beaten off latest mark on most recent outing at Haydock over three in February. Previously pulled up in Welsh National having beaten Red Rouble 16 lengths off 135 previous start.
    "Just getting over a colic operation which has knocked us back to late December, into January. He's also had a breathing op which will help him because he stopped quickly in the Welsh National and the run after. Before the colic he'd been going very nicely and I'll be looking at three mile staying chases, possibly at Haydock because he has gears on heavy ground."

BALLYBOUGH PAT
    5 b g Waky Nao - Princess Ruth.
    Irish point winner and successful both starts under rules, a bumper by five lengths at Ffos Las in March and a two and a half mile novice hurdle at Carlisle on October 12 by four and a half lengths from African Gold.
    "Thorough stayer that will stick over hurdles this season. I would hope he'll settle down because he pulled quite hard last time but I'm in no hurry to move up in trip until I have to. Three miles will help as the class of race gets better. Likes a galloping track."

DANIMIX
    7 b g Dr Massini - Spring Blend.
    Winning hurdler and staying novice chaser winning fourth chase start on latest outing at Worcester in July beating Suburban Bay 18 lengths. Has jumped from 118 to 127.
    "Just came back into training so will be a while yet because he cracked a bone in his foot. He'll need about three miles on a galloping track on goodish ground. We need to get another novice chase run into him to get experience because I think he'll be competitive in a three mile handicap chase. He'll be fresh when others have had a few runs."

ELEVEN FIFTY NINE
    6 b m Midnight Legend - Essex Bird.
    Smart bumper mare, won two from five, debut in June 2010 and final outing of last season in listed mares race at Aintree in April beating Call Me Star a length and a half.
    "We're looking at a mares hurdle towards the end of October/early November. I think there are three £20,000 listed mares novice hurdles in December and I'll be looking at one of those. They are two miles and she'd win over that trip at a galloping track. For that reason I'll look carefully at the Newbury hurdle on December 1. She'll step up to two and a half afterwards. She jumps carefully and well."

HES OUR LAD
    6 b g Rudimentary - Polyzar.
    Handicap hurdler and two mile novice handicap chaser, 133 and 130 respectively. Has won last two starts, handicap hurdle by 11 lengths from Fashionable Gal at Stratford off 120 and two and a quarter mile chase off same mark in August beating Alfraamsy four lengths off same rating of 120.
    "He's coming back to run around December and there are several races at Taunton which look ok, handicap hurdles over two miles three. The aim is to get him into a 0-140 or 150 two mile handicap around Cheltenham. Come the spring he might be in the County Hurdle. There is also the novice chase option because he only has one penalty. Good to soft is ideal."

JACKIES SOLITAIRE
    Ch f Generous - Bond Solitaire.
    Handicap hurdler, one from eight and produced best run in defeat when ten lengths seventh of 24 to Une Artiste in grade three handicap at Cheltenham in March off 125. Well beaten next start off that mark at Newbury later that month and now 124.
    "She is athletic and will jump a fence in time but over hurdles she has the scope to stay two and a half. Stiff track on softer ground then two mile is fine and I'm quite happy with this mark. There was a plan to use her age and sex allowance in novice chases this season but that's been put on hold at present."

KALANI KING
    5 b g Ashkalani - Supreme Kellycarra.
    Ability in two bumpers last season and encouraging reappearance same sphere when two and three quarter lengths fourth of 13 to Bob Tucker at Worcester October 11.
    "Not mature enough to go over fences this season so he'll go hurdling because he needs experience. Jumps nicely but he is big and needs to fill out. Pleased me at Worcester, stayed on well and hurdles will help, possible at a galloping track over two and a half at Ffos Las on good or good to soft."

MARIE DES ANGES
    4 b f Ballingarry - No Coincidence.
    One from seven over hurdles, success coming off 98 in two mile handicap at Worcester in July by five lengths from Changing The Guard. Last three runs off 111 and well-beaten latest, again at Worcester when eighth of 10 to Natural High October 11.
    "She had a poisoned foot after Worcester which may have explained something about the run. Watch out for her if I can find something like a two mile mares beginners chase, even though there's not much of her. She'll be over fences next time."

MIDNIGHT MINX
    5 b m Midnight Legend - Phar Breeze.
    Won both bumpers last season. Latest at Kempton February beating Call Me A Star a neck.
    "Really excited about her. She's had a wind op because we didn't want to get halfway through the season then have to do it. The main plan is the listed mares bumper at Sandown and the Aintree bumper that we won with Eleven Fifty Nine."

MOVE ALONG
    5 ch m Grape Tree Road - What A Mover.
    Finished third both bumper starts last season, second much the best when length and three quarters third of 18 to Fairey Delta at Uttoxeter late March.
    "Got a splint last year so has been given time so I'll be looking at bumpers towards the turn of the year. After that she'll run into the summer."

PRICELESS ART
    7 b g Anabaa - My Ballerina.
    Winning hurdler chaser for Alan Swinbank and rated 120 latest run when well beaten in two mile five novice chase at Perth in June off 120. Had won off 115 over hurdles same trip. Yet to race for present yard.
    "Has a decent mark of 118 over fences and hurdles which gives me something to work with. Might lack pace so could try him over three miles. Good looking horse with the scope to do well over fences but I'll look at hurdle options first."

REGAL ENCORE
    4 b g King's Theatre - Go On Eileen.
    Won Southwell bumper in February but far more impressive on second start in same sphere at Chepstow October 13 beating Be Bop Buru an easy eight lengths.
    "Chepstow last time was fantastic for us, it was all about the right ground and track and having a nice experience - which he got. He's still immature and he needs a long straight. I thought he was quite impressive and McCoy said to have another bumper run then see if we want to look at a better class race. That would tell us whether to go for a festival bumper or have enough time to go over hurdles."

ROYAL ANNOUNCEMENT
    5 b g Flemensfirth - Made For A King.
    Started 5/2 but well beaten sixth of 11 on bumper debut over 19 furlongs at Fontwell in February in race won by Utopian.
    "He'd be capable of winning an average bumper but he jumps well and can go over hurdles after that."

ROYAL NATIVE
    B g King's Theatre - Hollygrove Native.
    Ability in four bumper starts February to August, latest at Fontwell possibly best when length second of 12 to Petie McSweetie.
    "Looking at lesser tracks, maiden hurdles at the likes of Fontwell but he's pretty slick schooling. Not that big and ready soon and might be better over two and a half miles plus."

ROYAL SWAIN
    6 b g Val Royal - Targhyb.
    Middle distance handicapper on the flat middle to high seventies and won first start for present yard in 14 furlong handicap at Carlisle in September off 75. Yet to race over hurdles. Formerly trained by Alan Swinbank.
    "I get the impression that there's still quite a bit in the tank for this horse and one to watch out for a bit later over hurdles."

TARADREWE
    5 b m Kayf Tara - Kaream.
    Won Warwick debut in February by a length and a quarter from Call Me April in 18-runner event. Good effort in defeat next start in Sandown listed race in March when 13-lengths fourth of 17 to Call Me A Star.
    "Just come back into training. She had schooled and was ready to run then went lame. Fine now but we've got to start again. It depends how soon she comes but if she took time then we might keep her in bumpers, although the plan was always novice hurdling. She's better than her Sandown run last season which was a bit of an afterthought."

VICTOR'S SERENADE
    7 b g Old Vic - Dantes Serenade.
    Useful handicap chaser from two and a half to three miles. Had won over two miles five and three miles at Ffos Las in February and March rising from 120 to 128 and off 140 on reappearance over three at Chepstow October 13. Pulled up before four out when blundering previous fence but certainly going well enough at the time.
    "Aiden Coleman thought he would have nearly have won at Chepstow last time when he made a bad mistake five out. I think he's better if the ground rides softer than that day because it would slow things down. Up till then I thought he jumped well and looked a nice prospect. We'll look at something like the Peter Marsh or Tommy Whittle at Haydock though the Welsh National is on the radar."

VELATOR
    5 b g Old Vic - Jupiter's Message.
    Staying hurdler in great form towards the final third of last season landing a hatrick at Taunton, Plumpton and Newbury. Started run off 86, then 93 and was 110 when beating Winning Habit half a length in extended three mile handicap at Newbury March 23. Now 125.
    "Hasn't quite got there yet but is very neat and tidy schooling over fences - he was really slick over his hurdles. There is a race on November 11, 0-135 handicap hurdle at Ffos Las but only if it's not a bog. Good or good to soft is fine and it's possible he'll be best over two four or five. If it doesn't happen over hurdles then I can see him switching to fences halfway through the season."

CHANTARA ROSE
    3 br f Kayf Tara - Fragrant Rose.
    Unraced
    "Lovely filly, working very nicely without doing too much and if she shows she's up to it we'll look at the listed fillies bumpers. Ready in December."

HELL'S SPIRIT
    4 b g Oscar - Last Century.
    Unraced
    "Won a point to point and in full work and ready to go for a bumper second week in November but a chaser really.

OSCARTEA
    3 b g Oscar - Miss Atreea.
    Unraced
    "Cost 65,000 euro and is a very nice horse indeed. Probably ready towards the end of December depending if he comes to hand."

SIR TOBY TYLER
    3 b g Kayf Tara - Corrieann.
    Unraced
    "A very nice horse with scope but probably won't be ready until the New Year. I like him a lot."

Comment

Working...
    X