Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Lismullen Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lismullen Hurdle

Voler La Vedette is likely to make her seasonal reappearance in the Lismullen Hurdle at Navan later this month.

Colm Murphy's brilliant eight-year-old mare holds an entry in the Dobbins & Madigans At Punchestown Morgiana Hurdle on November 18, along with the likes of Hurricane Fly and the rejuvenated Go Native.

Voler La Vedette came as close as anyone to beating Big Buck's in the World Hurdle in March and then chased home Quevega at Punchestown in May and Murphy is favouring a return to Navan for the race she won 12 months ago.

"I'm not sure if she's going for the Morgiana," said Murphy.

"At this stage I'd say I'm leaning towards the Lismullen Hurdle at Navan for her.

"I'd say it's 51% the Lismullen and 49% the Morgiana."

Voler La Vedette (10/11) , So Young (2) , Maller Tree (12) , Prima Vista (12) , Maes Choice (14) , Mossley (16) , Whatuthink (25) , Head Waiter (66)

Voler is a bet at this time of year. Form before Christmas is excellent..

Comment

16s worth an we punt ?

At Navan on Sunday I renew my association with MOSSLEY (1.45) who is now with Robbie Hennessy having moved from Nicky Henderson at the end of last season.

It seemed to suit him dropping back to two miles six when we won a hurdle at Thurles a couple of weeks ago so the drop to two and a half in the Grade 2 Lismullen Hurdle should be ok at a track like Navan which is very stiff*- and he’ll handle the ground.

Although I’d have plenty of respect for Voler La Vedette and So Young it is worth remembering that this horse was only just over two lengths second to Bob’s Worth in the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.

Comment

Mossley ew for me. 2nd will do at 1/4 the odds.

Comment

Yikes. The winner was 200s on betfair.

Overdid the hold up tactics ?

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
            Yikes. The winner was 200s on betfair.

Overdid the hold up tactics ?
            Worked for them before but sure he would have been handier if the race was run again. Fair play to Tom Doyle though.

Comment

VLV was found to be post-race normal. Jockey Andrew Lynch said she ran flat and never travelled.

Comment

Working...
              X