Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Donald McCain Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald McCain Tracker

Betfair Column

Donald has runners all over the country on Saturday, including a couple of contenders in the feature events at Chepstow.

13.50 Aintree

Agent Archie

I think he needs to find his level and this should give us a better idea as to where we stand with him. It's hard for lightly raced horses just out of their novice season and I suspect he is probably a bit high in the weights but the ground's right for him and he does go nicely at home. I suppose he ran well enough at Stratford but he is going to need to step up on that to take this.

Sud Pacifique

I think he is badly handicapped - he got hammered for winning a bad race by a long way in the summer and it's going to be a struggle for him in races like this in the short term.

14.25 Aintree

Fabalu

He seems in great nick at home but he's a funny one as he seems to need a few runs to get him going. I've never had him this far forward at this stage of the year and it's a veterans' chase on ground he likes so there are reasons to be optimistic. He's more than capable of going well if he is at his best.

16.00 Aintree

Hit The Switch

He won a couple of modest races earlier in the year but he's up in the weights and up in grade as well. I think he will stay this far - the ground was against him when he didn't get home over 2m6f at Cartmel - but this is a much stronger race than he has been running in. He's due a break soon so we thought it was worth a crack at a better race off a low weight and to see how he got on.

17.10 Aintree

Flicka Williams

I think there's some ability there - he wasn't all that far behind Brindisi Breeze on his debut - but it's all gone wrong over hurdles so far, falling at the first at Bangor and then pulling too hard at Carlisle last time. He is a very buzzy sort and although it's a bit of a cliché with these young horses, he really does need to learn his job and settle down. If we can get him settled and enjoying it, he should have a future.

15.40 Chepstow

Mulligan's Man

This is a huge step up in class for him but he isn't going to have many more races this autumn and it's a decent prize for him to have a crack at before having a break. He probably wouldn't want it too soft - if it was better ground I would be more hopeful - but this should tell us where we are with him and he is coming here race fit. He's done nothing wrong for us so far but, as I say, this is a very different test on slower ground than ideal.

16.15 Chepstow

Bourne

Look, he's in great form at home and we know he can be competitive in these races. He might just come on for the run but he's pleased me at home and this has been the target for a while. It's a shame the weights have gone up so much at the overnight stage but these things happen. He's hopefully going to be rocking up in plenty of these big handicaps over the winter and he showed what he could do at Ascot last season when everything fell into place.

13.45 Stratford

Silver Gypsy

She didn't show much at Chepstow last time but I think we will be more positive with her here and the cheekpieces might help. Paul O'Brien is cracking value for his 10lb claim but you would be hard pressed to be backing her with real confidence at the moment.

Comment

Profile: DONALD MCCAIN

Born: June 13, 1970

Based: Bankhouse, Cholmondley, Cheshire

Background: Donald McCain Jnr is the son of Ginger McCain, trainer of the legendary Red Rum, the only horse to win the John Smith’s Grand National three times (1973, 1974 and 1977) and also Amberleigh House, the 2004 victor.

Donald learnt to ride on his sister Joanne’s pony Gambol and rode in his first race on the Flat aged 15 (his father told a few white lies so he could ride) at Haydock Park. He subsequently became a jump jockey, firstly as an amateur and then a professional, riding around 40 winners under Rules. He rode several times over the Grand National fences, finishing fifth aboard Harley in the 1992 Fox Hunters’ Chase and 17th on Sure Metal in the 1996 Grand National. He also spent time working in the stables of Luca Cumani, Sir Michael Stoute and Oliver Sherwood.

Donald subsequently became assistant trainer to his father at Bankhouse Stables at Cholmondeley in Cheshire and played a significant role in Amberleigh House’s Grand National victory in 2004. He was expected to take over the licence from his father at the start of the 2006/7 jump season, but
      had to wait until June, 2006, before he was able to train in his own name as he needed to complete the appropriate British Horseracing Authority courses. Wife Sian trains point-to-pointers

Date of First Trainer’s Licence: June 2006 First Winner as a Licenced Trainer: Bearaway, Newton Abbot, June 8, 2006

Cheltenham Festival Wins (5): Neptune Investment Management Novices’ Hurdle (2010 Peddlers Cross), OLBG Mares Hurdle (2008 Whiteoak), Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Handicap Chase (2007 Cloudy Lane, 2010 Ballabriggs), William Hill Supreme Novices’ Hurdle (2012 Cinders And Ashes)

Aintree Festival Wins: John Smith’s Grand National (2011 Ballabriggs), John Smith's Mersey Novices' Hurdle (2010 Peddlers Cross)

Big Race Wins: Peter Marsh Handicap Chase (2009Cloudy Lane), Altcar Novices' Chase (2009 Will Be Done, 2012 Our Mick), Rossington Main Novices' Hurdle (2010 Peddlers Cross & 2012 Cinders And Ashes), Prestige Novices' Hurdle (2010 Wymott), Scottish Champion Hurdle (2010 Overturn), Galway Hurdle (2010 Overturn), Silver Trophy Handicap Hurdle (2010 Any Given Day), Fighting Fifth Hurdle (2010 Peddlers Cross & 2011 Overturn), bet365 Charlie Hall Chase (2011 Weird Al) Future Champions Finale Juvenile (2011 Hollow Tree)

Wins (2006/07-2010/11): 40; 58; 62; 88;
      100; Wins This Season: 126
      Last edited by Old Vic; 31 January 2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

A thin thread saved by Hoof

Across The Bay
        Smart staying hurdler rated 140 and won handicap chase at Kelso on October 20 beating Bescot Springs easily off 135. “Wasn’t a great race he won last time but he looked good and I’m glad we’re back over fences with him. I’ll be looking at Grand National Trials at Haydock and also the Welsh National would come in, too, along with the Eider. He was favourite for the Irish National a few years ago. He’ll be a more effective chaser than he was a hurdler.”
        BallaBriggs
        Won 2011 Grand National and ran solid race last year when sixth to Neptune Collognes off 10lb higher mark. “He’s a good bit more forward than he was last year so he’ll be out relatively soon. He’ll be running plenty this season because we just feel he needs more racing than just aiming him for the National. I’m mulling over going Betfair or Hennessy but I’m not quite sure. He’s not a heavy ground horse.”

Bourne

Useful handicap hurdler around two and a half miles and looked competitive off 135 for the latter third of last season. “He handled the bad ground on his last run of last season at Sandown and goes for the Silver Trophy at Chepstow on October 27. He was a bit novicey last season and races did get away from him a couple of times. Plenty of good days for him.”

Beeves
        Point to point and bumper winner who won hurdle debut nicely by four lengths from La Calinda over two miles six at Sedgefield in May. “Quite switched off, only does what he has to which I was told when I got him. All he’s doing at the moment is keep winning. He’ll get three miles and will jump a fence.”

Call Back
        Smart two-mile novice hurdler last season won second of five attempts and second in the remainder when winning modest event at Cartmel in June off 125. Now 127. “Might not find it easy off 127 but still going the right way and was with Andre Fabre on the Flat but didn’t run. Likes good ground.”

Cinders And Ashes
        Top-class, two-mile novice hurdler last season, winning the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham in good style from Darlan off 142. Now 151. “At the moment he’ll go for the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle which I did with Peddlers Cross and that will tell us if we are good enough to compete at Champion Hurdle level – and I’ll be disappointed if he’s not. Although he handles soft ground he is a pace horse and good ground suits him better. I thought he bolted up in the Supreme at Cheltenham and he’s just a very good horse.”

Clondaw Kaempfer
        Won valuable bumper at Punchestown, yet to race for present yard. “I’ll probably start him in a two and a half mile novice hurdle. He’s run in points and jumps very well – the point form stacks up well and I’m delighted to have him.”
        Constant Contact
        Improving handicap hurdler ended last season on 140 and off 136 on reappearance when staying on well to finish 14 lengths fifth of 22 to Dark Lover over two miles at Cheltenham on October 19. “Ran a very nice comeback at Cheltenham and although he was only a miler on the Flat he’s looking as though he stay ok jumping. I’ll aim him at a big handicap hurdle now.”

Diocles
        Novice hurdler that improved last season winning last two starts, most recent in late January when dropped back to two miles at Ayr. Debut mark of 126. “Lovely horse that I thought wasn’t as impressive last season as he should have been. Probably immature but he’s schooled very well over fences and I’m looking forward to him.”

Grouse Lodge

Improving novice hurdler and appreciated move up in trip for his last two starts at around two and a half miles. Won latest at Uttoxeter on October 18 by two and a half lengths from Black Is Beautiful. “Looked more professional winning last time, travelled better, jumped better. Although he’s not a super star he is going to be a decent staying novice chaser – quite possibly this season. Stays all day.”

Hollow Tree
        Smart juvenile last season winning three including defeat of subsequent Triumph winner Countrywide Flame on heavy in Grade 1 Finale Juvenile Hurdle at Chepstow in December. Creditable ten-length seventh to same horse at Cheltenham in March off 142, the mark he starts off this season. “I’m looking to give him one run over two miles then step him up in trip but it might be that he’s a horse that we need to travel this season, probably to Ireland. He copes with bad ground and opportunities here might be limited. I expect him to get two and a half and he will jump a fence in time. Tough and genuine.”

Ile De Re

Useful novice from two to two and a half miles and rated 124 but much improved on the Flat and won Northumberland Plate off 101 having previously lifted the Chester Cup. Will be very interesting if transferring that improvement over to hurdling. “He’s fit from the flat where he never stopped improving so he’s got a great mark for handicap hurdling, it’s a matter of seeing what we can get into.”

Ifyousayso
        Very handy bumper horse last season winning twice and finishing fifth of 19 beaten 17 lengths by The New One in Aintree bumper in April. “The Aintree bumper looks a good race and all he did was gallop and he’s ready to go now over hurdles. I think he’ll make a very decent saying novice this season.”

Kie
        Useful two-mile juvenile hurdler last season, winning twice in seven starts and better than final start when tailed off in Cheltenham Festival handicap hurdle won by Une Artiste off 133. Win was off 129. “He’ll be interesting in novice chases this season, only four and was under the weather when he ran in the Fred Winter. Two miles will be fine and he’ll get the age allowance.”

Kruzhlinin
        Won twice over hurdles for Nigel Twiston-Davies last season, latest off 115. Yet to race for present yard. “He’s been well schooled over fences, knows the job well and is ready to go late October/early November.”

Lexi's Boy
        Progressive through last season winning final three starts, last of them off 132 at Sandown and also won a Flat handicap. Off 137 when bought down at Galway in August and now 142. “Improved all season and won on the flat and should probably have won the Old Newton Cup as well. I’m in no panic where to start but I expect him to stay further and I’m sure there are good days for him off this mark.”

Mount Hope
        Fell in Irish point when looking promising and easy winner of Sedgefield bumper in late May. “Immature, given time but doing well now and ready now for novice hurdles but I’ll probably start him at two and a half because he is a slow thinker.”

Comment

Mulligan's Man
          Won bumper in July then next three novice hurdles, last two over progressively longer and most recent at Perth in September over two miles six. Debut mark of 135. “Because of his mark there aren’t many places I can go and he’s probably a good ground horse even though he’s won on slower. Tough, genuine and jumps a fence well but I’m not sure that he hasn’t got too high a mark for what he’s done.”

My Flora
          Smart hunter chase mare won twice last season and rated 120. Well held when fifth of 14 to Salsify in valuable hunter chase in June. Yet to race for present yard. “High-profile hunter chase mare and ok for all the mares novice hurdles.”

Our Mick
          Smart novice chaser last season landing a hat-trick around two and a half miles. God effort final start off 145 when five lengths third of 19 to Alfie Sherrin over extended three miles in handicap at Cheltenham in March. Now 146. “Very impressive last season once he got the hang of things and won at Kempton despite not liking going right handed. Unlucky at Cheltenham when he missed one going down the back and was a bit careful at the next two and was further back that we wanted when he hit the second last. He’s by far the best of his family and I think he’ll be quite smart this season. There’s a good starting point at Carlisle in early November over two and a half. Although he’s a three-miler I don’t really want to look at the Hennessy.”

Overturn

Admirable hurdler who finished third beaten three and three quarter lengths to Rock On Ruby in the Champion Hurdle and beat Binocular earlier in the season at Newcastle. Rated 166 but improved in two runs on the flat this summer moving from 106 to 112. “It’s been too soft to run him novice chases yet but he’s been entered, done plenty of schooling and done it really well. Always been exciting but if he takes to the job as I hope he will then he could be very exciting indeed.”

Peddlers Cross
          Formerly top-class hurdler – rated 170 after finishing second to Hurricane Fly in 2011 Champion Hurdle. Won first two novice chases last season but failed next two outings and now 155. “Grand and looks a million dollars – the same work horse as he was at the start of last season which is very good. The only thing we did different last season was go chasing and now we’re going back over hurdles. I schooled him over them the other day and it left me wondering why I every tried to make a chaser out of him because he is so quick across a hurdle. We’ll be aiming for the Ascot Hurdle first over two and a half miles with a view to stepping up in trip to being a World Hurdle horse. That’s not set in stone.”

Railway Dillon
          Gradually got to grips with fences last season winning twice over two and a half and ending with 39-length win in four-runner handicap over three miles at Perth in April off 129. Up to 137. “May go to the Aintree December meeting for one of the races over the big fences but he’ll have a run first but I don’t think he’s particularly well-handicapped because his form is on soft ground. He might need those conditions and he does stay forever.”

Real Milan

Won two novice hurdles over two and a half miles last season then well beaten fourth to Brindisi Breeze over three on heavy at Haydock in February. Debut mark of 133. “Never went a yard on heavy at Haydock but he’s schooled really well over fences and I expect him to be quite smart in that sphere.”

Super Duty
          Beaten only once in four completed attempts in two and a half mile novice hurdles last season and that was by Simonsig at Aintree in April off 138. Now 142. “He might run soon over two miles over fences but the new rules are forcing my hand regarding trip. He’d have got closer to Simonsig without the mistake at Aintree but he looks every inch a chaser.”

Sydney Paget
          Useful two and a half mile novice last season and rated 131 after two wins from four starts. Fell on chase debut over three miles at Kelso on October 12. “Unfortunate to fall last time and in hindsight it might have been better to let him stride on. Sore afterwards but ok now and remains a very nice horse for novice chases.”

Tornado Bob
          Without a win in eight starts in handicap hurdles around two and a half miles last season but stayed around low 140s. Starts this season off 139. “Lost his confidence after a heavy fall at Haydock and isn’t back yet because he’s been out hunting. He’ll be fine when he comes back because he still performed well in races after the fall. He’d need dropping in over three miles.”

Weird Al
          Smart three-mile chaser won who the Grade 2 Charlie Hall at Wetherby in October 2011. Only three subsequent runs. Behind when falling four out in Grand National. Rated 159 for that but retains previous mark of 164 for regulation fences. “Hopefully he’ll be ready to defend the Charlie Hall at Wetherby but he had a nasty injury after the Grand National. But that’s what he’ll be aimed at this year rather than the Cheltenham Gold Cup.”

Wymott
          Prolific staying chaser in 2010/11 winning three but never really recovered form after finishing seven-length sixth to Carruthers in Hennessy in November. Dropped from 144 to 137. “His work’s been good and I’ll run him at Newcastle on October 26 then he’ll go for the Becher Chase. I don’t think he got over the hard race in the Hennessy last season and I’m hoping he’s better now – time will tell.”

Comment

Overturn NR

Comment

Donald has five runners in the UK today but all eyes will be on Overturn at Wetherby as the high-class hurdler makes his eagerly awaited chasing debut...

12:35 Wetherby - Overturn

He's absolutely fine at home and his schooling has gone very well so, fingers crossed, this should be a straightforward opportunity for him. It's always a concern when they go over fences for the first time but granted a clear round, he ought to win. The fences here aren't what they once were and it's all about getting him up and running with bigger targets later in the year.

13:40 Wetherby - Brady

I took him out at Aintree last week when the ground turned and this should be more to his liking. He's ready for a run but the main thing with him is to get a clear round and get him enjoying jumping. It doesn't look a bad race and with the experience likely to bring him on, I couldn't be too confident.

14:15 Wetherby - She Ranks Me

To be honest, she shouldn't be good enough now she's upped to Listed company but she's fit and well and is an improving mare so it looks worth giving her a chance. If you can pick up some Black Type with these mares it's obviously a massive bonus and this wouldn't look the strongest renewal of the race.

15:50 Ayr - Ubaltique

I didn't think he ran too badly at Chepstow - he looked as though the run would bring him on having got a bit tired late on and the handicapper did drop him a few pounds for that. There are a couple of improvers in against him but this is still probably a bit easier than Chepstow and I would think he had to have a squeak.

14:35 Ascot - Ile De Re

He has obviously had a great run on the Flat this summer and picked up a couple of good handicaps. He wasn't quite up to the Group 3 at Ascot last time but he's come out of that just fine and it's time to kick on with him over hurdles now. He has snuck in the bottom of the weights and with Henry taking off 3lb, he has a lovely racing weight. Everything is in place for a big run and it looks the ideal race for him. I was a bit concerned he wouldn't get in what was the Greatwood off a mark of 123 but this is a suitable starting point and hopefully he can maintain his improvement back over hurdles.

Comment

Got one from Mick Fitz Racing Club

Cloud Creeper is a five year old gelding, purchased for the syndicate privately by Mick in June 2012 for £60,000. He arrived at Donald McCain’s yard in August.

Cloud Creeper is by Cloudings out of a Presenting mare named First of April. Cloudings only ran five times. He won three of his races, including the Group 1 Prix Lupin over 11 furlongs at Longchamp but failed to get the trip in the 1997 Derby and retired to stud thereafter. At stud he has been more successful with jumpers than flat horses, most notably with Cloudy Lane, who has won eleven races under National Hunt rules, including the Peter Marsh Chase at Haydock. In April 2012 Cloudy Lane won the Foxhunters’ at the Grand National Meeting at Aintree. Cloudy Lane is also trained by Donald McCain.

Cloud Creeper’s damsire, Presenting has been phenomenally successful as a sire of jumpers, including Denman, War of Attrition and Ballabriggs.

Comment

Bit more about Counsel

3-y-o; bay gelding
                  Breeding: Dansili (UK) - Kitty O'shea (UK)
                  Trained by D McCain Jnr
                  Form: 4

Purchased at this summer’s Newmarket July Sales on behalf of Tim Leslie, the lucky owner of Overturn and Peddlers Cross, Counsel came from the impeccable equine academy of Sir Michael Stoute and can therefore be expected still to have room for progress at the age of three. Now being primed for his first jumps outing by Donald McCain, the son of Dansili, a winner at Kempton in June, has already shown an aptitude for hurdling. “We were told he was a little immature when he came to us,” McCain said, “but he’s almost ready run for a run over jumps and we’ve been pleased with his schooling.”

Comment

Donald McCain is keen to keep things low-key for the time being with Kie following his most impressive chasing debut at Musselburgh.

The four-year-old struck twice and also ran some decent races in defeat during his juvenile year over hurdles and his trainer has decided to send him straight over the larger obstacles this term, where he gets a handy age allowance.

Supporters of the 6-5 favourite had an early scare in the Musselburgh Interactive Beginners' Chase as Kie brushed through the first fence, but he was clear with a circuit to go and produced some fine leaps, winging the final fence on his way to an 11-length win under Jason Maguire.

"That was grand. He made that mistake at the first but he probably needed that as he's been a bit bold and it doesn't do them any harm if they stand up," said McCain.

"He's only four, but he's from a good jumping family and his way of racing suits running in two-mile chases. He could be a nice prospect, but we'll just take things steady for the time being."

McCain and Maguire went on to complete doubles in the following R&M Mike Finnie 25th Anniversary Novices' Hurdle as 9-2 shot Smadynium beat the consistent Maybe I Wont by a length and three-quarters.

The trainer went on: "He did it well and we've been looking for a bit of better ground with him. He's a genuine horse and he'll get a bit further, and there will be more races to be won with him."

Comment

DONALD McCain is one trainer who knows what it takes to win a National and he's looking at the Welsh version for Across The Bay after the former Noel Meade inmate landed the Graduation Chase at Carlisle.

A smart dual-purpose performer when trained by Meade, the eight-year-old had been run exclusively over hurdles since joining McCain for the start of last season.

Switched back to the bigger obstacles, Across The Bay (10/11 favourite) jumped with great accuracy throughout, making virtually every yard under Jason Maguire to beat Aintree Grand National fourth Cappa Bleu by 28 lengths.

"We went back over fences not knowing how he'd take to it, having had a bit of a fright in the Irish National," said McCain.

"He's definitely going the right way. He jumps, gallops, stays and he's got a grand way about him.

"The Welsh National has to be on our minds as he goes on the ground and stays all day."

Comment

Weird al fresh and primed for betfair chase. can't see 8 lining up so each way ante post the way to go ?

Comment

Cinders set for Festival test

Donald McCain believes the performance of Cinders And Ashes in the Stanjames.com Fighting Fifth Hurdle at Newcastle on Saturday week will determine his credentials for Cheltenham in March.

Champion Hurdle Antepost: Cinders And Ashes

Cinders And Ashes: Putting his Champion credentials on the line
                          The five-year-old, who is currently 9-4 favourite with the race sponsors, concluded last season with a tenacious victory over another Newcastle contender, Darlan, in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle.

"He's doing grand at the minute and looks well going into the Fighting Fifth," said McCain.

"I think he is a very good horse and I just hope he can get up to win, but it'll be tough.

"I have entered him because he won the Supreme Novices' Hurdle at the Festival, so he has every right to be there.

"However, looking further ahead, whether he can win a Champion Hurdle or not, I just don't know yet. We'll see at Newcastle."

The Cheshire-based trainer is bidding for a third Fighting Fifth success in three years, after winning the last two renewals with the Tim Leslie-owned pair, Peddlers Cross and Overturn.

McCain said: "Overturn is in good order at the minute and came back (from his chasing debut) looking well.

"I was very pleased with his performance at Sandown.

"Eventually, we will be looking for the best two-mile novice chase races for him, but he needs to get some more experience first.

"Peddlers Cross is also grand at the minute and in class work now. He isn't ready to run yet, but he is coming along nicely.

"There is no reason why he shouldn't regain his past form because he is a very good horse.

"We aren't sure whether he will be best suited to two miles or three this year. We'll have to wait and see how he performs throughout the season."

Comment

14.45 Newbury - Clondaw Kaempfer

He steps up in class now and there was plenty of deliberating about whether to come here or not. Although I am sure he will be a better horse on better ground, he has shown he handles it testing and he deserves to take his chance. The options for a horse like him are a bit limited - he would have had a 10lb penalty if he had gone to Cheltenham on New Year's Day - so we decided to give him a crack in a Grade 1. Look, he's done everything right so far, Jason is happy that he will be fine on the ground and he must have a solid chance.

15.15 Newbury - Any Given Day

He's had a few problems since we last saw him a year ago and although he has won fresh in the past, I am inclined to think he is going to be a bit sharper for this reappearance. It's been a long road back with him and although the conditions should suit, it's going to be tough conceding weight all round in this field.

12.05 Doncaster - Supreme Asset

It looks a competitive race but the conditions should suit him so he'd have to have a chance. I must admit he surprised me at Uttoxeter last time as he was very green at home and I thought he might get found out for pace over 2m. He should appreciate the longer trip this time and although he needs to improve to follow up, it isn't impossible that he will.

14.25 Doncaster - Tornado Bob

He was never really right last season after he fell at Haydock on his reappearance - it was an horrific fall and it just seemed to scare him. He's been out hunting since he last ran and it has been a case of trying to get him to enjoy his job again. His homework has been very good and by running him over 3m, they will hopefully go that bit steadier and he can get into a rhythm in the early stages.

15.25 Doncaster - Blackwater King

He's a horse I have always thought a fair bit of and although it wasn't a great race at Kelso last time, he did win very easily. A mark of 114 looks very fair to me and although you never know what might be lurking further down the weights, I would be disappointed if he couldn't go very close.

12.20 Kelso - Rifle Shot

I was surprised how one-paced he looked at Hereford earlier in the month because he has actually shown a bit of speed at home. He's up in trip which might help and it's probably not the greatest race - hopefully he will show a bit more than he did last time.

12.50 Kelso - Red Rocco

He kept on well when he won at Newcastle last time and his jumping has been good in his two runs over fences so far. The drop in trip isn't absolutely ideal but he is happy bowling along in front and his stamina is assured. He'd be getting weight from Yurok if this were a handicap but he's in good order and he's got an obvious chance.

Comment

Trainer Donald McCain said: "Super Duty is in grand form at the moment and I am very happy with him.

"I always thought he would make a better chaser and the totepool Towton Novices' Chase looks the obvious race to go for before we decide what we are doing at Cheltenham.

"He is a better horse on better ground but he has been winning on soft ground so it shouldn't stop him unduly."

Comment

Working...
                              X