Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Keighley Stable Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Keighley Stable Tour

Pulled these from Keighley website but doesnt look that up to date to me ....maybe pre Cheltenham 2012 ? His blog might be a better source for info

Always Bold (IRE)
    'Chips' joined us in May 2011 and had a summer break and also went cubbing too. He has been a bit of a star already as he won twice over hurdles at Fontwell in good style. We've run him over fences as he jumps well at home and he is slowly getting more confident. Only time will tell though whether he can be as good over fences.
    Any Currency (IRE)
    A lovely horse who has been a real star. He was unlucky to finish 2nd four times in his hurdling season having bumped into one too good on the day every time. Switched to fences he won a good race at Sandown Park to break his maiden tag. We then ran him at Ascot and he was given the 'Attheraces Ride of the Week' by Warren Marston who never gave up on him and got him up to win by 3/4 of a length on the line. He then ran at The 2010 Cheltenham Festival under Irish Amateur Derek O'Connor and he ran a blinder to finish 4th in the Four Mile National Hunt Chase, only beaten 5 lengths and could have done with slightly softer ground. Last season he was 2nd to Midnight Chase at the Paddy Power Cheltenham meeting but then missed the rest of the season due to a minor leg injury. His aim this season is the Grand National but he needs to go up in the handicap to be guaranteed a run.
    Benbane Head (USA)
    A smashing gelding who Gerry Hogan bought privately in Ireland after he won his only Point-to-Point and he is the first racehorse that Louise has owned. After winning his bumper he was 10th in the Champion Bumper at The Cheltenham Festival. In October 2009 he became our first ever Cheltenham winner when he won over hurdles on only his second start over those obstacles. Sadly though he sustained an injury in doing so and missed the rest of that season.Last season he had more than his fair share of problems but that was all forgotten in May when he won his debut over fences under an A P McCoy masterclass at Newton Abbot - a fantastic day. He followed up by winning at Uttoxeter under Ian Popham and has since been 3rd at Cheltenham over fences with A P McCoy back on board. He's had a short break since but he is a serious horse and I'm excited about his future.
    Brimham Boy
    A lovely looking horse who, after running consistently without winning, won in great style at Hereford last season with Warren on board. Although he seemed to be crucified by the Handicapper who raised him a massive 12lbs for that success he won again in awesome style at Huntingdon. He's had a summer break and will hopefully pay his way again this season.
    Champion Court (IRE)
    Champ has been a star for us and he won his first start over hurdles for us in a Grade 2 Hurdle at Cheltenham in November 2010. He went on to finish 4th in the Albert Bartlett at the 2011 Cheltenham Festival which was a great run. Novice chasing this season and he pulled too hard & unseated A P McCoy at Perth on his debut. Since then he has behaved himself winning at Aintree then finishing 2nd and 3rd at Cheltenham. Back to Cheltenham on New Years Day and he lead almost from pillar to post in the Grade 2 Dipper Novices' Chase under Alain Cawley and jumped for fun, winning in good style. He is very exciting.

Court In Session (IRE)
    Judge has so far had an exciting season winning over hurdles at Cheltenham in October and following up over hurdles at Ascot. We then switched him to fences but without success so he has had a nice break and will possibly be aimed at the Coral Cup at The Festival which is back over hurdles and keep him a novice to go chasing with next season. He jumps for fun and is a straight forward horse to train and should give us a lot more great days out.
    Flementine (IRE)
    Flementime joined us in the autumn of 2011 and is a big chestnut mare built to be a chaser.She has always done everything nicely at home and has a lovely attitude so it was no surprise to us when she won her bumper at Plumpton first time out in good style. She has come out of that race well and will be aimed at the Mares' Listed Bumper at Aintree in April.
    Havingotascoobydo (IRE)
    Scooby won a point to point and then he won a bumper for us at Newton Abbot in August 2010. He then went on and won twice over hurdles and gave his owners a lot of fun. He's a very athletic type and jumps fences well at home so I cannot wait to go novice chasing with him.
    Mauricetheathlete (IRE)
    Maurice gave his owner's grandson, Nick Slatter, a lot of fun last season and was placed regularly.He needs a trip and has a relentless gallop which was well suited to a race at Sedgefield over 3 miles 3 furlongs in March. Nick was unavailable due to a full book of rides point-to-pointing so Jason Maguire proved an able deputy and took the race by the scruff of it's neck and gained a pillar to post success.
    Geoff was delighted that day but even more at Chepstow in December when Nick was in the saddle and gave Maurice a fantastic ride to win over hurdles. Let's hope that is the first of many.
    Midnight Myth
    Myth was bred by her owners who live locally in Blockley and she joined us in March.She is a lovely looking mare and has a great attitude - she's tough and genuine. She'd only been broken in when she arrived and had been hacked about. She's blossomed since and jumps well too. She has finished 4th and 5th in bumpers and will only improve with a hurdle put in front of her. She is having a short break with her owners and will come back to go hurdling in August and will hopefully give her owners a lot of fun.
    Monty's Revenge
    'Dickie' is a half brother to Any Currency and has been a very slow developing horse. He was well beaten in his bumper in December 2008 and put away for the rest of the season to strengthen up. Over hurdles last season he showed he was still quite weak and was jumping well on his debut over fences this summer when he unfortunately sustained a heavy fall. We gave him a confidence boosting run over hurdles at Worcester after this and he shocked us all by winning at 33-1 and we hope he will now go on and improve again from that. It was great that his owner's patience paid off.
    One More Cookie (IRE)
    Cookie ran in a couple of bumpers for us without winning but then on her debut over hurdles at Plumpton she jumped for fun and, with a little bit of luck, won nicely. She will stay over hurdles this season and early next season and is a nice prospect for staying chases in the future.
    Sky Calling
    There are still a couple of shares available in this tough and genuine mare. She is well bred and very well put together and has given her Syndicate a lot of fun already. She won over hurdles at Southwell in August 2008 and won again at Market Rasen over hurdles in May 2009 but sadly sustained a leg injury which forced her to miss the rest of the season. Sky put 18 months of problems behind her when she won impressively on her debut over fences at Worcester in early May and then just 9 days later won over hurdles at Southwell. A versatile mare, she tries her heart out and will give her owners lots of fun over hurdles and fences.
    Spring Moon
    As the name may suggest he is Wolf Moon's half brother and was bought at the Sales in Ireland and arrived mid June 2009 unbroken. The family are late maturers and he was very green in his first bumper and leapt and bucked for the first 2 furlongs but still managed to finish 4th. He then finished 5th at Southwell in early February but showed us that he is still weak. He has had niggly problems and deserves to have a problem free run.
    The Wicked Kipper
    Kipper joined us in the summer of 2011. She is the full sister to Cue Card and has changed and learned a lot since she arrived. She does everything nicely at home and we were delighted with her debut in a bumper on the all-weather during the cold snap at Kempton Park. It was a shame that we couldn't run her on turf but she was ready for a run. A competitive race and the penny dropped a little too late for her to make it a successful debut but it was a great run none the less. An exciting prospect.
    Typhon De Guye (FR)
    A lovely gelding who came to me from Richard Hobson who sources a lot of his horses in France. He goes nicely at home and will be due to run in a bumper in October/ early November. I am pleased with his attitude and I hope he will be the type of horse that will give his enthusiastic owners a lot of fun.
    Ukrainian Star (IRE)
    Boris has been an absolute star for us. He joined us in summer 2010 and won over fences at Warwick in November. He then won again for us over hurdles this time at Hereford in January. This season he has already won over hurdles at Hereford, leading from pillar to post, and followed up by winning over fences at Towcester on Boxing Day and again at Towcester in January - 3 on the bounce. He is an out and out stayer and loves soft ground and just gallops his rivals into the ground. He's very popular in the yard and there are surely more races to be won with him.

Martin Keighley

We kept our good ground horses in training ready for the quicker ground that the summer usually brings.

It was therefore very frustrating to continually watch the ground become rain-softened and unsuitable. It’s also doubly disappointing for the owners who are desperate to see their horses running.

However, we’ve still managed to get ten winners on the board and this total was helped last Saturday when we had a double at Fontwell with Always Bold and Creepy.

The latter is a nice young horse that we purchased during the Punchestown Festival in April and had already finished second in a point-to-point.

He will be a chaser in time but there should be a lot of fun to have with him before then too, with a bit of luck.

Undoubtedly our best day of the summer was at Southwell on July 15 when Ian Popham made his comeback ride following ten months off injured, a winning one on Sky Calling.

If that wasn’t emotional enough – his parents and girlfriend were there – it was a special win for me too as it was my 100th winner under Rules and, after giving up on the idea of trying to be present for our 100th winner following a few near misses, luckily my wife Belinda was enjoying a day’s racing while my parents were looking after my sons Freddie and Harry.

It will be particularly satisfying getting Havingotascoobydo back on the racecourse.

He sustained a severe back injury in January in a schooling incident which put paid to his Festival appearance and it also ruled him out for the rest of the season.

At one point we were concerned we may not get him back to the track at all.

The team have worked very hard on him during the summer and it is unbelievable now to see just how far we have come with him and it is down to the great support we have from our vet Jeremy Swan and physio Maggie Turner who have been involved in every step.

I am often being asked about our stable star Champion Court, who was second at the Festival in March.

He’s had a longer break than most and seems to have strengthened up over the summer.

He will make his seasonal reappearance on November 5 in a graduation chase at Kempton Park and then hopefully go on to run in the King George back there on Boxing Day.

We will then have a better idea of his ideal trip and which race we should be aiming him for at the Festival.

Any Currency, who missed out on a run in the Grand National in the spring by just one place, has had a wind operation during the summer and seems in great form.

I think there’s a big chase to be won with him, although he’s not the easiest of rides and makes sure his jockey earns his fee!

I have a nice bunch of youngsters too, some unnamed so I will mention those when they are nearer a run.

One new inmate that I am absolutely delighted to have is Faultless Feelings, who is owned by Liz Prowting.

I have known Liz since my early days with David Nicholson and it was on her horse Air Shot, trained by David Nicholson, that I rode my first winner, at Chepstow on March 19 1994.

He seems to have settled in well and I look forward to having some fun with him.

Comment

ATR 7 Jan

ere he discusses the pick of the team he handles near Stow-on-the-Wold.

ALWAYS BOLD
      8 ch g King's Best - Tarakana.
      Handicap hurdler, six from 29 and the latest of them coming on penultimate outing beating Heezagrey five lengths over three miles three at Fontwell in October off 99. Has won off 102 and off 104 latest when length and three quarters second to Award Winner over two five on heavy at Uttoxeter December 31.
      "He's an out and out stayer and I thought he'd get away with it over a shorter trip at Uttoxeter last time on heavy but he didn't. Takes a while to get into gear and it came too late. Goes to Chepstow for a three mile handicap hurdle on January 8 which will suit him."

ANNACOTTY
      5 b g Beneficial - Mini Moo Min
      Placed in two Irish points before winning final start. Yet to race for present yard.
      "Bought him at the last Cheltenham sale - loved the way he operated. Just done his first bit of fast work and I was very pleased. I think he's a nice horse, strong and could go over hurdles now but I'll probably give him one run in a bumper in early February."

ANY CURRENCY
      10 b g Moscow Society - Native Bavard.
      Useful staying chaser, produced excellent effort in defeat penultimate start when 14 lengths fourth of 16 to Monbeg Dude over three miles four at Cheltenham in November off 135. Off 1lb lower next start when travelling ok when unseating rider at fifteenth at Aintree early December.
      "Gutted at Aintree because until he got rid of Aiden Coleman he'd been jumping really well and was enjoying it. He was doing it all himself and because he was going left, Aiden grabbed hold of him and he made the mistake. He had a wind op in the summer and it's definitely helped him. He's in a three mile six handicap chase at Catterick on January 10 which should really suit him even though the track might be a bit on the sharp side - trip is ideal. I hope he gets in the Grand National this time."

BENBANE HEAD
      9 ch g Giant's Causeway - Prospectress.
      Useful handicap hurdler and winning chaser. Last won over hurdles came off 119 at Towcester in November, well beaten off 123 latest start in extended three mile hurdle won but fair Along at Newbury late November. Rated 125 over fences and has been 138.
      "Not the easiest to train and lost his way over fences but is a different horse now that he's got his head back in front. Hasn't liked the soft ground last two runs and he gurgled all the way up the straight at Newbury last time so he's had a soft palate operation since. Just come back in work so we'll wait for a bit better ground."

CHAMPION COURT
      8 b g Court Cave - Mooneys Hill.
      Smart novice chaser last season winning twice over two and a half miles and performing with credit in defeat earning mark of 155. Good efforts both runs this season, six lengths second to progressive William's Wishes over two at Ascot in November then leading four out until tiring and finishing 17 lengths fourth to Long Run in King George at Kempton on Boxing Day.
      "We had to give William's Wishes 21lb so that form looks alright now and the King George run was amazing - had them all beat turning in but didn't stay on heavy ground. Came back from that well and he's now going for the Ryanair over two five. Good ground helps and he could go for a graduation chase at Haydock on January 19. I'd like him to go to Cheltenham on a win."

COURT IN SESSION
      8 b g Court Cave - Dangerous Dolly.
      Won two from four over hurdles over two miles and one from six over fences in novices chases, latest respectable eight lengths third of seven to Act Of Kalanisi off 124 at Leicester in November. Now 125 and has been 134 over hurdles.
      "I was initially disappointed at Leicester but looking back the form's worked out ok. He does want decent ground and if it's ok he might go to Catterick on January 10 over three mile One. McCoy said we should try that after going two last time. Might take our time."

CREEPY
      5 b g Westerner - Prowler.
      Bumper winner at Fontwell in October then encouraging nine lengths fourth of 17 to Southfield Theatre in better event at Cheltenham later that month. Good effort on hurdle debut over two miles five same course in November when 13 lengths fourth to smart Coneygree.
      "He could be very smart. Ran with the choke out in the Cheltenham bumper and would have been closer. It was a grade two on his hurdle debut and the only hurdle he jumped was the last. But for that he might have been second and has just come back from a nice break which has done him good. I won't lose his maiden cheaply this season so it will be a decent novice next time and if he were to win it then we could think about the Albert Bartlett at Cheltenham - but I'd be happy to wait another year. Loves soft ground."

FAULTLESS FEELINGS

Maiden in six hurdles starts but has ability and penultimate outing ok when three and a half lengths second of 12 to African Gold in two mile five handicap at Newbury late November. Upped 5lb to 117 and beaten 19 lengths into third of 12 to Loose Chips same trip at Kempton December 26.
      "Didn't seem too happy on the very soft ground at Kempton last time, didn't travel. He did get badly struck into so it was still a good run and I do think quite a lot of him. He's being ridden again now and I'll look for something at the end of January over two and a half or thereabouts. Nice chaser for next season."

HAVINGOTASCOOBY
      8 b g Witness Box - In Blue.
      Winning hurdler/chaser with identical stats of two from seven. Reached 132 over hurdles latest start in January 2012 when second in two mile handicap at Sandown. Off 137 only start this season at Cheltenham in October when well beaten tenth of 20 to Nadiya De La Vega in two mile five chase. Now 135.
      "Has suffered little problems with his back and has also been treated for stomach ulcers but seems to be coming back to himself. Might run on the weekend of January 12 at Kempton, Warwick or Wetherby. Handles soft but is probably better on good ground."

JOHNNY OG
      4 b g Flemensfirth - Mrs Roberts.
      Unraced.
      "Due to run anytime now and looks a nice horse. Entered for bumpers and looks capable."

KYLES FAITH
      5 b g Court Cave - Littleton Liberty.
      Two Irish bumper starts, finished fourth in the second of them.
      "Really nice young horse that's just done his first proper bit of work and pleased me. Hopefully he'll win a bumper - and he is for sale."

MAURICETHEATHLETE
      10 b g Sayarshan - Ardagh Princess.
      Staying handicap hurdler, last of three wins in 29 starts came off 110 at Chepstow in March. Has been to 115 and seldom runs moderately and off 110 latest run when seven lengths fifth of 14 to Amigo over three at Chepstow January 5.
      "Always run his heart out, wasn't disgraced last time and likes Chepstow so he's making a quick return on January 8. It might just be that the handicapper's got him for the moment but I'd like to find something further than three miles."

MONTY'S REVENGE
      8 b g Bob's Return - Native Bavard.
      Winning hurdler and staying handicap chaser won second of eight starts on penultimate outing when beating Kilcascan two and a quarter lengths in three-runner handicap at Towcester December 26 off 95. Well beaten off same mark in handicap hurdle over three at Uttoxeter five days later. Now career-high 100.
      "He's a better chaser so he'll be ok of this mark, it's a low enough grade."

ONE MORE COOKIE
      7 b m Old Vic - Lady Bellingham.
      Has won one from six over hurdles and dropped from 113 to 111 and now 110. Fair fencing debut when 19 lengths third of five to Sunny Ledgend over three at Lingfield January 4.
      "I was pleased with the first run over fences even though she scared herself at the ditch but she soon got back in a rhythm. Back against her own sex she'll be fine. She stays very well and the softer the ground the better."

POLLYSTONE
      7 b m High-Rise - Miss Pollerton.
      Ability last two of four bumper starts, second in both, latest when two lengths second of ten to Alphabetical Order on all weather at Lingfield mid-December.
      "She'll be better over hurdles because she jumps great, very pleased with her. Plan to start her at the end of January. Might go two and a half but she doesn't lack pace."

SEYMOUR ERIC
      8 b g Bollin Eric - Seymour Chance.
      Progressive novice handicap hurdler on heavy ground. Won off 85 over three and a quarter at Hereford December 16 and won off 92 next run over two five at Towcester on December 26 beating Market Option 24 lengths. Now 110.
      "Just loves the soft ground and stays very well. Won nicely at Hereford and a bit too easily at Towcester but he's improved with every run so under the right conditions he should still be ok of this mark - even though he's gone up 25lb for two wins. He'll jump a fence."

SKY CALLING
      10 b m Bal Harbour - Curlew Calling.
      Winning hurdler over two miles and once rated 109. Failed to complete both chase starts this season, would have won at Stratford when falling at the last in September. Unseated at the seventh on most recent race won by Drumshambo at Ludlow December 19 off 107.
      "Very unlucky over fences and was probably going too well when she fell at Stratford - only clipped the top. Won a charity race at Cheltenham then just guessed when she unseated at Ludlow. Doesn't really handle soft ground but will be competitive when the ground turns in her favour. One to remember in the spring."

Comment

THE WICKED KIPPER
        5 b m King's Theatre - Wicked Crack.
        Ability in bumpers but well beaten on hurdle debut over two miles five in race won by Mickie at Ludlow December 19.
        "She'll be ok but has been on a break because she needs decent ground. Will win races when the conditions are right."

TYPHON DE GUYE
        6 ch g Dom Alco - Mascotte De Guye.
        Handicap hurdler, won handicap debut by two and three quarter lengths from Orion Express in extended three mile event at Taunton mid-November off 89. Went to 99 and well beaten third of eight to Call Me Sir over two six at Wincanton early December. Stays on same mark.
        "Had problems which is why he hasn't run recently but he'll be back middle to the end of February and he's another that's going to appreciate better ground. Stays well and will win off this mark in the spring."

UKRANIAN STAR
        10 ch g Carrowkeel - Gemmasdelemma.
        Winning hurdler but more prolific over fences - five from 18. Latest came off 99 beating Doubletoilntrouble over three and a quarter at Hereford mid-December and upped to 108. Well beaten four days later over hurdles over three at Towcester off 94.
        "Better over fences but needs everything in his favour to win off this mark. Soft ground and a trip over a stiff track. Might have another look over hurdles because of his mark."

Comment

Following his fantastic run in the King George VI Chase at Kempton, Champion Court is set to have his sights lowered for Saturday's Get 5 Free Spins At stanjamescasino.com Graduation Chase at Haydock.

Martin Keighley's stable star produced arguably a career-best performance in the Boxing Day feature, giving Alain Cawley a great spin towards the head of affairs before weakening in the straight to finish a highly creditable fourth.

Keighley said: "He seems in good form and as long as he works well on Tuesday the plan is to let him take his chance on Saturday."

He added: "It's a perfect race to run him in and hopefully a good opportunity for him to get a win on the board and get a confidence-booster before Cheltenham.

"Hopefully he'll run on Saturday and that gives him a nice break before the Festival."

Champion Court is engaged in both the Ryanair Chase and the Cheltenham Gold Cup at the Festival in March, but Keighley confirmed the shorter race was his most likely target.

"The first preference is the Ryanair, but it's nice to have the Gold Cup there as a second option," said the trainer.

"I'm sure he will get three miles on good ground, he just didn't quite get home on heavy ground in the King George."

Comment

Champion Court

"In the King George he didn't stay the three miles in heavy ground and I don't see the point in running again over that trip on that ground," Keighley told At The Races.

"Ideally good to soft ground suits him. He's got some cracking form on that ground. That was the first time he'd experienced heavy ground this season - his first run at Ascot and then the King George. He can cope with that but he's better on better ground.

"For the Festival, the Ryanair would be first preference this year and hopefully he could be a Gold Cup horse next season.

"He has got an entry in the Gold Cup but I think Ryanair this time and see what happens next season.

"If it was good ground you just don't know what's going to run. The Ryanair could be hotter than the Gold Cup so we're given him a couple of options.

"A graduation chase at Kempton next month is ideal. It's two-mile-four. It would be an easier option for him and it would be great for him to get his head in front before he goes to Cheltenham and he would go there full of confidence."

Comment

12th November 2013 -Martin Keighley hosted a stable visit for the media before The Open, run over three days this weekend at Cheltenham, at his 35-horse yard at Luckley near Condicote, Gloucestershire, this morning (Tuesday, November 12).

It was an almost perfect autumn morning, with the sun shining, as stable star Champion Court did his final piece of work before taking part in the feature £160,000 Paddy Power Gold Cup on Saturday, November 16.

Champion Court has been strongly backed today with the sponsor Paddy Power; into 15/2 from 10/1.

Keighley commented: "Champion Court is a different horse compared to the end of last season and he loves it around Cheltenham.
              "You need a horse that jumps and travels well and he does that. You look at his record there, even going back to novice hurdles, and it is very good.

"He has only finished out of the frame once there and that was when he struck into himself and picked up an injury.

"We have been targeting the Paddy Power Gold Cup because we still believe he is on a fair mark. You look at his run in the King George, he had Grade One horses beat off level weights turning in, but he didn't get home in the ground.

"He went up two pounds for beating Menorah in April, but I still don't think he was back to his best then, so we think he will be competitive.

"It is great to have runner in the Paddy Power Gold Cup with a good chance. This is what it is all about and these are the races you want to be competing in. The ground, trip and track will all be in Champion Court's favour, and I think he goes there with an outstanding chance."

Martin Keighley was born on June 12, 1974 and trains near Condicote, Gloucestershire. He conditions his horses using the same gallops that the late David Nicholson had at the start of his training career. He worked for Nicholson straight from school and became a work and schooling rider as well as a Jump jockey.

His first winner under Rules as a permit holder was on February 13, 2003 when Bosuns Mate won a Sandown hunter chase under the guidance of Keighley's wife Belinda. The pair had met as teenagers when working for Nicholson. Their paths crossed again at Cheltenham Racecourse years later where Martin worked as part of the groundstaff team and Belinda was PA to the commercial manager Peter McNeile.

Keighley took out a full licence in the 2006/07 season and had his first winner as a fully-fledged trainer when Prince Dundee landed a selling handicap hurdle on January 8, 2007 at Taunton. He enjoyed his best-ever season, both in terms of prize money and number of winners trained, in 2011/12 when he sent out 34 winners and collected total prize money of £271,330. There were 30 successes last season.

His best horse so far has been Champion Court, winner of the Grade Two Dipper Novices' Chase at Cheltenham in January, 2012 and Grade Two Silver Trophy at the same course in April, 2013. Champion Court finished second in both the Jewson Novices' Chase at the Cheltenham Festival and the Mildmay Novices' Chase at Aintree the following month.

Martin and Belinda have two children, five-year-old Freddie and three-year-old Harry.

Any Currency (IRE)

10 b g Moscow Society (IRE) - Native Bavard (IRE) (Be My Native (USA))

Form: 6222248/3211354/32/3P4783/614U490-P5

Owner: Cash is King

Breeder: Gerald Mitchell

Martin Keighley said: "Any Currency will probably go for the cross-country race (on the first day - Friday, November 15).

"He took to the course really well when he ran at The Festival and schooled well again there last week. We took him there just to get his eye in and he should run a good race."

*Talented staying-chaser with entries at The Open in the Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase on Friday and the Grade Three Murphy Group Handicap Chase on Saturday, in which he was fourth last year and second in 2010.

*Fifth on his latest start in a Wincanton handicap chase over just shy of three and a half miles on October 27 - a race he won 12 months earlier.

*Last of 17 finishers in the John Smith's Grand National at Aintree in April, having previously come home ninth on his first outing over Cheltenham's cross country course in the Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Chase at The Festival in March.

*Winner of handicap chases at Sandown Park, Wincanton and Ascot. Third to Tidal Bay in the Grade Three bet365 Gold Cup Chase at Sandown Park in April, 2012, and fourth in the National Hunt Chase at The Festival in 2010.

Race Record: Starts: 31; Wins: 3; 2nd: 6; 3rd: 5; Win & Place prize money: £79,816

Champion Court (IRE)

8 b g Court Cave (IRE) - Mooneys Hill (IRE) (Supreme Leader)

Form: 12194/U123122/24251-

Owner: M Boothright

Breeder: Larry O'Connor

See above for the comments of trainer Martin Keighley and stable jockey Ian Popham.

*Set to run in the Grade Three Paddy Power Gold Cup on Saturday, November 16, following a racecourse gallop at Wincanton on October 27.

*Three-time winner at Cheltenham (from nine starts at the course), all in Grade Two company. Successful on his latest start in the Macmillan Cancer Support Silver Trophy Limited Handicap Chase over two miles and five furlongs at The April Meeting on April 17, beating Menorah by three-quarters of a length.

*Also victorious in the Cheltenham Pony Club Raceday Novices' Chase on New Year's Day, 2012, and the Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle at The Open in 2010.*Ran well in some of the season's top chases last season, coming home fifth in the Grade One Ryanair Chase at The Festival and fourth after racing prominently in the Grade One King George VI Chase at Kempton Park.

*Enjoyed a productive novice chase campaign in 2011/2012, finishing second in both the Grade Two Mildmay Novices' Chase at Aintree's Grand National meeting and the Grade Two Jewson Novices' Chase at The Festival.

*Fourth behind future Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup hero Bobsworth in the Grade One Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle at The Festival in 2011.

Race Record: Starts: 17; Wins: 5; 2nd: 6; 3rd: 1; Win & Place prize money: £144,661

Court In Session (IRE)

8 b g Court Cave (IRE) - Dangerous Dolly (IRE) (Jurado (USA))

Form: 2P114780/1243P7-86P403

Owner: The Figjam Partnership

Breeder: Niall Kelly

Entered in the Mallard Pawnbrokers And Family Jewellers Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle over two miles and five furlongs on Sunday.

*Six starts so far this season, most recently when finishing third in a two-mile handicap hurdle at Warwick on November 6.

*Not disgraced in the Grade Three Vincent O'Brien County Hurdle at The Festival in 2012, beaten 25 lengths in total.

*Fourth to Al Ferof in the Grade Two Racing Post Arkle Trophy Trial Novices' Chase at The Open in November, 2011, having captured a maiden hurdle at The Showcase a month earlier.

Race Record: Starts: 20; Wins: 3; 2nd: 2; 3rd: 2; Win & Place prize money: £19,474

Creepy (IRE)

5 b g Westerner - Prowler (IRE) (Old Vic)

Form: 144F22-12

Owner: M Boothright, T Hanlon, S Harman

Trainer: Gareth Metcalfe

Martin Keighley said: "Creepy will go to Cheltenham for the two mile, five furlong Grade Two novices' hurdle (Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle - Saturday, November 16).

"He was second at Cheltenham last time behind a good one of David Pipe's, but ran with the choke out and you cannot afford to do that over three miles.

"The drop back in trip should help him settle and he is another who runs well around Cheltenham."

*Holds entries in the David Johnson Memorial Intermediate Handicap Hurdle on Friday and the Grade Two Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle on Saturday, in which he was fourth last year.

*Runner-up, beaten 18 lengths by Kings Palace, in the Jools Holland Here On 9th November Novices' Hurdle at The Showcase on October 19.

*Comfortably won a two and a half-mile maiden hurdle at Chepstow on October 1.

*Showed a decent level of form over hurdles previously without winning, finishing second in a handicap hurdle at Cheltenham's April meeting and going down by a neck in a Ffos Las maiden hurdle in March.

* Won a Fontwell bumper in October, 2012.

Race Record: Starts: 8; Wins: 2; 2nd: 3; 3rd: -; Win & Place prize money: £11,487

Flementime (IRE)

5 ch m Flemensfirth (USA) - Funny Times (Silver Patriarch (IRE))

Form: 16/

Owner: Figjam II

Breeder: R McCarthy

Martin Keighley said: "I am very excited about running Flementime in the mares' bumper. She missed the whole of last season, but she was only four and the time she has had off has done her the world of good.

"Her last run was in the mares' bumper at Aintree in April last year and she ran well to finish sixth.

"She is a good mare and has done all her work with Champion Court. He is such a good workhorse and she has been working as well as him so that tells you that she is well above average."

*Set to make her first start for 19 months in the Listed U-kash Mares' Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race on Saturday. Galloped with Champion Court at Wincanton on October 27.

*Sixth of 20 in a Listed mares' bumper at Aintree's Grand National meeting in April, 2012, having made a winning debut in a Plumpton bumper in January of the same year.

Race Record: Starts: 2; Wins: 1; 2nd: -; 3rd: -; Win & Place prize money: £1,772

Comment

Georgian King

10 b g Overbury (IRE) - Roslin (Roscoe Blake)

Form: 1/33631/2F1U3145/643/PU4/47/

Owner: Roger Allsop

Breeder: Yvonne Allsop

*Lightly-raced 10-year-old could make his debut for Martin Keighley and have his first start for two years in the Mallard Pawnbrokers And Family Jewellers Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle Race over two miles and five furlongs on Sunday.

*Seventh on latest start, when trained by Suzy Smith, in extended three-mile handicap hurdle at Kempton Park in November, 2011.

*Successful three times over hurdles for Alan King, including a six-length success in a competitive Doncaster handicap hurdle in February, 2009.

Race Record: Starts: 22; Wins: 4; 2nd: 1; 3rd: 5; Win & Place prize money: £26,439

Havingotascoobydo (IRE)

8 b g Witness Box (USA) - In Blue (IRE) (Executive Perk)

Form: 1431215/1F123F2/03P-P6

Owner: D Bishop, C Bowkley, M Parker, D Wilson

Breeder: Daniel Kenneally

*Set to line up in the Paddy Power Handicap Chase over two miles on Friday, in which he was runner-up in 2011.

*Sixth in a two and a half-mile handicap chase at Stratford on October 26, having been pulled up on his seasonal return in a Fontwell handicap hurdle on October 5. Also pulled up in the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle at The Festival in March.

*Dual scorer over fences, winning novices' chases over two miles at Wetherby and Ffos Las, both in October, 2011.

Race Record: Starts: 19; Wins: 5; 2nd: 3; 3rd: 3; Win & Place prize money: £34,527

Comment

Martin Keighley is hoping stable star Champion Court can finally get his season up and running, with Tony McCoy taking the ride this time.

Keighley said: "He deserves a change of luck, he's been unlucky so far this season.

"He wasn't right in the Paddy Power (Gold Cup), should have won the Peterborough when his saddle slipped and then he unseated early in the King George.

"This is his ideal trip and we know he goes very well at the track so we're glad the race is being staged.

"Looking at the ratings, he should have a very good chance."

Comment

At The Races – Digital partner to Sky Sports Racing. Get horse racing news, video replays, racecards, results, form, tips, features and odds comparison.

Cheltenham Runners

ANNACOTTY
                    6 b g Beneficial - Mini Moo Min.
                    Progressive staying novice chaser who reached 129 over hurdles but is now 144 over fences having won his second of six chases in the grade one Feltham over three miles at Kempton on Boxing Day beating Green Flag 10 lengths when blinkered for the first time.
                    "Always one we thought a lot of. But on his first run over fences at Exeter he slipped and lost his confidence but his first chase win at Kempton in November was very good on paper. He disappointed me on his second last run at Chepstow so we fitted blinkers at Kempton to help him concentrate and that showed how much he was saving for himself by not concentrating. Handles soft ground and a relentless galloper and he has an entry for the Skybet Chase but there's a two mile five open novice handicap chase at the Cheltenham Trials meeting that could suit him. I'll also enter him for what was the Racing Post Chase at Kempton in February - it's a track that clearly suits him well."

ANY CURRENCY
                    11 b g Moscow Society - Native Bavard.
                    Useful staying handicap chaser who was solid fifth of 15 beaten 14 lengths by Shotgun Paddy in three mile five handicap at Warwick January 11 off 132. Has shown a liking for cross country races at Cheltenham and was second and third to Balthazar King and Sire Collognes respectively in November and December off 127.
                    "Great run last time in a very competitive race at Warwick and he's better on better ground. He loves those cross country races because he is a bit of a monkey and they keep him interested and set him alight. I think he'll have one helluva chance in the one at the festival in March. Might go straight there fresh."

CHAMPION COURT
                    9 b g Court Cave - Mooneys Hill.
                    Smart chaser from two to three miles but runs over two and a half miles. Was still off career-high 157 when 23 lengths second of six to Captain Chris in class one listed chase at Kempton January 11. Unseated rider early in King George same course on previous start and had been caught late on by Riverside Theatre over two five at Huntingdon December 12.
                    "McCoy came back after Kempton and said that the trip round there was way too sharp. Around Cheltenham over two five he can kill them off with his gallop and jumping. We played into the hands of Captain Chris. McCoy also said that he might have been saving a little bit for himself and to consider putting something on him, maybe cheek pieces or blinkers. I'll be thinking about it before the Ryanair."

CREEPY
                    6 b g Westerner - Prowler.
                    Novice hurdler that stays well and has two wins from nine starts, latest on third-last outing when beating Timesremembered a length over two miles five at Cheltenham in November. Rose from 131 ro 138 and unseated rider next start in race won by Captain Cutter at Newbury December 28. Down 1lb when well beaten fifth of eight to Deputy Dan in grade two novice over two five at Warwick January 11.
                    "Put a line through his last run at Warwick, that wasn't him and he's another that's not quite himself right now. The one thing he does is gallop to the line and he didn't do that at Warwick. He loves Cheltenham and he could go straight for the Neptune - I think striding on over that trip will suit."

Comment

Working...
                    X