Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Sizing Europe returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizing Europe returns

izing Europe will face seven rivals as he returns to action in tomorrow's PWC Champion Chase at Gowran Park.

Henry de Bromhead's stable star has been one of the top chasers of recent years and his powers showed no signs of waning last season.

Having won the Irish Champion Hurdle in 2008, the switch to fences has brought about even greater riches.

The 10-year-old has won an Arkle and Queen Mother Champion Chase at Cheltenham, a Tingle Creek and numerous big races at home.

He won this Grade Two event 12 months ago but was somewhat fortunate when Rubi Light fell at the final fence with the race at his mercy.

The good ground will be in his favour as will the fact his regular pilot, Andrew Lynch, has returned from injury just in time for the ride.

"Sizing Europe's a good one to get back on," said Lynch.

"He seemed to be back to his best last year and seems to be in great form this year so, please god, he'll have a good season.

"I schooled him the other morning and rode him work last week. He seems in good form."

Just like last year, Sizing Europe faces no penalty kick with the likes of China Rock, First Lieutenant, Forpadydeplasterer and Roi De Mee engaged.

Probable SP 11/10 Sizing Europe, 3/1 China Rock, 6/1 Joncol, 8/1 First Lieutenant, 10/1 Forpadydeplasterer, 20/1 Roi Du Mee, 33/1 I Hear A Symphony, 50/1 Shabra Charity.

Of the 4 runners in this race last year, 4 have run since in 13 races. 2(50.0%) have won 5 times and 2 have been placed in 3 races.
    Previous Years
    2011 Sizing Europe 9 11-10 A E Lynch 1/1Fav (Henry De Bromhead)
    2010 China Rock 7 11-3 R Walsh 13/8Fav (M F Morris)
    2009 The Fonze 8 11-3 J R Barry 16/1 (Eoin Doyle)
    2008 Knight Legend 9 11-6 A D Leigh 2/1 (Mrs John Harrington)
    2007 Justified 8 11-10 R Walsh 9/10Fav (E Sheehy)
    2006 Sir Oj 9 11-8 P Carberry 11/2 (Noel Meade)
    2005 Always 6 11-6 P Carberry 9/1 (Noel Meade)
    2004 Kicking King 6 11-10 B J Geraghty 11/4 (T J Taaffe)
    2003 Go Roger Go 11 11-8 C O'Dwyer 5/2 (E J O'Grady)
    2002 Barrow Drive 6 11-0 B J Geraghty 11/4 (Anthony Mullins)
    2001 Puget Blue 8 11-7 D J Casey 14/1 (M F Morris)
    2000 Slaney Native 7 11-7 P Moloney 7/1 (Mrs John Harrington)
    1999 Ferbet Junior 6 11-11 B J Geraghty 9/4 (Mrs John Harrington)

Comment

Fat Jockey Stats

Comment

Is he going to Down Royal after this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sizing View Post
          Is he going to Down Royal after this ?
          Welcome Sizing...we could do with a few new posters

I heard that he was.

Dont know if I could back him today though. Was very lucky to win this lat year when Rubi Light tipped up.

Comment

I hope not

Comment

A very game show from Forpady ...

Comment

Think they will try him over further again...Potts has wanted Gold Cup not Champion Chase all along

Comment

Don't know that much can be read into yesterday ...why not John Durkan then kempton ?

Comment

Henry De Bromhead said,

"I'm delighted with that. I felt he was a bit scratchy but he's like that on his first run every year. He nearly fell a few times here last year.He just likes to get his eye in on his first run but as it gets on in the season he really starts to attack them. It's a lovely way to start and we're looking forward to the season.There are three races to consider for him in November. The three-miler in Down Royal (jnwine.com Champion Chase), the Fortria Chase at Navan or a conditions race at Cheltenham. We'll try to space it out, so we'll run in one of them and then something at Christmas. He's so good at two miles, two and a half miles and two and three quarters but three miles, I just don't know. I want to speak to Ann and Alan (Potts) but he has loads of options."

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                      http://www.fatjockey.com/news-blogs/...an-Grade-2-161

Henry De Bromhead said,

"I'm delighted with that. I felt he was a bit scratchy but he's like that on his first run every year. He nearly fell a few times here last year.He just likes to get his eye in on his first run but as it gets on in the season he really starts to attack them. It's a lovely way to start and we're looking forward to the season.There are three races to consider for him in November. The three-miler in Down Royal (jnwine.com Champion Chase), the Fortria Chase at Navan or a conditions race at Cheltenham. We'll try to space it out, so we'll run in one of them and then something at Christmas. He's so good at two miles, two and a half miles and two and three quarters but three miles, I just don't know. I want to speak to Ann and Alan (Potts) but he has loads of options."
                      Yep. Thinly veiled trainer wants to stick to 2 owner want to try 3 IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X