Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Trials Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham Trials Day.

It will be me first visit to trials day this year. What good horses do you reckon will be racing guys? Always watched it on the tele really excited about this day and first day of the festival as I will also be there

Thistlecrack
    UknowwhatImeanharry

Comment

Hi guys im new here, Im going to Trials day aswell, my first ever visit to jumps HQ. Thistlecrack is allegedly going, Defi de Seuil is probably going and I read somewhere that Messire des Obeaux might be aswell. Can't wait

Comment

Makes it more exciting when first time don't it Ryan. Taking plenty of pictures that day of quality horses.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
          Makes it more exciting when first time don't it Ryan. Taking plenty of pictures that day of quality horses.
          Yes Liam it really does, I wanted to go to the festival but being a student I couldnt afford the tickets so decided to go for trials instead. Looks to be a good card especially with the Cross Country thrown in aswell

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ryan. Hopefully you can win enough on trials day and get a ticket for the festival

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Welcome to the forum Ryan. Hopefully you can win enough on trials day and get a ticket for the festival
              Thatd be great

Comment

I'm going on trials day, taking the Mrs and night in Cheltenham after. Before the big one on Champion Hurdle day with the lads.
                Might go on Weds depending on how the Tuesday goes

Comment

Trials day has developed lots in recent years, they used to have 2 or 3 keys races but they've now created a quality card with depth throughout the day.

Anyone not been before I think you're right to make your first visit before the festival, March is unique and cannot be equaled, I always think if you go to the festival first then every other meeting will be an anti-climax.
                  And since they modified the parade ring movement is much easier, less of a 'scrum' feel about getting around now...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    Trials day has developed lots in recent years, they used to have 2 or 3 keys races but they've now created a quality card with depth throughout the day.

Anyone not been before I think you're right to make your first visit before the festival, March is unique and cannot be equaled, I always think if you go to the festival first then every other meeting will be an anti-climax.
                    And since they modified the parade ring movement is much easier, less of a 'scrum' feel about getting around now...
                    Hopefully itll be a good day out. Do you know the normal crowd size?

Comment

There was around 30,000 for new years day this year. Usually it's a busier day than trials day but with Thistlecrack running i'd expect a similar turn out to be honest.

I'd echo Ista - nothing beats the festival but trials day has improved heaps the last few years and is a really strong card. I'd say it's an ideal introduction to Cheltenham - i'm sure after you'll be hooked and desperate to go to the festival!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                        Hopefully itll be a good day out. Do you know the normal crowd size?
                        About 30k ?

The JCB Triumph Hurdle Trial (A Juvenile Hurdle Race) (Grade 2) 2m abt 1f ,

1.05 The Timeform Novices’ Handicap Steeple Chase (Class 2) 2m abt 5f ,

1.40 The Trophy Steeple Chase (Grade 3) 2m abt 5f ,

2.15 The BetBright Trial Cotswold Steeple Chase (Grade 2) 3m abt 1½f ,

2.50 The Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Steeple Chase (Class 2) 3m abt 6f ,

3.25 The Neptune Investment Management Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 2) 2m abt 4½f ,

4.00 The galliardhomes.com Cleeve Hurdle Race (Grade 2) Abt 3m ,

4.35 The Steel Plate & Sections Handicap Hurdle (Class 2) 2m abt 1f ,

Read more at http://cheltenham.thejockeyclub.co.u...7sLhrbwcDqp.99

Comment

What trials are there.....

Triumph hurdle, Neptune hurdle, novice handicap chase, Ryanair, gold cup, stayers hurdle and cross country?

Have I missed anything?

Comment

Thanks OV

Comment

Were there really 30k there on NYD ?
                              Paddy Power Sat over really attracts 15-20k but if that figure is correct that's great for the game

Comment

Working...
                              X