Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Handicaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham Festival Handicaps

Yes it's early, but is it ever too early to get involved in the handicaps!?

I've backed two already!

What you fancy Faugheen ?

Comment

Cause of Causes in the Ultima Handicap Chase. This will be the only handicap I can see him running in at the festival. He has Cheltenham festival form figures of 2,1,1 (should probably have won the Kim Muir when runner up). For the last three seasons he has ran poorly in the winter but came to life at Cheltenham in the Spring. He was the easiest handicap winner at the festival last season, jumping the third last in 14th and jumping the second last in the lead, before winning by 12 lengths. Gordon Elliott is great at plotting horses for big handicaps and I'm convinced this race (along with the National) will have been the plan all season.

33/1 is the wrong price. I thought he'd be 14/1 - 16/1 now and would expect him to be close to Fav come race day.

I might be completely wrong but can't resist at the current price.

Comment

I've had a small bet on one other but want to speak to the owner before I put it on here - just in case the race isn't the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Cause of Causes in the Ultima Handicap Chase. This will be the only handicap I can see him running in at the festival. He has Cheltenham festival form figures of 2,1,1 (should probably have won the Kim Muir when runner up). For the last three seasons he has ran poorly in the winter but came to life at Cheltenham in the Spring. He was the easiest handicap winner at the festival last season, jumping the third last in 14th and jumping the second last in the lead, before winning by 12 lengths. Gordon Elliott is great at plotting horses for big handicaps and I'm convinced this race (along with the National) will have been the plan all season.

33/1 is the wrong price. I thought he'd be 14/1 - 16/1 now and would expect him to be close to Fav come race day.

I might be completely wrong but can't resist at the current price.
          Is this you too?
          Had one of my favourite moments on here when Holywell landed a long term punt in this 3 years back, and it was almost a repeat of the same last year, when he was only denied by the very well…

Comment

It isn't Jackie - and I honestly had seen that before I posted but I agree with every word. He is rated 148 at the moment but I'm fairly sure that is his Irish rating (need to check that) and the English handicapper will surely add a few pounds on. If I'm right, he can't run in the Kim Muir which is a 0-145 race.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              It isn't Jackie - and I honestly had seen that before I posted but I agree with every word. He is rated 148 at the moment but I'm fairly sure that is his Irish rating (need to check that) and the English handicapper will surely add a few pounds on. If I'm right, he can't run in the Kim Muir which is a 0-145 race.
              Always good to know someone shares your view. Phil Smith will never let Cause Od Causes run in the Kim Muir again :-)

Comment

Took a bit of that 33s

Danger he ends up in a Irish national if Smith clobbers him ?

Comment

I think the English national will be the ultimate aim. He jumped round a couple of years ago when Carberry rode him. The horse is 9, loves spring ground and stays extreme trips. I'd guess he'd be a strong trends pick for the national too.

Comment

It's a little speculative, but would love to see Nicholls camp revert back to hurdling with Irish Saint and target the Coral Cup off 145.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoowraa View Post
                      It's a little speculative, but would love to see Nicholls camp revert back to hurdling with Irish Saint and target the Coral Cup off 145.
                      Welcome Zoowraa.

I'll definitely be backing Nichols horses in the handicaps on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                        Welcome Zoowraa.

I'll definitely be backing Nichols horses in the handicaps on the day.
                        me too. graded races at the Festival are a thing of the past with Nichols it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                          me too. graded races at the Festival are a thing of the past with Nichols it would seem.
                          places his horses brilliantly but down on fire power for sure. Looks like he might have taught Skelton a bit too much as well - he has been mining 2 mile handicap hurdles

Comment

As you lads know I was banging the drum regards dynaste for the plate come March. Again I thought his run was to bad to be true yesterday but it seems he is not his former force and the team have decided to retire him..

Comment

The 33/1 on Cause of Causes has gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X