Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Neptune Novices Hurdle 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neptune Novices Hurdle 2017

I can't see a thread so thought I'd start one, especially as the winner runs again tomorrow......

Step forward Robin Roe

Good race that tomorrow FM, I quite like the JP horse.
    And you know Challow winners can't win this race.....

Comment

Gordon Elliott will get a good handle on where Death Duty stands with these after tomorrow.

Comment

This is a corker of a race today isn't it.. I'm balls deep in robin, I think if he wins there is nothing in England who will beat him, if he loses the whole market is wide open.. I'm actually on death duty as well at nice odds but I'm almost sure he's AB bound

Comment

I've had a fair bet on Robin Roe now in singles and a few multiples for Cheltenham. Nothing for today at the moment.

Ladbrokes are 14/1 at the moment. 10s best price elsewhere....

The beating of No Comment, who beat Monalee (who placed ahead of IO and behind DD) looks really good and I hope he wins today FM!

Comment

Robin Roe out until next autumn according to Skelton on Twitter

Comment

Just read that myself SOAG - cracked bone in the knee

EXCITING novice hurdler Robin Roe has been ruled out for the rest of the season after cracking a bone in his knee in a fall at Newbury on Saturday.

Robin Roe had been sent off the 7-4 favourite for the Grade 1 Challow Hurdle and was still in contention when falling three hurdles from home in a race won by Messire Des Obeaux.

Dan Skelton, who trains Robin Roe for Barbara Hester, wrote on Twitter: "Robin Roe was fine immediately after his fall but became lame when he returned to the stables. He's unfortunately cracked a bone in [his] knee.

"Vets have diagnosed this quickly and he will be fine with time and luck on his side, but will not be in action until next autumn."

A bumper winner last season, Robin Roe created an excellent impression when winning by 12 lengths on his hurdling debut at Aintree in October.

Such was the promise of that success, Robin Roe had been the 10-1 second favourite for the Neptune Novices' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival prior to his Newbury mishap.

Comment

Ffs

Comment

Tough to take! I am lost in this race now. I'd need Ballyandy or Invitation Only to bounce back.

Comment

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Invitation Only in a different light next time out.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                      Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Invitation Only in a different light next time out.
                      Hope so. Is he entered on Sunday with Death Duty and Augusta Kate?

Just watched the race back hoping to get some inspiration. Maybe he couldn't quicken in the ground? He just looked one paced. Crack Mome and Battleford the other Wyllie novices and Battleford certainly looks to need the 3 miles more than IO does.

Comment

Are we overlooking Death Duty completely for this race?

That horse has some pretty good cruising speed to be aimed at the Potato race. He obviously has a future as a 3m chaser but for me he looks more like a First Lieutenant (2011 Neptune winner) than a Weapons Amnesty (2008 AB winner)- at least at this stage.

He's managed to get most of his opposition off the bridle before he has had to be asked and he just looks reasonably classy. I do think good ground will pose a question though- he has won on soft or heavy on all starts it seems.

Good ground is the one thing that might give hope to Invitation Only fans- his action looks more like one that could skip across some better ground than the pronounced 'knee' action that some of the softer ground horses can have.

Comment

I think you're right that he could be over looked for the Neptune, especially as his next entry is over the same distance, however Gordon Elliott did say he was learning towards the Albert Bartlett. Not that Giggy are shy from having more than one horse in the same race, but it might depend on where Blow By Blow goes and others?

Comment

Didn't No More Heroes, who was held in similar regard to DD, beat Shaneshill before then running in the AB? Creatures of habit and all that..

Comment

Agree that it depends on what they do with those others.

Just trying to jog my memory for their other Neptune runners- Rule The World managed 2nd to The New One in 2013 I think.

This season so far hasn't heralded any possible superstars heading into the Neptune either- when you think of some years where a Simonsig or a Yanworth/Yorkhill you kind of go in half knowing that it is a high quality horse that leads the market but so far I haven't got anything down for the Neptune?

Comment

Working...
                              X