Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

'THE' Ante Post EACH WAY Yankee 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'THE' Ante Post EACH WAY Yankee 2017

Great idea from Ista for some ante-post yankee's - let's set some ground rules...?

1 x each way yankee with one manager picking all four after debate

Fairly obvious, but as the majority of bookies are 1/5 a place, I won't include (or consider) anything at less than 5/1. (Possibly 4/1 if 1/4 the odds)

Secondly, only opinions expressed in this thread will be under consideration for this yankee... so if you've made a great case elsewhere, copy and paste it?

3. There are some fantastic people that post in here and the more debate we have, the better it'll be... Any race, any day....

Well voluntered Kevloaf !!!

I'll throw Gods Own into the mix, 20/1 Queen Mother.
    Got close to UDS in their Arkle amd had it not been for a wander towards the betting ring and missing the last he could have won it.
    Improved plenty last year and twice took the scalp of the ill fated Vautour, obviously Douvan to overcome this time (assuming that;s where he heads) but should get his ground, thrives in the Spring and at 20/1 he's massive value.
    I'm convinced he heads for this race though someone did place a doubt in my mind that he could be Ryanair bound, I think he's far more likely to head here so the 20s is OK I think

Comment

Has to be Invitation Only in the Neptune. 8/1.

Unbeaten in bumpers, held in high regard, debut of stamina and speed with same connections as last years winner.

Comment

My choice would be Robin Roe in the Neptune at 14/1.

I've said plenty about him so far but I fully expect him to be favourite for the Neptune by New Years Day.

Comment

American Tom for the JLT @ 10/1 is my pick. most of the horses at top of the market haven't really got confirmed targets, this one looks certain to run here
          Last edited by Aldie1988; 15 December 2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

How worried are we about Mullins changing targets. Purely as devil's advocate (as I've genuinly backed both of these), can we trust American Tom or invitation only to turn up in the right race?

Comment

Trying to pick the right race for a Mullins trained horse has proved difficult for me over the years. Even when I have got it right he has gave me countless sleepless nights before hand.

I'd be surprised if IO doesn't have entries in all 3 novice hurdles, and it only takes an injury or bad performance for WPM to shuffle his pack.

Comment

Kevloaf, ever since my horror Champagne Fever experience I never back any Ricci horse AP. Mullins yes, but Ricci no, that's just a rule I set myself.
                When I do my yankees I'm usually NRNB but it would be painful to get 3/4 and watch the other one win a race you didn't think he was heading for, sticking to horses where you can be confident of targets is therefore the right approach ....

Comment

Whilst we can never be 100% certain, we should certainly factor this in to our thoughts.
                  I would rather have four 8/1 shots where we are 90% certain of target (ie quotes to that effect) than four 14/1 shots, of which two get re-routed...
                  Not saying that I have the answers , but it's something that we should consider..

Comment

No problem, I will change mine to Defi De Seuil in the Triumph lads

Comment

Shall we say no Ricci or Mullins horses as a hard and fast rule for this yankee then? I do very much like IO and the comments are certainly leaning towards the Neptune ...

Well, I suppose we can put the cases forward and I'll just be picking anyway so I'll gauge or vote on it later on?
                      Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 December 2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Nichols Canyon for the Churdle @ 20's (+)??
                        All (recent) comments seem to suggest that he may stay over 2m and with Faugheen and AP's continued absence, he would have a good chance on form if neither showed up.
                        Bearing in mind that it is highly unlikely that both F and AP will show up, if he runs, I fancy NC to place at least.

Comment

Alpha des Obeaux in the RSA for me here at 12/1

- Confirmed Target
                          - Trainer renowned for priming a horse for the big races
                          - Festival form running a huge race behind one of the very best staying hurdlers in Thistlecrack in the World Hurdle last year pulling 22 lengths clear of the rest of the field
                          - At his best on spring ground
                          - Has followed a very similar path to the trainers First Lieutenant who came second in the RSA
                          - Has a form line of 12122F2221235113 so looks an ideal horse for an each way bet. The 3 times he hasn't placed he has had valid excuses - fell when would have been second, last when clearly far from fit and 3rd when running under a trip too short

Comment

At double figure prices, Robin Roe in the neptune that Faugheen has suggested and ADO in the RSA from jono would be two I think are likely to make the yankee so far...

As I've posted elsewhere, I think (and have backed personally) Nichols Canyon for the CH, IO for the Neptune AND American Tom for the JLT ... so while I do like them all, for the purpose of this eachw ay yankee, I think we should just eliminate Mullins from the equation.

I think some good points have been made about the risk involved, however we will have enough threads and so on where we cover Mullins' potential runners and multiples, that we should just rule them out for this bet?

I think we can all agree that BECAUSE of Mullins' recent domination, it does create betting opportunities as his horses tend to dominate the front of the markets. Plus jono has just put a great post on the main thread about specifically backing Mullins' horses ....

So, I'm ruling them all out for now...

More suggestions .......?

Comment

It's your gig Kevloaf, anyone can make a suggestion but it's you who picks final 4, Mullins or no Mullins...

Comment

Working...
                              X