Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Grand Annual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Grand Annual

Post yer plots

DONN

Ordinary World

You couldn’t see too much through the fog at Punchestown last Sunday, but insofar as you could see Ordinary World in the Craddockstown Chase, he looked impressive. Leading from flagfall, the Henry de Bromhead-trained gelding was chased by his higher-profile stable companion Identity Thief throughout, but his jumping appeared to be very good, and he was able to lead last year’s Fighting Fifth Hurdle winner until the run to the final fence. And even after he had been passed, Chris Jones’ horse kept on all the way to the line to go down by just a length.

Even the bare form of this run is impressive. Ordinary World is rated 39lb lower than Identity Thief over fences, and he was meeting him on level terms on Sunday, so to run him to one length was a massive effort. As well as that, Identity Thief was really impressive in winning his beginners’ chase over Sunday’s course and distance in October, and it was reasonable that he was sent off a long odds-on shot for Sunday’s race.

Ordinary World himself was impressive in winning on his chasing debut at Fairyhouse in early October. Always prominent that day, he jumped well and he beat another stable companion Attribution (who also completed a de Bromhead 1-2-3 in the Craddockstown Chase on Sunday) by four lengths, which could have been more. Sunday’s run was another step forward from that.

The Milan gelding’s hurdling career tailed off a little disappointingly last season, but it looks already as if he will make up into a better chaser than hurdler. He is only six, he has raced just twice over fences, and he will be of interest wherever he goes next. He could be a horse to keep in mind for the big two-mile handicap chases in the spring, races like the Grand Annual and the Red Rum Chase.

20th November 2016

Thanks mayo. Like these kinda posts each time they appear!

Comment

I think JP might be lining squator up for a pop at the grand annual.. He was a big talking horse last year and I thought it was a lovey run behind MIN last weekend to just get the ball rolling.. I wouldn't be suprised to see the kid gloves on until March

Comment

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
        I think JP might be lining squator up for a pop at the grand annual.. He was a big talking horse last year and I thought it was a lovey run behind MIN last weekend to just get the ball rolling.. I wouldn't be suprised to see the kid gloves on until March
        Definitely on the radar but I had him down for the novice handicap over 2 and a half miles on day one. He had been running over this distance last season over hurdles and ran in the Martin Pipe over that trip at the Festival.

Comment

Getting into that novice handicap is a lottery in itself.

Comment

Ordinary World 2nd to Min too now over Christmas. Definitely going to end up being a gamble isn't he

From SL:

Ordinary World - Leopardstown, December 26 (Watch the video replay)

It's well worth revisiting Min's Boxing Day victory at Leopardstown and not just for the most obvious reason. Henry De Bromhead will have been gutted with the performance of Identity Thief, who returned battered and bruised having made a few early mistakes and never got into any sort of rhythm. The one to take from the race, however, is his stable companion, who filled the runner-up spot for the second race in succession after chasing home Identity Thief at Punchestown in November. That came on the back of a taking debut win at Fairyhouse, form which is working out well in Ireland, so the seven-year-old is building a nice little profile over the larger obstacles - indeed, he's been mentioned favourably among our eyecatchers previously this season. De Bromhead was disappointed with how Ordinary World's season unfolded over hurdles last year but the son of Milan already looks a much better chaser and it will be interesting to see if he's now sent down the handicap route. Zabana, Noble Endeavour and Home Farm have all represented the owners at the Cheltenham Festival in recent seasons so it wouldn't be a great surprise were they already working back from the second week in March. (MB)

Comment

20/1 Ordinary World with PP

Comment

Really like this Ordinary World shout. Will be a better horse on better ground as well.

The other one I quite fancy for this race is Don't Touch It. That novice G1 he won at Punchestown looks great now with PM and BPs exploits this season and he jumped and travelled well in the novice chase at Leopardstown over Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytentoryours1 View Post
                  Really like this Ordinary World shout. Will be a better horse on better ground as well.

The other one I quite fancy for this race is Don't Touch It. That novice G1 he won at Punchestown looks great now with PM and BPs exploits this season and he jumped and travelled well in the novice chase at Leopardstown over Christmas.
                  Definite shortlist material and she had a placed horse in the race last year.

Comment

Don't Touch It is a sea of blue on Oddschecker for this after today's victory over Dicosimo.

There's usually a couple of JP horses aimed at this, seems to be a fit after today.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                      Don't Touch It is a sea of blue on Oddschecker for this after today's victory over Dicosimo.

There's usually a couple of JP horses aimed at this, seems to be a fit after today.
                      Should supplement him for Champion Hurdle - on a line though petit mouchoir he is a half a length better than the favourite

Comment

If you were take that Punchestown form literally he'd have the beating of Brain Power and Yorkhill too!

Comment

I'd want to see what mark he gets before backing him.

Comment

I thought he jumped a bit oddly at times - screwed in the air at a few.

Comment

Nicholls said Dodging Bullets could turn up in this ... that can't have happened ever before? A champion chaser? I'd have consider it despite everything I've seen

Comment

Working...
                              X