Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2017 Antepost Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham 2017 Antepost Bets

off we go

I want more prices ...

Originally posted by mayo View Post
    off we go

I want more prices ...
    Here's one, 500/1 if you can predict the destination of every Ricci novice and championship horse !

Comment

Has to be a Faugheen Champion Hurdle and Douvan Champion Chase double... generally 6/1, 7/1... id be guessing youd be looking at an SP double price of about 6/4 should these both arrive fit and in the form we expect

Comment

All combos are possible next year, Faugheen could be aimed at the Arkle/RSA/JLT/ Champ hurdle, Vautour or Douvan Champ chase/ Ryanair/Gold cup, Annie Champ hurdle/Mares hurdle, Limini Champ/Mares/Arkle/JLT, VVM Mares/Ryanair/ World, Djakadam Gold cup/Ryanair/ Grand national,Min????
        Absolute lottery where any of them go next year, the stand out has to be Coneygree around 10's for the GC

Comment

Would thistlecrack go straight to gold cup if he can jump ?

He will be 9 next year.

Faugheen is a no go zone.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
            Would thistlecrack go straight to gold cup if he can jump ?

He will be 9 next year.

Faugheen is a no go zone.
            Could be another hot Gold cup, wouldn't be in a rush to back Thistlecrack, Joe Tizzard said they will go novice chasing next year but if it doesn't work out they can always revert. I couldn't have him on my mind, especially when Coneygree is available at 16's with Coral, I wonder how big that will look a week before next year's fez

Comment

In the Tizzard interview on ATR with Chapman, he said that if they go chasing, due to the horses age, it would start novice chasing but then get parachuted into the Gold Cup - if the prep races went well.

In my mind, it's this;

- 10/1 for the Gold Cup today.
              - 4/1 once it wins the first novice chase by 25 lengths.
              - 5/2 once it wins the Feltham by 25 lengths.
              - 7/4f once it wins a prep race in open company, something like the Denman chase.
              - 6/4f on the day of the race.

The horse is a monster and 10/1 is a cracking bet. Fingers crossed it stays fit

Comment

He's a very very good horse stephen but I can't make a case for anything at 10s for a race 52 weeks away.
                With Coneygree coming back and the fleet of talented staying chasers that have already proved their abilities back for another go plus this years novices stepping up next season, 10/1 wouldn't seem a great price to me.
                Of course there's always the chance he doesn't take to fences, gets injured maybe, or they just think he can't win the blue ribband and will have another crack at the World hurdle.
                25/1 and yes I'd be interested, 10/1 just isn't for me.....

Comment

Thistlecrack @ 10/1 Gold Cup
                  Barters Hill @ 14/1 RSA

I have just doubled these two :o

( and yes should be bigger prices)

Comment

Are they definitely chasing with Barters next year ?
                    With Thistlecrack planning a fences campaign it would leave a gap in the staying hurdlers ranks, a gap Barters could fill....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      Are they definitely chasing with Barters next year ?
                      With Thistlecrack planning a fences campaign it would leave a gap in the staying hurdlers ranks, a gap Barters could fill....
                      a good source told me they would go chasing but hurdles must be a temptation if Thistlecrack moves on.

Comment

These are my predictions for where Mullins puts the big guns. Let's see how many I hit lol

Supreme- Senewalk
                        Champion Hurdle- Faugheen
                        Champion Chase- Douvan
                        World Hurdle- Vroum Vroum Mag
                        Mares Hurdle- Limini
                        Arkle- Min
                        Gold Cup- Vautour
                        Annie Power???????????? God only knows that one

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnymac05 View Post
                          These are my predictions for where Mullins puts the big guns. Let's see how many I hit lol

Supreme- Senewalk
                          Champion Hurdle- Faugheen
                          Champion Chase- Douvan
                          World Hurdle- Vroum Vroum Mag
                          Mares Hurdle- Limini
                          Arkle- Min
                          Gold Cup- Vautour
                          Annie Power???????????? God only knows that one
                          Black Hercules, Un De Sceaux, Djakadam ???
                          It really is a case of having too many good ones

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Black Hercules, Un De Sceaux, Djakadam ???
                            It really is a case of having too many good ones
                            Un De Sceauc after defeat will take on Douvan in Champion Chase I feel
                            Djakadam I just have this gut feeling we will see him in the Ryanair
                            Black Hercules maybe RSA/4 miler. But since it's a Wylie horse maybe to take on riccis in Gold Cup???

It most definitely is a case of too many good good horses. The placement of those Ricci horses is where I feel they should run. Have a shot at all 4 championship races and if THISTLECRACK does go chasing then a good opportunity for VVM for world glory with a 7lb swing in the weights

Comment

And still to place Yorkhill and shaneshill as well. Oh dear they will have to face each other at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X