Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival top jockey/owner/trainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festival top jockey/owner/trainer

I was giving this some thought yesterday, is now the time to revisit what were probably dead markets ?
    The unfortunate injuries to Faugheen, Arctic Fire and Killultagh Vic have probably opened these markets up once more.

In the top jockey market Ruby still trades around 1/3 having been much shorter.
    The one I like now is Geraghty at around 7s.
    Bryan Cooper and STD at around 11s/12s are others that can be considered. and the form of Dickie Johnson and the Hobbs team can't be dismissed, he is 20s.

Mullins still trades at 1/12 to lift the top trainer title but is was only 2 years ago that Henderson surprised everyone with I think 8 winners, he can be backed at 16s.

Top owner for week sees Ricci at 13/8 and Gigginstown and JP around 2/1.
    Have to say I like JP here but am I not better off backing Geraghty in the jocks market ?

Any thoughts ?
    Last edited by Istabraq; 28 February 2016, 12:38 PM.

I also like JP for top owner but the 2/1 is short enough !! I'd of thought the hell have some of the amateur races targeted and he will have multiple entries in the handicaps with lesser jockeys on to hold the prices up

Comment

Its usually on 3-5 winners that wins the jockeys.
      This might help ya...
      Cheltenham Festival Jockey Titles

2015 Ruby Walsh 4

2014 Ruby Walsh 3

2013 Ruby Walsh 4

2012 Barry Geraghty 5

2011 Ruby Walsh 5

2010 Ruby Walsh 3

2009 Ruby Walsh 7

2008 Ruby Walsh 3

2007 Robert Thornton 4

2006 Ruby Walsh 3

2005 Graham Lee 3

2004 Ruby Walsh 3

2003 Barry Geraghty 5

2002 Richard Johnson 2

2000 Mick FitzGerald 4

1999 Mick FitzGerald 4

1998 Tony McCoy 5

1997 Tony McCoy 3

I think Johnson is a great bet. He's bound to pick up a few winners. Davy Russell could be a surprise too.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        I was giving this some thought yesterday, is now the time to revisit what were probably dead markets ?
        The unfortunate injuries to Faugheen, Arctic Fire and Killultagh Vic have probably opened these markets up once more.

In the top jockey market Ruby still trades around 1/3 having been much shorter.
        The one I like now is Geraghty at around 7s.
        Bryan Cooper and STS at around 11s/12s are others that can be considered. and the form of Dickie Johnson and the Hobbs team can't be dismissed, he is 20s.

Mullins still trades at 1/12 to lift the top trainer title but is was only 2 years ago that Henderson surprised everyone with I think 8 winners, he can be backed at 16s.

Top owner for week sees Ricci at 13/8 and Gigginstown and JP around 2/1.
        Have to say I like JP here but am I not better off backing Geraghty in the jocks market ?

Any thoughts ?
        The JP at 2s is a good bet. The 4 Miler X Country and Foxhunters could all end up going his way - none of them ridden by Geraghty.

I think you have to consider Geraghtys chance similar to the one AP would have had. He was never top festival jockey in the JP era.

Cooper should go close.

De Bonville would be a bet if he had Barters...

Comment

I've got a growing suspicion that Henry de Bromhead is going to have a great week.

On the Tuesday, I've backed a few of his in an e/w accumulator. PaddyPower haven't even quoted him in the without Mullins market.

Comment

I,ve had a nibble at 28-1 on nico , he may pinch a couple of wins and places with hendo/Pauling runners. How many winners can ruby get this time? A market without ruby would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
              I,ve had a nibble at 28-1 on nico , he may pinch a couple of wins and places with hendo/Pauling runners. How many winners can ruby get this time? A market without ruby would be better.
              Spot on dazzler. Pauling could have a very good week.

Comment

Working...
              X