Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Cheltenham Festival Day 3 Yankee (by Ista)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Cheltenham Festival Day 3 Yankee (by Ista)

This years St Patrick's Day Yankee selections will be selected by Ista.

Let us hear your suggestions? Will Ista have the same thoughts or will you prove him wrong?

Comment

Day 3 I think is the hardest task of them all, theres a few handicaps and not many trainers have nailed there colours to the mast yet, however hear i go with my slections;

JLT Novice - Shaneshill 10/1
      Ryan Air - Vroum Vroum Mag 8/1 (with a run)
      Mares novice - Smart talk 7/1
      Brown advisory plate - village vic 11/1

Comment

Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
        Day 3 I think is the hardest task of them all
        Thanks gjt, an early excuse lol

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Thanks gjt, an early excuse lol
          Which should make it easier for you to find e/w value.

Comment

Zabana JLT
            Smart Talk Mares Novice
            At Fishers Cross World Hurdle
            Al Ferof Ryanair

all ew prices

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
              Which should make it easier for you to find e/w value.
              I need all the advice people can offer !

Killultagh Vic JLT and I like LRs call for Al Ferof in Ryannair is all I've got right now, I'll do some work on the handicaps...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                I need all the advice people can offer !

Killultagh Vic JLT and I like LRs call for Al Ferof in Ryannair is all I've got right now, I'll do some work on the handicaps...
                Mayo picked Al Ferof for Ryanair I fancy Ballynagour 25/1 e/w if he runs.

Does anyone know when the weights come out for the handicaps?

I would save your energy Ista and wait for them to be released.

Comment

I think Hendo might avoid the Douvan clash with Lami Serge and will end up in the JLT.

Comment

25 Feb last year. Would be 1 march this year if kept same timetable.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                      25 Feb last year. Would be 1 march this year if kept same timetable.
                      Thanks Mayo, well we can't wait until then, so no harm looking.

Comment

Apologies mayo.
                        Weights are out 3 March

Comment

I put Al Ferof up ages ago for the ryan air but he was 12/1 then and with the weight allowance and with the run i fancy Vroum Vroum mag now, Al ferof has come on again for the skelton yard but his age is against him now at the festival

Comment

Agreed gjt but he is an 11yo with few miles on the clock.
                            I'm the first to scream trends at Cheltenham and 11 year olds just don't win, in the handicaps they're completely exposed and vulnerable to younger unexposed types, and in championship races they are generally past their best but I'm not entirely convinced that's the case with Al Ferof and I don't think this is the strongest of renewals.
                            Smad Place, Vatour, Road to Riches and Valseur Lido all seem Gold Cup bound, I would think that leave AF a fairly short fav for this race....

Comment

Yes al Ferof was my lay bet against Vroum Vroum mag for the ryan air even though i got Vroum Vroum mag 3 times at 14/1 with al Ferof at 12/1, a week ago al ferof was looking like my only runner but VVM is right back into the fray now, really hope she runs, the thing with al Ferof you generally know what your gonna get and thats a solid run, i've already bigges him up over in the ryan air page so I won't go on about him hear, but 3 times places in the king George speaks for itself i think

Comment

Working...
                              X