Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Albert Bartlett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Albert Bartlett

decent looking trial at Donny ( Barters and Shantou also entered at Cheltenham)

NO. HORSE AGE WGT TRAINER RTF% JOCKEY OR TS RPR
    4 111-11 Barters Hill32 6 Ben Pauling 150 117 154
    14 20-311 Up For Review30 7 W P Mullins — 128 151
    11 11-11 Shantou Village78 6 Neil Mulholland 146 91 147
    5 4-131 Chef D´Oeuvre49 5 Warren Greatrex — -1 143
    9 3-821 Minella Charmer27 5 Alan King 141 -1 142
    16 32-151 Yala Enki21 6 Venetia Williams 138 116 139
    3 25-211 Ballydine63 6 Charlie Longsdon 132 109 136
    6 1-2114 Clondaw Cian57 6 Suzy Smith 135 100 135
    12 10-1UP Stone Hard27 6 W P Mullins — 113 135
    2 2-4412 Arkwrisht16 6 W P Mullins — 73 132
    13 337113 Tradewinds98 8 Lucinda Russell 128 78 128
    8 31 Ephraim49 5 Charlie Mann 129 94 125
    10 1-113 Nambour30 6 W P Mullins — 102 123
    1 45-422 Ami Desbois22 6 Graeme McPherson 125 88 122
    15 032F1 Wade Harper32 6 David Dennis 132 109 120
    7 348214 Cottersrock92 6 Martin Keighley — -1 —

Barters off to Donny.

Comment

Wullie says Up For Review heads to Donny to take on Barters...

Comment

Previous Winners

Barters 150 rating wins most of them

p><iframe width="660" height="400" src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uQmJ5fI0diDF3XTD2bJGdFVmU9qTmKrFFJ5pBV8SBjg/embed?start=true&amp;loop=true&amp;delayms=10000" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe></p>
        <p></p>

handicapper view on last run

If connections of Barters Hill were watching from Doncaster, then surely they will have decided to run their fellow in the longer Albert Bartlett at the Festival. Not only would they have witnessed Yanworth tearing the place up, but Barters Hill looked stamina through and through in winning a gruelling Albert Bartlett River Don Novices’ Hurdle. Ratings wise he only had the comparable Up For Review to contend with, but with that horse turning in a very disappointing performance, it is hard to justify Barters Hill matching his Newbury form of 150. With the likes of Ballydine (132 going in) and Ami Debois (125) making Barters Hill pull out all the stops, I reckon that Barters Hill probably managed a performance ‘only’ in the mid-140s at best here. Of course both the second and third were unexposed, and time will tell if the new marks for them of 145 and 130 is the right call. Barters Hill is still a very exciting prospect and would top the ratings in the Albert Bartlett as things stand today.
        Last edited by Old Vic; 4 February 2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

OV - I think there's a small element of 'little man syndrome' with Ben Pauling when it comes to Barters Hill, and I don't mean that unkindly.
          He is so used to the media talking up the big guns he takes offence when his gets forgotten and I think the Neptune/Potato race debate on his charge is little more than a reminder that his guy can compete with the best.
          He's been saying for a while that Barters Hill has speed and a turn of foot and will be equally equiped to win either race.
          The form of his bumper win at Newbury with Buveur D'Air behind reads unbelievably well right now with that one well fancied for the Supreme, I just get the impression Pauling likes to remind us of that and I don't blame him, nothing wrong with having absolute faith in your bullets and telling everyone about it.....

Comment

I like Pauling ...if ever I had a horse in the UK he would be the one I would send it to.

I have backed Fagan for this today at 25s ew. Owned by the sponsor Ronnie Bartlett and has run up a nice sequence. Entered in Musselburgh on Sunday in the Scottish trial.

Comment

I've not actually punted much in the albert bartlett apart from including up for review in a couple of yankees, i like the likes of gangster, a toi phill and bello conti for mullins and gigginstown but they are entered all over the place so waiting to see what there confirmed targets are, gigginstown are just entered all over the place at the moment and it's ridiculous

Comment

Could Bleu et Rouge be an Albert Bartlett horse ?

Yanworth Neptune and Modus Supreme ?

Fagan not good enough Mayo.

Comment

Quite like a look of a couple here. Shantou Village hoping he turns up here instead of the Neptune. Also Champers On Ice at 33's.

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
                    Could Bleu et Rouge be an Albert Bartlett horse ?

Yanworth Neptune and Modus Supreme ?

Fagan not good enough Mayo.
                    Disappointed in that tbh.

Comment

Do we not think Barters is a cert for this race should be run? From what I have seen he will take all the beating, and yes I know some will be looking at ew value, I did fancy Champers on Ice myself to be fair

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                        Do we not think Barters is a cert for this race should be run? From what I have seen he will take all the beating, and yes I know some will be looking at ew value, I did fancy Champers on Ice myself to be fair
                        I don't see any other race Barters can run in paz. He doesn;t have the speed for the other novice hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                          I love the horse paz but he does hit the odd hurdle. A worthy favourite but not a cert in my book.

Comment

Ben Pauling would argue that LR, though I agree this race is better suited to him.
                            He's a great old fashioned battler who just doesn't let horses past, an owners dream, I'm in the 'certainty' camp with this one....

Comment

I wonder if Bleu et Rouges will end up here ?

There have been two French Bred 5 year old winners from 12 runners. Another 2nd and two 4th.

Mullins ran two of them last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X