Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Mares Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Mares Hurdle

Willie

He said: "Annie Power is coming on slowly but nicely, and I'm happy with where she is at the moment.

"We won't know until she steps up to the next stage of training whether she will have a run before Cheltenham, but the aim is Cheltenham."

( nothing about which race)

<iframe width = 700 height = 900 src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Qfx96vbrTCS9ktGdtyLOJK0NDc4nz6jb_9ksEIKCww/pubhtml?gid=1185951867&amp;single=true&amp;widget= true&amp;headers=false"></iframe>
    Last edited by Old Vic; 22 January 2016, 04:03 PM.

I NEED Annie in here. My doubles and trebles ride on it haha

Comment

I think you'll be OK KSS

Comment

Hope so mate, have her in nice prices with douvan and the 2s that were briefly madly available on faugheen

Comment

For me she's a certainty to show up for the Mares.
          Anyone looking to have an AP interest on any horse could do worse than have half their intended stake on their selection and the other half in a double with Annie Power, best price Evs and exactly 2 to back on the 'fair, she'll be 8/11 on the day without a prep and if she does run, and runs well, she'll be 4/7 or shorter....

Comment

Here's another thought regarding AP bets, I didn't realise until recently that 365 offer cash out on them, so if you add something that you know will be backed between now and the fez you could be in profit before a hoof hits the hallowed turf

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
              Here's another thought regarding AP bets, I didn't realise until recently that 365 offer cash out on them, so if you add something that you know will be backed between now and the fez you could be in profit before a hoof hits the hallowed turf
              Only on races that are NRNB.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                Only on races that are NRNB.
                Wouldn't be too sure about that LR, I had a roll up on the Christmas racing placed on 9th Dec which included 4 horses, Faugheen, Cue Card, Arctic fire and Don poli, I had Arctic fire in the Ryanair hurdle and he was about to run in the 3 miler the day before, I checked "my bets" 15 mins before the off and 365 were offering me a cash out on the bet. This was a real surprise to me, a welcome one, but the cash out is obviously automatically generated and it was 11 times my original stake, so I took it, but these weren't nrnb, and I had chosen the wrong race, plus the horse lost so it's definitely worth keeping an eye on ap bets, unless this was an anomaly.
                Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 8 January 2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                  Wouldn't be too sure about that LR, I had a roll up on the Christmas racing placed on 9th Dec which included 4 horses, Faugheen, Cue Card, Arctic fire and Don poli, I had Arctic fire in the Ryanair hurdle and he was about to run in the 3 miler the day before, I checked "my bets" 15 mins before the off and 365 were offering me a cash out on the bet. This was a real surprise to me, a welcome one, but the cash out is obviously automatically generated and it was 11 times my original stake, so I took it, but these weren't nrnb, and I had chosen the wrong race, plus the horse lost so it's definitely worth keeping an eye on ap bets, unless this was an anomaly.
                  Wow, this is interesting MMG. I will keep an eye on my Cheltenham AP acca's.

Did the cash out only show up on the last leg?

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                    Wow, this is interesting MMG. I will keep an eye on my Cheltenham AP acca's.

Did the cash out only show up on the last leg?
                    No, it actually showed up with 2 to run, Don Poli, Lexus, and Arctic fire, but the really interesting thing is that I had Arctic fire to run in the Ryanair and I was offered cash out the day before, 15 mins before the 3 miler, which he ran in, but the Ryanair entry was still in place. So the cash out is obviously automatically generated, had it been odds compilers they would have known the horse wouldn't be running the following day so the bet would have been dead

Comment

I think it must be an anomaly, or it differs between customers. I only get a cash out option when I bring on day of race markets.

That is a stroke of luck though MMG. I agreed that it must all be automated - a lad I work with got paid out on a football coupon by B365, and the bet actually lost. He was betting over 2.5 goals, his final match (in a south american league) scored in the last minute to make it 2-1 but it was supposedly ruled out for offside. The game finished 1-1, yet when he checked his account the next day, he'd been paid out. It was for almost £1k too.

I always check my losing coupons now, just in case they made a mistake in their favor!!

Comment

Mullins told the sponsor " I'm very keen to bring her over for the OLBG Mares' Hurdle at Ascot on Saturday. She's entered in the World Hurdle and the OLBG Mares' Hurdle at the Festival and Saturday will help us decide which route to take."

Vroum Vroum Mag is one of 12 entries for the Ascot Grade Two contest, with Desert Queen, Aurore D'Estruval and The Govaness among her possible opponents.

Mullins has claimed the Mares' Hurdle at Cheltenham for the past seven years, with the brilliant Quevega winning six times in a row.

Glens Melody prevailed last March after her more illustrious stable companion Annie Power suffered a well-publicised fall at the final flight, with victory seemingly in the bag.

Annie Power has not been seen in competitive action this season due to a setback, but is on the road to recovery.

"She's galloping again and progressing nicely, but we have no firm plans as of yet," said Mullins.

Comment

I expect they are desperate to get a run into Annie Power before Cheltenham.
                          Barry Geraghty was adamant that her last flight tumble in 2015 was because she hadn't seen a racecourse for so long and effectively forgot the potential impact of a serious mistake in race conditions, a prep race and she would have remembered what to do when meeting a flight on a poor stride...

Comment

Comment

Quotes from Wille today in the daily mirror. Most likely goes straight to Cheltenham

Comment

Working...
                              X