Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Neptune Novices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Neptune Novices.

The one I like in this one is Yorkhill 16s in most places. Won a point to point which is Irish always a good sign. Also one of Mullins.

I see Modus starts tomorrow over 2m 3f. Now running in JPs colours which I must have missed.

Comment

Penglai Pavilion stands out for me, thought he had a serious chance in the Supreme but they tried him over the Neptune trip 3 weeks ago and he relished the trip so he would be my pick.
      Goes again Friday....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Penglai Pavilion stands out for me, thought he had a serious chance in the Supreme but they tried him over the Neptune trip 3 weeks ago and he relished the trip so he would be my pick.
        Goes again Friday....
        Agree 100%. He, Baccasson and Barters Hill are the three best novice hurdlers we have seen imo.

It will be interesting to see how Modus gets on. I think Bellshill is the only Cheltenham Bumper horse to go out and win a race since.

Comment

Modus & Penglai Pavilion are also in my to follow list this season! Hoping they confirm expectations..

Comment

Modus wins but not overly impressed here. Runner up rated 128 and giving him 10lbs 3 lengths back.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Modus shows a nice turn of foot to scamper clear on hurdling debut <a href="https://twitter.com/TauntonRacing">@TauntonRacing</a>. Lovely prospect for <a href="https://twitter.com/PFNicholls">@PFNicholls</a>. <a href="https://t.co/WE3vMkOlKv">https://t.co/WE3vMkOlKv</a></p>&mdash; At The Races (@AtTheRaces) <a href="https://twitter.com/AtTheRaces/status/664817107062816769">November 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
            Last edited by mayo; 12 November 2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Modus was clearly far from being pushed all the way, just put in a peformance which was good enough to win, the thing to take away was that he still retains that turn of foot going over hurdles and was reasonably slick over them too, as for penglai pavilion is there any excuse we know for getting absolutely hammered by shantou village?? shantou now to the top of the early neptune market, will that be his destination come the festival, seems logical...

Comment

Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
                Modus was clearly far from being pushed all the way, just put in a peformance which was good enough to win, the thing to take away was that he still retains that turn of foot going over hurdles and was reasonably slick over them too, as for penglai pavilion is there any excuse we know for getting absolutely hammered by shantou village?? shantou now to the top of the early neptune market, will that be his destination come the festival, seems logical...
                I think Penglai might have run into a few decent ones but probably didnt stay the trip on the ground ? Havent heard any excuses.

Modus did it well enough and is still learning. Good educational ride from Barry.

Comment

American Tom a talking horse in the past few days ...any news out there ?

Comment

Impressed by Yorkhill today - will be a guessing game as to where him and Bellshill end up...

Comment

Is there anyone that thinks Moonracer could possibly run Neptune instead of Supreme?

Comment

Originally posted by Unaitsert11 View Post
                        Is there anyone that thinks Moonracer could possibly run Neptune instead of Supreme?
                        I think they will struggle to get him into a position where he can win at Cheltenham, he's been on the easy list according to Pipe for a while and I've no idea how long it takes a horse to go from that to being a Supreme winner.
                        Obviously you'd want him to have a couple of outings and prove not just his wellbeing but that he can get over timber.
                        If he's not out competing in January he will probably be held over to Aintree/Punchestown, he could even be held over until the next season starts and head for the Supreme in 2017

Comment

Bellshill looked very good today, I can see this one being the Mullins Neptune horse with Min for the Supreme and Yorkhill upped in trip for Albert Bartlett.

Comment

Yorkhill - Supreme, Bellshill - Neptune, Up for Review - Albert Bartlett.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                              Impressed by Yorkhill today - will be a guessing game as to where him and Bellshill end up...
                              Wylie has a good half-dozen high-class novice hurdlers in his colours this season with the trainer and said: "We think Up For Review is probably going to go for the Albert Bartlett. Between Bellshill and Yorkhill, they're both probably two-and-a-half-mile horses and they could both go for the Neptune or maybe one go for the Supreme - Ruby tells me Bellshill has the more speed, but I just don't know."

Comment

Working...
                              X