Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Arkle Trophy Novices Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Arkle Trophy Novices Chase

I've had my first ante post single for next years festival. Cyrus Darius at 16/1 for the Arkle. I was really impressed on Friday and feel he is slightly overpriced.

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I've had my first ante post single for next years festival. Cyrus Darius at 16/1 for the Arkle. I was really impressed on Friday and feel he is slightly overpriced.
    Haven't seen him FM, might be worth sticking on the horses to follow thread with some detail about him if you have time

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
      Haven't seen him FM, might be worth sticking on the horses to follow thread with some detail about him if you have time
      Ill help here

Likeable performance.
      Last edited by Old Vic; 22 January 2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks fellas, I loves me long range Chelters bets so I'll have a dabble on that

Comment

No question at all.

Faugheen runs in champion hurdle.
          Douvan runs in the arkle.

Comment

Agreed - saw an interview with Ruby on RTE who suggested that it was convenient Mr. Ricci didn't have an Arkle Horse as Douvan looks perfect for it, and also fits well with avoiding the machine..

Comment

2016 Arkle Trophy Novices Chase

2016 Arkle Trophy Odds

<iframe width=700 height =900 src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Qfx96vbrTCS9ktGdtyLOJK0NDc4nz6jb_9ksEIKCww/pubhtml?gid=2097658512&amp;single=true&amp;widget= true&amp;headers=false"></iframe>
              Last edited by Old Vic; 22 January 2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Henderson tends to like the Arkle so L'ami Serge and MTOY of definite interest at those prices, also Vyta Du Roc but that one campaigned over longer last few runs

Comment

I like Lami Serge too Paz. With Jezki now a three miler ? I dont see an obvious McManus contender for the Champion Hurdle so thought MTOY might stay hurdling ? Cant be too long until Hendersons owners day.

Comment

Yes MG, it was More of That I read goes chasing not MTOY, can't see Hargam going Champ Hur just because of the ground that we normally get at The Fest so they may well give MTOY another crack at it as he hasn't got anything I can think of in Ireland as think Kitten Rock is going chasing to

Comment

Kitten Rock

After race at Gowran Park Sat, 14th Feb, 2015 (1st) He was very relaxed today and never turned a hair beforehand but Mark said he came alive at the second last and he was delighted,. I'll have to chat with JP and Frank (Berry) to see what they want to do. The plan is to have one more run this season, and it will either be the Champion Hurdle or the Ballybin Hurdle (Grade 2) at Fairyhouse on Easter Monday. They usually have some ease in the ground on the first day at Cheltenham. He did a bit of work on good ground the other day before the rain came and I was thrilled with him, although I wouldn't say he'd want fast ground. He's gone through the gears this season winning a Listed, Grade 3 and now a Grade 2, so it's logical to keep going. I look at him as a chaser for next season. E J O'Grady

A 153 rated hurdler going chasing would have a good shout in a normal year but with Douvan around

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehaa View Post
                        Kitten Rock

After race at Gowran Park Sat, 14th Feb, 2015 (1st) He was very relaxed today and never turned a hair beforehand but Mark said he came alive at the second last and he was delighted,. I'll have to chat with JP and Frank (Berry) to see what they want to do. The plan is to have one more run this season, and it will either be the Champion Hurdle or the Ballybin Hurdle (Grade 2) at Fairyhouse on Easter Monday. They usually have some ease in the ground on the first day at Cheltenham. He did a bit of work on good ground the other day before the rain came and I was thrilled with him, although I wouldn't say he'd want fast ground. He's gone through the gears this season winning a Listed, Grade 3 and now a Grade 2, so it's logical to keep going. I look at him as a chaser for next season. E J O'Grady

A 153 rated hurdler going chasing would have a good shout in a normal year but with Douvan around
                        Thanks Yeehaa 👍🏻

Comment

Been reading a lot that mullins would be considering taking Douvan down the same route as Vatour and running him in the JLT Novice Chase, anyone think there's substance to that or is he destined for the Arkle being how quick he was in the supreme and the Arkle being over the shorter distance...???

Comment

The usual will they won't they gjt, once again Ricci states the Arkle looks an obvious target for Douvan and then WM comes out and says something like that �� until they line up its a minefield I'm afraid

Comment

Small interview with Willie Mullins shown on ATR this morning. He says there have been no issues so far, Douvan has put on some condition over the summer and has filled out and Faugheen looks to have even more condition than last year which is exciting. Gary O'Brien asked Willie about Douvans plans (mentioning the Arkle) but WPM said all is still to be decided.

Comment

Working...
                              X