Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Queen Mother Champion Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Queen Mother Champion Chase

Uxizandre was the year ahead Pricewise pick ...33s somewhere

10 year winners table

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RdTHKkDfKpKoTwdXNWPri6HqiqpXjh5C8P1E812Pxcg/embed?start=true&loop=true&delayms=15000" frameborder="0" width="720" height="434" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

Odds Table

<iframe width=720 height =565 src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_7NQHlIE3vs4SmZnfenm-bKs-OzsxHnLbi7Tehj5h60/pubhtml?gid=329721173&amp;single=true&amp;widget=t rue&amp;headers=false"></iframe>
    Last edited by Old Vic; 19 March 2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hope we see an old pretender coming to the fore of this market tomorrow in sprinter sacre, would be great to see him up against Un De Sceaux come the festival with both at the top of there game, but clearly if the former named horse was to really return surely there would only be one winner and would be a hell of a lot shorter than 16/1 in the market, surely if the stable had confidence they would be lapping up these early prices, we all know they like a flutter in seven barrows, and we would have see some sort of market move already...

Comment

Ur right gjt, no 16's around now, with this and the defeat of Faugheen it looks like there are several cats amongst a large flock of pigeons, could be an interesting few weeks in the fez build up

Comment

That was actually amazing to see today, one of the first moments of the season which properly made my hairs stand on end and that tingling sensation in your arms, absolutely fantastic, just what i wanted to see and could only imagine the whole racing world wanted to see, hopefully he goes on from this, stays sound and sets up a mouth watering clash with Un De Sceaux at the festival...!! Come on now lads what are we all saying about the queen mother???

Comment

As impressive as SS was today, that was a pretty poor race. I remain to be convinced that he can regain his crown in March. If he is back to something like his best, it'll be some training performance!!

Comment

I wouldn't go as far to say today's race was poor, granted he was receiving 10lb from Mr Mole, but he's beat somersby, of level weights, into 2nd by 14 lengths, and i know were all probably thinking it's only somersby but lets not forget that for the last two years somersby has filled the same roll in the champion chase by coming 2nd and that can be not be done by luck, so is the form of today's race really that poor, by virtue of form lines it's actually not that bad, simply ned is no mug in the chasing ranks and he was at least 20 lengths back today, but i do agree he has some way to go to regain his crown but at the end of the day it wasn't a bad start

Comment

Good to have SS back.
                Being a 10 year old come March puts a big question mark over him being able to regain his 2m crown, but I guess having had all of 2014 off the track he has less miles on the clock than most 10 year olds that have taken their chance in the race.
                The great Moscow Flyer being the last double digit winner of the race....

Comment

Division looks weak enough so would rule him out of regaining it.

Comment

I think it would be epic to see UDS take off in his usual style and give Sprinter have something to aim at...track records could be smashed on decent ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                      I think it would be epic to see UDS take off in his usual style and give Sprinter have something to aim at...track records could be smashed on decent ground.
                      with Simonsig settled in behind

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                        with Simonsig settled in behind
                        And Vautour's nose stuck between UDS's butt cheeks

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                          And Vautour's nose stuck between UDS's butt cheeks
                          could be busy up front if Uxizandre switched to two miles

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehaa View Post
                            could be busy up front if Uxizandre switched to two miles
                            I've actually had a few quid ew on Uxizandre for this Yeehaa, I remember McCoy being interviewed on the way back to the winners enclosure after hosing up in the Ryanair, when asked about the horse's future he said "He'll be a great ride for somebody in the Champion Chase next year" so he must think he could hold his own over 2 miles. Just fyi I've doubled him up ew with Peace & co for the Champion hurdle. Interesting also that Vautour has been pushed out for the QM, still think there's a chance he turns up there though, I just can't see them wasting a horse like him on the Ryanair, if he fails to impress over further that is. The latest entry for Vautour is over 2m 5f, so his first try at 3m could be the KG, in my view this still wouldn't confirm that he would get the Gold cup trip, win or lose, but I suppose it would be the manner of a win that would be the important factor. What also throws a spanner in the works is how wound up Vautour would be at Christmas, he wasn't last year.

Comment

I like the idea of Vautour in the Champion Chase. I think he could be the new Kauto and have the ability to win at anything between 2m and 3m when on form.

Seagal tipped Uxizandre in RP for champion chase after last years Ryanair.

Comment

Working...
                              X