Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Favourite Cheltenham moment 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Cheltenham moment 2015

There were many great performances at the festival this year. I want to know everyone's favourite moment and why (financial gains aside)?

I'll kick us off with Coneygree. I thought it was a spectacular display of jumping in the Gold Cup. I could watch him jump those fences in the home straight all day with those shots from the side of the fences.

Coneygree definitely up there. Along with other taking chasers UDS, Vautour and Uxizandre bowling along out in front, all of them jumped superbly at speed all the way round.

The one run that really stood out to me though was Moon Racer in the bumper. Virtually last turning downhill he scythed through the field in great style and finished really strongly. Modus also with some credit as he did a similar job to come 2nd. Was really good to watch IMO

Comment

I thought Vautour was the most striking performance of the week. I thought his jumping might be a weakness :o.

Coneygree was stunning too.

McCoy going in and out for Grand Annual was pretty emotional. Great reception.

Comment

Purely from a financial point of view Martello Tower was my highlight. Thanks to Paz who put him up here after Christmas.

A changing of the guard Festival...racing highlights were all down to Novices.

Annie Power getting up hardly my favourite moment but I can see why it was Riccis highlight.

Comment

my highlight was probably Aux Ptits Soins. Lumped abit on him as a lot of people were talking him up and it was great to see him deliver!

Comment

Working...
          X