Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Gold Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Gold Cup

Surely have to include Conygree after that amazing performance.Also where does Don Police fit in.

2016 Gold Cup

2016 Gold Cup Odds

<iframe width=720 height=800 src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_7NQHlIE3vs4SmZnfenm-bKs-OzsxHnLbi7Tehj5h60/pubhtml?gid=592616170&amp;single=true&amp;widget=t rue&amp;headers=false"></iframe>

Winners 2006-2015

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Rc3zVeX3lfZ7BI3YAonHgSUUMH1dE3osSFt3m5nDETo/embed?start=true&loop=true&delayms=10000" frameborder="0" width="720" height="434" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
    Last edited by Old Vic; 2 August 2015, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Hes tempting me at the minute Djakadam at 14's

Comment

betvictors coneygree price looks wrong.

Ma Filleule deserves a quote ?

Comment

Prob cause not many horses retain Gold Cup Old Vic. Why his odds are 10/1 in some places.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
            Prob cause not many horses retain Gold Cup Old Vic. Why his odds are 10/1 in some places.
            Good point Liam, plus look at the potential competition next year, Djakadam will be 7, more experienced and stronger, Don Poli will be trained for the race all year, and Vautour, if aimed at this, looks unbeatable over any distance he can stay, I have a feeling he could go to the Ryanair though, especially if Djakadam trains on, Ricci surely won't want 2 in the Gold cup when he would have a strong chance of a Champ hurdle/Arkle/QM/Ryanair/Gold cup 5 timer, now there's an acca I'm gonna place

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
              Good point Liam, plus look at the potential competition next year, Djakadam will be 7, more experienced and stronger, Don Poli will be trained for the race all year, and Vautour, if aimed at this, looks unbeatable over any distance he can stay, I have a feeling he could go to the Ryanair though, especially if Djakadam trains on, Ricci surely won't want 2 in the Gold cup when he would have a strong chance of a Champ hurdle/Arkle/QM/Ryanair/Gold cup 5 timer, now there's an acca I'm gonna place
              Paddy Power are doing 20/1 on a Mullins Feature race clean sweep next year. World Hurdle the weak link ? Heard Annie might be retired ?

Willie

"My first thought is that we should go for the Gold Cup with Don Poli, Djakadam and Vautour next season, whether or not we divide it for Ryanair-Gold Cup we'll see," said Mullins.

"I suppose if they all had different owners, we'd be going Gold Cup. I think Vautour will get the trip too. There is no reason, I think, to say that he won't.

"Don Poli has Gold Cup written all over him, while Djakadam ran a fantastic race in it; it was some performance from Coneygree, and we had no excuses. The first three home were terrific. We could even aim Valseur Lido at it next year too."

A 2016 clean sweep of the Stan James Champion Hurdle, Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase, Ladbrokes World Hurdle and Gold Cup is rated a 20-1 chance by Paddy Power, the man himself saying on Saturday: "Willie's horses were in savage form at Cheltenham over the last week and it certainly wouldn't be the most unlikely 20-1 shot if he landed the big four there in 2016."

Mullins has the ante-post favourite for next year's Champion Hurdle in this year's winner Faugheen, the market leader for the Champion Chase in this week's Racing Post Arkle winner Un De Sceaux, while Annie Power - who fell at the last with the Mares' Hurdle in the bag on Tuesday - is World Hurdle favourite with bet365, Betfair and Betway.

Vautour and stablemate Don Poli - the RSA Chase winner - dispute market leadership in the Gold Cup.

Comment

Stupid me, of course I'm thinking UDS as part of that acca for the QM which isn't a Ricci horse, still placed the multi bet with the other 4 Ricci's anyway, gonna go even heavier on antepost bets this year, increases your options massively if you get a good start.

Comment

Stupid me, of course I'm thinking UDS as part of that acca for the QM which isn't a Ricci horse, still placed the multi bet with the other 4 Ricci's anyway, gonna go even heavier on antepost bets this year, increases your options massively if you get a good start.
                  I am a bit torn on strategy. The novice events are a no go area until much later in the year but think there could be some juice in the other markets. For all that couldnt have predicted Champion Chase World Hurdle or Gold Cup winners last week ....must have been 100/1 shots on Betfair this time last year ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                    I am a bit torn on strategy. The novice events are a no go area until much later in the year but think there could be some juice in the other markets. For all that couldnt have predicted Champion Chase World Hurdle or Gold Cup winners last week ....must have been 100/1 shots on Betfair this time last year ?
                    I think part of my strategy will be to ignore the old guard of chasers that have been battling out the top races. This years Gold cup has made me realise what poor fayre they have served us over the past few years, not one of the established stars, [so called] managed to get into the first 4, and they were well beaten by novices and second seasone chasers, so maybe we are in for a period were the championship races will be fought out by horses worthy of the name "Champion"
                    Couple this with trying to pinpoint certain horses targets, and then mix them up in accas and other various multiples, because once their targets are more obvious the prices will be prohibitive, so I'll risk losing some antepost stakes to establish a strong position well ahead of next years fez.

Comment

The first trials

Comment

Vautour

Comment

Coneygree

Last edited by mayo; 16 March 2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

BetVictor Racing ‏@BetVictorRacing 40s40 seconds ago

The 2016 Cheltenham Gold Cup's shaping up nicely!
                            Vautour 9/2
                            Don Poli 5/1
                            Coneygree 8/1
                            Djakadam 10/1
                            Saphir Du Rheu 16/1 (first show)

Comment

Aintree: next target for Don Cossack the 2016 Cheltenham GC says trainer Gordon Elliott after striking 26L win under AP McCoy (3-25)

Comment

Working...
                              X