Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

How every one do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How every one do?

Worst Cheltenham for me in ages. One winner all week Dodging Bullets. Had 6 2nds all week bloody annoying. £200 down with get a bit of money back from most of the 2nds.

My second losing Cheltenham in last 10. Put too much of my bank on Sprinter Sacre and had a large bit of second and fourth itis. Recovered well on Thursday and Friday. Mortello Tower was my biggest winner of the week but also took a few of the price boosts on Peace & Co and stuck a few £ on New Sensation at off in Grand Annual.

Comment

It was my best Cheltenham yet and finished the week around £12k up. Most of that was because of Faugheen bringing up the last leg of some long term multiples.

I went down to the rail to watch the champion hurdle and will never forget the feeling I got when Faugheen came past us! Unbelievable! I even got interviewed by Helen Skelton after the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        It was my best Cheltenham yet and finished the week around £12k up. Most of that was because of Faugheen bringing up the last leg of some long term multiples.

I went down to the rail to watch the champion hurdle and will never forget the feeling I got when Faugheen came past us! Unbelievable! I even got interviewed by Helen Skelton after the race.
        Well done. Was thinking of your bet on Tuesday.

Comment

Cheers OV. What a night I had on the Tuesday, so much so that I didn't make the races on Wednesday!

Comment

Cheers OV. What a night I had on the Tuesday, so much so that I didn't make the races on Wednesday!
            I might have done better not to go on Weds myself ! Did you find the 21 club at any stage ? Crazy night there last night.

Comment

Congrats FM.
              I always wanted to say this - "I told you so".

I started the festival with the least anti-post bets for day one thinking it would be a slow start but it ended up being my best day with the WM acca's and CH tricast that paid 86.5. I also lumped on Coneygree.
              My biggest winner was 33/1 with WB in the County. Saw it coming after the same owners tried it last year in the same race with AF. Why would you bring the horse to the festival after 2 very poor runs?

All in all I started with a few k anti-post bets and ended with a nice 5 figure return. Could have been better subject to a big punt on the so called Pendra tip and Quantitativeeasing getting bumped off. All in all I can't complain.

I like to say thank you to all the FJ members for a great build up and I look forward to speaking to everyone again next year, though I may give Aintree a shot a week before if I get the time.

Good luck guys and bet safe.
              Last edited by loveracing; 14 March 2015, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Best return ever, everything coming from antepost bets though prior to Friday, so would have been a disastrous first 3 days without those. When Faugheen won and Hurricane Fly got placed, which I was always confident he would, my festival was assured. Then following a washout on Wednesday courtesy of SDG I was reliant on Vautour,[4/1] for the 3rd leg of a treble with Faugheen [4/1], UDS [6/1], so when he won I was ecstatic, and what a win. The icing on the cake came from Peace and Co who I had in an antepost single at 5/1, and in a multi with Douvan and Faugheen again. So bottom line is that my fez pretty much revolved around Faugheen who I started backing just after he won at Punchestown last April with a starting price of 6/1, had he lost I would have had a completely different Cheltenham. Following P & C I backed Wicklow Brave EW, 25/1, didn't get the 33's like LR, not complaining though.
                I'll try to find a couple to feed money onto for next year now, nothing completely obvious at the mo, difficult to know what any of the Mullins horses will be aimed at, but what a prospect for some of the championship races next season, I might try to get a few quid ew on Uxizandre for the QM, might not be a bad bet for a place, but as I say it's very muddy for the time being.

Comment

Well done all.

It is fairly clear that the accas are the thing that allows us to win big. By their nature more will lose than win but get one or two right and you are home and hosed.

Will try and keep the site focused on big Saturday/Sunday racing and festival meetings going forward. Will dig up trends for Aintree - Punchestown - Royal Ascot and the Irish and Scottish National meetings. Would be great to get your views along the way...

Comment

Ended up about £30 in profit.

Irish Cavalier, Moon Racer and Peace & Co were all winners for me.

Comment

Had a slow first couple days, until Moon Racer got me level for the week, and then Vautour filled a little multiple to leave me freerolling the week.

That said, I'd have been having a month in Florida, if Annie Power had managed to stand up

Coneygree was the highlight for me, and I have to thank Will Hayler at the Sporting Life for bringing my attention to the fact they might run her in the GC.

Couple weeks until Aintree. and only a few months until we can start backing horses for next year again...

Congrats to all who cleaned up, and commiserations to all who didn't have much good fortune this time.

Fingers crossed there will be a big priced winner of the National, and you'll all be on

Will try to make a point of popping in through the summer, even though there isn't much going on post Aintree...

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                        Congrats FM.
                        I always wanted to say this - "I told you so".

I started the festival with the least anti-post bets for day one thinking it would be a slow start but it ended up being my best day with the WM acca's and CH tricast that paid 86.5. I also lumped on Coneygree.
                        My biggest winner was 33/1 with WB in the County. Saw it coming after the same owners tried it last year in the same race with AF. Why would you bring the horse to the festival after 2 very poor runs?

All in all I started with a few k anti-post bets and ended with a nice 5 figure return. Could have been better subject to a big punt on the so called Pendra tip and Quantitativeeasing getting bumped off. All in all I can't complain.

I like to say thank you to all the FJ members for a great build up and I look forward to speaking to everyone again next year, though I may give Aintree a shot a week before if I get the time.

Good luck guys and bet safe.

Great Minds! won over a grand on Wicklow brave at 33-1 ! it was obvious mullins was targeting the £100k bonus for the imperial cup county hurdle double, he didn't get away from the standing start in the imperial cup but watching him cruise to the front in the county was amazing!

finished around £4k up! reinvesting for next year now!

Comment

Had an incredible week. £833 profit.

Had 13 winners out of 27 races and that doesn't include Shaneshill who I backed in the without Douvan market. That was from backing an average of just over two horses a race.

Well done to everyone else.

I thought the horse to take out of Cheltenham that isn't an obvious Willie Mullins horse is Wait For Me. Pulled Johnson's arms out for most of the way in the bumper and is 25/1 for next years supreme with Paddy Power (although Willie will probably have another French star lined up for that).

Comment

Originally posted by Mytentoryours View Post
                            Had an incredible week. £833 profit.

Had 13 winners out of 27 races and that doesn't include Shaneshill who I backed in the without Douvan market. That was from backing an average of just over two horses a race.

Well done to everyone else.

I thought the horse to take out of Cheltenham that isn't an obvious Willie Mullins horse is Wait For Me. Pulled Johnson's arms out for most of the way in the bumper and is 25/1 for next years supreme with Paddy Power (although Willie will probably have another French star lined up for that).
                            Definitely agree on Wait for me, like you say though Mullins and co will be scouring the French countryside as we speak looking for the next bunch of world beating juveniles.

Comment

Had a decent week resulting in £800 profit. Had Annie negotiated the last it would have been £1700 - I would say C'est la Vie, but then again, we have definitely not seen anything like that before !!

Stand out above odds winners were Douvan at 12s and Don Poli at 8s. Nice touch on Irish Cavalier at 20s and 16s.
                              Biggest let down was Champagne James. Nabbed 25s EW with B365 for Kim Muir once he was NR in the nov hcap and was fully anticipating a massive run when he was backed into 4s before the off. Love Katie Walsh to bits, but oh my dear, she had a brainfade on this occasion.

Comment

Working...
                              X