Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Whats everyone plans for Cheltenham week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats everyone plans for Cheltenham week?

Mine is ante post bets max £200. Then look at form monday night. Tuesday is me least betting day. Only do 3 races on Tuesday. Annie Power always to short. So arkle favourite usually. Then Wednesday me day where i start betting on festival big time. Thursday day at the pub Ladbrokes next door. Then friday 12 of us getting drunk at pub makes it really good final day.

Tuesday - Wake up and watch The Morning Line, start studying the handicap "runners" and then I give enough money for the family to go out while I open the laptop with eyes glued to the TV.

Wednesday - Wake up and watch The Morning Line, start studying the handicap "runners" and then I give enough money for the family to go out while I open the laptop with eyes glued to the TV.

Thursday - Wake up and watch The Morning Line, start studying the handicap "runners" and then I give enough money for the family to go out while I open the laptop with eyes glued to the TV.

Friday - Wake up and watch The Morning Line, start studying the handicap "runners" and then I give enough money for the family to go out while I open the laptop with eyes glued to the TV.

Comment

MONDAY: Travel down Monday like giddy school children about to break-up for Christmas. Get to our stop off pub at Evesham and a lovely meal. Stop at the Course and have a good look round at any changes. Go on to our cottage and then go our around Cheltenham at night to get in the party atmosphere. No doubt drop on some lovely Irish folks telling us the winners of the 1st 4 races (99% of the time they're wrong) but nice to see them all.

TUESDAY: Very, very giddy at breakfast into town early and study the ass off Racing Post. Commit to final selections. Walk up to the course with the world's biggest smile!! :-D Do placepot, punting energy at a ridiculous high, forget or should I say change all selections and love every minute.

WEDSNESDAY - FRIDAY - repeat TUESDAY

Until then?? Be very giddy.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Welcome jokersjow.

I do the week now too.

Love Monday night in Cheltenham. Everyones dreams are still alive then.

Monday is civilised but gradually cranks up throughout the week finishing with a grand finale in the 21 Club on Friday night.

Morning Line is essential as is the RP.

Try to do most of my betting before going to course and maybe half of it antepost.

On Saturday start counting the days to next year ( and Aintree).

Comment

I bet in quite small amounts compared to most, so normally do most of my betting antepost at the bigger prices.

I've been pretty lucky the last few years, in that the attrition rate of my AP bets has been quite low.

Same as most, watch TML every morning while putting some punty accas together, and trying to get lucky in the handicaps

Comment

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
            I bet in quite small amounts compared to most, so normally do most of my betting antepost at the bigger prices.

I've been pretty lucky the last few years, in that the attrition rate of my AP bets has been quite low.

Same as most, watch TML every morning while putting some punty accas together, and trying to get lucky in the handicaps
            great name tim

Comment

Up with the lark, down to earliest opening paper shop to get the Racing Post, back home in time for a quick read before the morning line comes on. Alternate between tv and RP, plus will be checking in here, then as the excitement builds off into the garage for a hour on my running machine to release some adrenalin before it explodes out of the top of my head. Back in, shower then settle down for the main event, everyone sent away, similar to LR, with instructions for no mither till after 6.0pm, relax, sleep, repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                Tuesday - Wake up and watch The Morning Line, start studying the handicap "runners" and then I give enough money for the family to go out while I open the laptop with eyes glued to the TV.

Wednesday - Wake up and watch The Morning Line, start studying the handicap "runners" and then I give enough money for the family to go out while I open the laptop with eyes glued to the TV.

Thursday - Wake up and watch The Morning Line, start studying the handicap "runners" and then I give enough money for the family to go out while I open the laptop with eyes glued to the TV.

Friday - Wake up and watch The Morning Line, start studying the handicap "runners" and then I give enough money for the family to go out while I open the laptop with eyes glued to the TV.
                That sounds like a lot of my Saturdays

Comment

I'll probably go Tuesday and Wednesday. Struggling to get Friday off at the minute

Comment

Originally posted by roose88 View Post
                    great name tim
                    Haha, thanks

Great show, and one of many superb characters!

Comment

I tendusually go to my local pub for the week with the rest of the racing fans from my town. However this year 6 of us are going to Cheltenham for the Tuesday and Wednesday. We are getting the train down on Monday, and the train back to Carlisle on Thursday morning to ensure we are back in the pub for Thursdays racing.

I'm not sure what Cheltenham will have in store for us but I can't bloody wait!

Comment

Tues and Weds are the best days FM.

I'd love to do them all but Thursday's action just drops off a notch and Friday gets a weekend "festival" crowd.

Tuesday and Wednesday is for the hardcore jumps fan

Comment

Ive only been once for my sins,2011 on the weds,thurs but it was brill, never forget the sight of Big Bucks storming up the hill, gives me goose bumps thinking about it, this year down the local tues to thurs with all mad mates fevered up and ready for action then heading over to belfast for gold cup day with irish pals, wont be abke to sleep on the monday nite, getting totally excited just thinking about it:o

Comment

I love the festival and all the build up. I start looking at trends and reading previews from Feb onwards, trying to work out what will run where. The last few years i have only gone on the Tuesday but before that went for a few days. I love the Tuesday though- the roar when the supreme goes off. We get to cheltenham early and have a breakfast in the wetherspoons along with the odd guinness and the walk up to the course - everyone still full of dreams that this is the year.
                            I used to stop for a hot toddy but now it is straight down to the village for some more guinness and the placepots. then head back up the hill just past the finish line to get set for the off and try and spot some prices at the bookies.

will watch the rest of the week in at home- few jobs in the morning after the morning line and then everything stops at 12.30 to get set.. Best week of the year

Comment

Booked the week off work.

Going with Mrs for Champion Hurdle.

She is back at work on Wed, so the rest of the week is paper, morning line, cafe for a full english, bookies, pub.

Comment

Working...
                              X