Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2015 Neptune Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Neptune Novice Hurdle

Previous Winners

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/119whI3SH8hyCgiERPrqwyEeleH6yvYkwm9VhrSWvFkg/embed?start=true&loop=true&delayms=15000" frameborder="0" width="720" height="434" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FmLrkg_fXfTCIJup7Di5geTBIqE6VgYorKGf-lxF-YM/pubhtml?gid=1781017040&single=true&widget=true&hea ders=false" height="980" width="720"></iframe>

Neptune Odds 7/10/14

Shaneshill (10), Allez Colombieres (16), Vigil (16), Sempre Medici (20), Silver Concorde (20), Tell Us More (20), Value At Risk (20), Gaitway (25), Son du Berlais (25), Alisier DIrlande (33), Long Dog (33), Mahler Lad (33), Monbeg Gold (33), Young Mr Gorsky (33)
    Last edited by Old Vic; 7 March 2015, 08:01 AM.

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre
    Silver concorde is running in a 2m maiden at Navan tomorrow
    Very short for Supreme - Cheltenham Bumper winners usually need more than 2 miles over hurdles ?

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre
      Silver concorde is running in a 2m maiden at Navan tomorrow
      Cheltenham bumper winner Silver Concorde warmed up for a novice hurdle campaign this winter when making a winning return to action on the Flat at Navan this afternoon.
      Dermot Weld's charge was sent off 2/5 favourite for his first outing under Flat rules and cruised into contention in the straight in the two mile maiden.

Pat Smullen asked his mount to go on a furlong and a half out but had to get down to work in the closing stages to see off the attentions of 16/1 shot Rightdownthemiddle by three-parts-of-a-length.

The Dansili gelding was having his first run since Punchestown ,when Cheltenham runner-up Shaneshill had gained revenge on him in the Grade 1 bumper.

“He enjoyed his summer break, and this was a nice race to get him started again,” said the trainer's son Kris Weld.

“He probably won’t reappear over hurdles until around Christmas time. He’s a spring horse and wouldn’t want real heavy ground.” < Silver Concorde remains a 14/1 shot for the Supreme Novice Hurdle with Boylesports.

Comment

Champagne Fever completed a double for the Mullins team, with Killultagh Vic getting the day off to a flyer in the opening INH Stallion Owners EBF Maiden Hurdle.

Sixth and fifth respectively in the Cheltenham and Punchestown champion bumpers, the 1/4 favourite made short work of his rivals on his hurdling bow, making most of the running and coming home four and a half lengths clear of Virtuoso Rouge.

"We thought there'd be a lot more pace. We didn't envisage having to make the running, but he jumped well when he got to the front," said Mullins.

"He had point-to-point experience up his sleeve and he galloped on up the hill.

"Looking at what he did today, he should stay further than two and a half miles."

Albert Bartlett horse ?

Comment

Blaklion and No more heroes both impressive this weekend.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>L&#39;ami Serge is the top novice hurdler at present according to <a href="https://twitter.com/Timeform1948">@Timeform1948</a>. <a href="http://t.co/VVmFfRgEpM">pic.twitter.com/VVmFfRgEpM</a></p>&mdash; At The Races (@AtTheRaces) <a href="https://twitter.com/AtTheRaces/status/552062111971409920">January 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

With how L'Ami Serge handled the soft going I'm not sure I would be in a rush to back him on spring ground, he did look good though, another that Henderson is planning to go straight to the festival with, I would like to see how he runs on better ground myself.

Comment

Yep. Hendo did say will be good to soft at best with watering.

Comment

Don't back 3 musketeers

Three Musketeers was an impressive winner of the Grade Two Neptune Investment Novices' Hurdle for the Skelton brothers at Warwick, their local track. Trained by older brother Dan and ridden by Harry, sons of showjumping legend Nick, the five-year-old was too strong for Ballagh.

Former assistant to Paul Nicholls, Dan will resist the temptation to aim Three Musketeers at the Cheltenham Festival.

"My intention would be to go to Aintree if we went to one of the Festivals. He's next season's chaser," Skelton revealed.

Comment

Out Sam form got a nice boost yesterday

Comment

The one im quite like the look of and fits a few stats for this race is Alivisio Ville @ 16's. Wille Mullins Horse.

Comment

The one i like the look of for this race is Alvisio Ville fits a lot of stats for this race. Quite tempting at odds of 16[B]'s aswell.

Comment

Welcome on board Liam.

Mullins has an unbelievable set of horses. He is definitely value if going for this. jP likes one in the Suoreme though ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                            Welcome on board Liam.

Mullins has an unbelievable set of horses. He is definitely value if going for this. jP likes one in the Suoreme though ?
                            Thanks Old Vic. Out Of Shaneshill and Alvisio Ville for the supreme i guess. I reckon Mullins might have 1 left for Supreme yet who we havnt seen.

Comment

I think The good Giggy horse will end up in Neptune too.

Douvan Nicols Canyon in Suoreme.

Comment

Working...
                              X