Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Lexus Chase 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexus Chase 2013

Ruby tips Unioniste on his Paddy Power blog:

Lexus Chase, Leopardstown, December 28

The Lexus Chase at Leopardstown is shaping up to be a cracking race and the first two home . The Gold Cup first and second Bobs Worth and Sir Des Champs could both line up but their reputations have been dented. Bobs Worth was disappointing at Haydock. He looked lethargic and will have to improve drastically to win.

Sir Des Champs took a very heavy fall at the third fence on his seasonal bow at Punchestown. He’ll arrive at the Lexus needing to restore his confidence on what is basically his first run of the season. Aintree winner First Lieutenant has yet to reach the standard he set last season.

Paul Nicholls may send Unioniste over andf he won well at Aintree last time while Jum Culloty’s Lord Windemere won the RSA Chase at the festival last March and was hampered when finishing eighth in the Hennessy at Newbury.

Unionist is an improving five-year-old who stayed on strongly to win in Aintree on his last start. He does have a bit of ground to make up on Lord Windermere on last season’s RSA chase form. Jim Culloty’s charge ran okay in the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury earlier this month and should improve from it.

If I was to select one of these to upstage the big names it would be Unioniste who is a stronger stayer in my eyes.

I hate to hear these two races called Gold Cup trials because they are prestigious Grade One contests in their own right. But both will have a huge effect on the Cheltenham Gold Cup market. Keep an eye on the placed horses in both contests as they could go under the radar come March.
Working...
X