Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2014 Albert Bartlett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Albert Bartlett

Azorian

Afterwards relieved winning trainer Eoin Griffin stated “I was surprised he did that (jumped right) as he never did anything like that before; maybe he was getting a bit lonely in front and I don't think it is an issue.

“Hopefully things will go right for him during the season and while he'll stay at 2m4f for the time being, he could step up further in time. The Monksfield Hurdle in three weeks time is a possibility but we might wait a little longer.

“Today was a relief to get out of the way and he's a horse I hold in high regard and Davy (Russell) liked him too.”
    Last edited by Lester; 17 December 2013, 03:05 PM.

Carrig Mor impressed me last week. I'm going to put him on my horses to follow section.

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
      Carrig Mor impressed me last week. I'm going to put him on my horses to follow section.
      The day before saw the introduction of two interesting recruits to the hurdling division. Oscar Rock, a good bumper horse trained by Harry Fry last season, lashed up at Wetherby, while Carraig Mor, a winning Irish pointer, was equally impressive in hosing up at Uttoxeter. It’s hard to be certain about exactly what was achieved such was their ease of victory, but it’s fair to suggest we are talking a minimum of 140 for both, which means both look extremely exciting prospects.

Comment

Odds and links added on first post
        Last edited by Lester; 17 December 2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lester View Post
          In line with my new work ethic I will update this one later today

looks the same to me

Comment

Surely Briar Hill will head for this race? After yesterday he defo seems more of a stayer and that will free up Faugheen for the Neptune...

Comment

Originally posted by skippymac6 View Post
              Surely Briar Hill will head for this race? After yesterday he defo seems more of a stayer and that will free up Faugheen for the Neptune...
              Hope you have that the wrong way around.

Comment

Haha do you have Faugheen for the AB and Briar Hill for the Neptune??

Comment

Haha do you have Faugheen for the AB and Briar Hill for the Neptune??
                  Yep. Put then up on my blog at start of December http://www.cheltenhamantepost.co.uk/blog.html

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                    Yep. Put then up on my blog at start of December http://www.cheltenhamantepost.co.uk/blog.html

Nice effort Mayo. You do know oddschecker copied it

Put both up in the tipster section in case Vic slates us of going off topic.
                    Last edited by Rhinestone Cowboy; 7 January 2014, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Hi RC.

Dont know how I missed that. Would have been nice to get a link from oddschecker to the blog or my @cheltenhamap twitter account but would be a bit rich of me to kick up a fuss considering amount of cutting and pasting I do. Hopefully bookies will be paying me !

Comment

That race Clondaw Court won yesterday was the same one Ballycasey landed last year before being backed into antepost favourtism for this race last year. Mullins comments would lead you to believe that he is near the top of pecking order at home. Also leaves Ricci with a runner in each of the 3 novice events. He has near favourite / clear favourite in the other two.

Comment

If that's the case that Clondaw Court goes for the AB, surely he'll just let Briar Hill go there too? He has Faugheen who looks tailored made for the Neptune and Vautour (if good enough) for the Supreme. I really don't think that Briar Hill will go for the Neptune so the only other place I can see him ending up is in the Supreme where he would replicate an apparent complete stayer with no pace and have no hope (Champagne Fever 2013....)

Comment

If that's the case that Clondaw Court goes for the AB, surely he'll just let Briar Hill go there too? He has Faugheen who looks tailored made for the Neptune and Vautour (if good enough) for the Supreme. I really don't think that Briar Hill will go for the Neptune so the only other place I can see him ending up is in the Supreme where he would replicate an apparent complete stayer with no pace and have no hope (Champagne Fever 2013....)
                            A bit of 40s on Betfair for Briar Hill in Supreme. Dont think Vautour has shown enough on track to say its totally settled.

Comment

Triolo Dalene eligible ? entered at Donny over Hurdles on Saturday as well as Argento

Comment

Working...
                              X