Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Betting newbie looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betting newbie looking for advice

Hey guys!

Just a quick post regarding Zipp whos racing in the 3:45 at Doncaster, is this a good one for a hefty sized bet? I'm a relative newbie at horse racing so I've been trying to find the right forum for the best advice. Apologies if theres rules against linking, feel free to remove, but I've been getting tips from this blog dont know if its any good?

Cheers guys, good luck today!

Spammer !
    Last edited by Lester; 11 November 2013, 11:19 AM.

Welcome ienovo - I don't mind linking if you are a regular contributor but we do get posters who just link and run so aren't really adding to the forum.

I know I sound like an old fogie but in general I would advise doing plenty of your own research rather than following any tipster blind. There is more fun in it when you make your own selections but it does mean investing a bit of time in it. Making it pay is tricky enough but looking at the performance of punters who have opened bookmaker accounts through us there are plenty of canny punters out there generating surpluses (we get paid a share of bookmaker profits on accounts opened - and aren't making any money - might need to review our business model !). I'd go easy on the hefty sized bets until you find your own angle/niche ( usual caveat about not betting more than you can afford too).

Looks like your friends at panda sweeps are in competition with http://www.bodugi.com/ ?

Comment

Sorry Ienovo - two posts and two links to other sites doesnt cut it. As Old Vic said we dont want posters who just link to other sites and dont contribute here.

We are quite happy to exchange links with other blogs/horseracing sites etc and hope that where someones elses content does end up on here that it is properly credited and linked.

Comment

Probably time for me to come clean. I have cleared it with Old Vic already and he has given me a hand setting up my own cheltenham festival site/blog and getting affiliate links etc.

I wont spam here but will put up links to my race pages when there is anything new. I will be linking back to there from here and particularly into the horses to follow section. my twitter handle is @cheltenhamap it anyone is interested.

Comment

...dont mind once you keep posting here mayo !

Also doing some similar for Aintree with Sefton but will be a while until it is ready. If there is anyone out there who fancies setting up a Royal ascot one contact me.

Comment

Just for record - I have nothing to do with racecaller but am a fan of their site

Comment

hmmm. It is useful content but not so sure the racecaller people would be delighted to see it up here

At least the link is there. My biggest personal gripe is when people lift the stuff and dont give you the benefit of a reference/link that might help with SEO. I'll leave it for now but will take it down if any objection from racecaller.

Comment

Working...
              X