Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

York Ebor Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Ebor Meeting

Does Ghaiyyath drift from his opening 5/4 at the final decs, where Magical, Lord North and Kameko are all generally 4/1?

Thats a 104% book without including Aspeter 16/1 and Rose of Kildare 66/1, so the bookies take-out is about right, but I am not sure that the individual horses prices are.

Ghaiyyath is top on official ratings by 2lbs from Magical and 3lbs from Lord North, which makes me think the odds should be a bit closer than they are at present.

Its probably based on beating Enable by a couple of lengths over 1M2F rather than Japan by a Head more, in the same race.

Kameko is interesting on several levels, its a new trip, he could improve his rating here, too.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

An excellent Goodwood was followed by 2 very average weeks so I'm really looking forward to York this week. The Juddmonte is an absolute cracker and I will just sit back and enjoy without any monetary interest. Can't wait to see Battaash but won't have him in any multiples this time round as Art Power will be a big danger receiving all that weight. Will be really interesting to see how Love is after her Oaks demolition job and if the true Frankly Darling turns up on this flatter conventional track. There will be some great handicaps to get stuck into too and I'm already a fair bit down after all 3 of my antepost bets for the Ebor were not declared. What has happened to Raymond Tusk? I was really confident and almost topped up again last night!

Comment

Originally posted by YoungHustler View Post
      An excellent Goodwood was followed by 2 very average weeks so I'm really looking forward to York this week. The Juddmonte is an absolute cracker and I will just sit back and enjoy without any monetary interest. Can't wait to see Battaash but won't have him in any multiples this time round as Art Power will be a big danger receiving all that weight. Will be really interesting to see how Love is after her Oaks demolition job and if the true Frankly Darling turns up on this flatter conventional track. There will be some great handicaps to get stuck into too and I'm already a fair bit down after all 3 of my antepost bets for the Ebor were not declared. What has happened to Raymond Tusk? I was really confident and almost topped up again last night!
      Just been looking at the Nunthorpe as have backed Art Power antepost at 10-1.
      Pleased the 2 year old has pulled out.

But he only gets 2lb from the Fav.

I love watching battaash, but have been burned on more than one occasion.
      Every time I've bet him big, he's blown out.
      The 2 York defeats and Paris defeats were particularly disappointing.

I hope he bombs on Friday.

Comment

Was hoping for Meraas to be declared for the 1.45 on Wednesday but he's not. Instead, I've already backed Jawaal and Copper Knight.

Jawaal has shown great improvement in his 2 runs this season. He has travelled really well and then been able to easily quicken. His last race was really impressive and you rarely see competitive 5f sprints won by more than 2l. He's been put up 8lbs for that win but I don't think that will stop him yet and Michael Dods is a very good trainer of sprinters with Dakota Gold and Mecca's Angel springing to mind. His price has shortened throughout the day and it was just strange to see Hill push him out to 9s when he was shortening with everyone else. I took as much as I could without wanting to lose my account if he does win.

Copper Knight hasn't been running great this season but I like to try and second guess when horses are being plotted so I'm guessing the Easterby yard have had this race as his target this season(like they did with Staxton yesterday). CK has good York form and is now 6lbs lower than when last winning(which was at York). If he can return to anywhere near his normal form, he won't be far away. This time last year he was running against Battaash in the King George at Goodwood and then the Nunthorpe. 16s is a nice price.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
          Just been looking at the Nunthorpe as have backed Art Power antepost at 10-1.
          Pleased the 2 year old has pulled out.

But he only gets 2lb from the Fav.

I love watching battaash, but have been burned on more than one occasion.
          Every time I've bet him big, he's blown out.
          The 2 York defeats and Paris defeats were particularly disappointing.

I hope he bombs on Friday.
          I don't know why I keep thinking Art Power is a 2 year old!

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
            Does Ghaiyyath drift from his opening 5/4 at the final decs, where Magical, Lord North and Kameko are all generally 4/1?

Thats a 104% book without including Aspeter 16/1 and Rose of Kildare 66/1, so the bookies take-out is about right, but I am not sure that the individual horses prices are.

Ghaiyyath is top on official ratings by 2lbs from Magical and 3lbs from Lord North, which makes me think the odds should be a bit closer than they are at present.

Its probably based on beating Enable by a couple of lengths over 1M2F rather than Japan by a Head more, in the same race.

Kameko is interesting on several levels, its a new trip, he could improve his rating here, too.
            Would say i agree with him being a price worth taking on.

I think the way the race will be run could be fascinating. Ghaiyyath likes to try and lead, Magical has done it before, although doesn't have to and Rose Of Kildare has too. ROK an attempted spoiler from an owner who's moaned about Coolmore doing it before?

If this transpires, Lord North and Kameko could easily have a nice opportunity.

Ain't bet on the race, and not sure i will, but that's how i see it.

Comment

I’ve been dining out for most of the Summer on the formline of Franconia’s listed race win in June, pulling well clear of Cabaletta and Champade who have both gone onto win competitive races since, even further down the field in that Newbury race was a Haggas horse who finished runner up in a French G2.
              We all know Love appears a freak of her generation but Franconia is a proper horse, I don’t expect her to win but I think she’ll be alot closer than many have got to Love this year.
              Thursday is the big race, 5/1 Franconia appeals each way but as these aren’t ante post terms I’d be concerned about any non runners near the race, I think I’ll hold off and hit the 3 places on the day with a small win play.
              Probably max bet stuff for me this....

Edit - just seen two have pulled out, 6 go.
              2 and 3 places can still be played on Thursday
              Last edited by Istabraq; 18 August 2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I do like magical for the Juddmonte tomorrow if there was one to upset the fav.

2 good wins this season so far, receiving the 3lbs puts her bang in the mix imo.

Hopefully a great race in store.

Comment

Arecibo my only bet tomorrow at 16/1. Looks a really tricky card to me.

Good luck all.

Comment

Sacred is my nap of the week - Thursday 1.45pm.

Loved her debut win and ran a belter at Ascot too in a 3/4 length defeat to a Wesley Ward runner - up to 6f which I think will suit her perfectly. 9/4 took in a single and doubles with Envoi (Marsh), Easysland (XC) and a treble of the 3.

Comment

I am keen on Johnny G's pair Darain and Lord North in my favourite raceday on the flat to go to.

Really will miss taking the early morning train up the east-coast line and enjoying the day out in York tomorrow.

Frankel (RPR 143), Sakhee (RPR 135) and Falbrav (RPR 131) were absolute class in the International, on memorable days at the track for me.
                      I can remember trying to get as big a price as possible on Sakhee for the Arc after his win, he was unbelievably good at York, winning by 7 lengths, and then won the Arc by 6 lengths without having to improve even 1lb.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                        I am keen on Johnny G's pair Darain and Lord North in my favourite raceday on the flat to go to.

Really will miss taking the early morning train up the east-coast line and enjoying the day out in York tomorrow.
                        Falbrav won the International the first year I went. Absolutely love the meeting and comfortably the best racecourse I've attended in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          Falbrav won the International the first year I went. Absolutely love the meeting and comfortably the best racecourse I've attended in the UK.
                          It is "different gravy" at York.

Comment

Remember working in Leeds a few years ago and getting over to York a few times, one of the best racecourses in the country.
                            Some sights at the station and on bus to the course I’ll take to my grave too...

Comment

Evening all. Should be a great week. Not sure what it is about the Ebor meeting but it’s my lucky meeting almost every year on the flat. Fujaira Prince wins the big one Saturday I think. Definitely a group horse in a handicap. Albeit a good handicap. Would love to see my lad Art Power win a group 1. Will be cheering him on but beating Battaash will be tough. Here’s another wild one for you all.. Frankly Darling in the Yorkshire Oaks at 10/1 each way (2 places). Have a gut feeling she’s miles better than that Epsom run. Agree with the post above that Sacred will win later in the week.

No big bets really on Day 1 although I’ve had a decent play on Magical with saver on Ghaiyatth (7/4 boosted with Skybet fwiw - only £20 maximum stake though).

Day 1 bets:
                              1:45 – Came From The Dark @ 20/1 E/W (6 places)
                              - Aracibo @ 7/1 E/W (6 places)

2:15 – Royal Scimitar @ 5/1 E/W
                              - Praise of Shadows @ 11/1 E/W

2:45 – Darain @ 7/2

3:15 – Magical @ 4/1
                              - Saver on Ghaiyatth @ 7/4

3:45 – Here And Now @ 12/1 E/W (5 places)

4:20 – Lady In France @ 10/1 E/W (4 places)

4:50 – Pure Dreamer @ 11/2 E/W (4 places)

Good luck all

Comment

Working...
                              X