Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Oaks 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oaks 2020

Trefoil has been very well backed today (5/1 from 10/1?) for Ralph Beckett in the 3.00 at Newmarket.

I've got this horse in my ante book from 22/03/2020 for The Oaks already as she was highlighted back then... but I see she's 33/1 still with 365 and it may pay to get her on side at 33/1 pre race?

There is clearly some confidence behind her today in the Pretty Polly and I'm hopeful of a big run.

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Trefoil has been very well backed today (5/1 from 10/1?) for Ralph Beckett in the 3.00 at Newmarket.

I've got this horse in my ante book from 22/03/2020 for The Oaks already as she was highlighted back then... but I see she's 33/1 still with 365 and it may pay to get her on side at 33/1 pre race?

There is clearly some confidence behind her today in the Pretty Polly and I'm hopeful of a big run.
    Think ill add that seeing as I backed it the other day for today.
    Think the irish lad (hickie) on racing post podcast put him up as well on friday night.

Comment

Happy days.

I assume somebody high profile put her up in March as I can't recall why I was watching her run back and getting lured in by the Ralph factor.
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 7 June 2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Kev,

I have to agree with you on TREFOIL.

She is the only one of these that I have in the tracker from last season, with an aim of considering her for the Oaks.

She won when Beckett couldnt train a loser on the Rowley Mile last October, she was his 6th winner at the track in 2 racedays (Kinross's debut was another).

beckett's trainer form this week has been lousy, with 0-13 record, 12 unplaced then Rock Eagle staying on into 2nd at Newmarket late yesterday afternoon.
        This tells me that if Trefoil can win today, outperforming her stablemates runs this week by a long way, then she could be special.

Interestingly her Maiden win over a Mile was named the "Future Stayers Novice Stakes" where she beat a field of 13, ten of which were colts, including ENGLISH KING back in 7th on debut, beaten 4&3/4 lengths.

Id consider taking 33/1 for the Oaks with cash-out before the race today.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Joined the TREFOIL train due to above comments. 33/1

Comment

Well Becketts just come into form with a bang in the first at Haydock. Babbos Boy 20/1 in a trappy handicap just romped home.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
              Well Becketts just come into form with a bang in the first at Haydock. Babbos Boy 20/1 in a trappy handicap just romped home.
              Now Becketts had a double at Haydock. Manuela De Vega wins.

Comment

Positive signs for sure!

His first loser of the day will no doubt be my bet Haha

Comment

Domino Darling at 10/1 for me

Comment

Has anything been said regarding Trefoil. She's in most of the bookies betting but removed by 365?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Has anything been said regarding Trefoil. She's in most of the bookies betting but removed by 365?
                      she's entered in ribblesdale at ascot and priced up at 5-1 ?

B365 took her out immediately after the last run.

Comment

Ok cheers.

Can't cash out now even if I wanted to.

Which I think I did as I put the effort in to check if I could.

Comment

Late to the party but I really like Frankly Darling for this. Love will be hindered by any rain and I think FD will give her a proper race, with a bit of cut in the ground a bonus.

5pts at 11/4.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Late to the party but I really like Frankly Darling for this. Love will be hindered by any rain and I think FD will give her a proper race, with a bit of cut in the ground a bonus.

5pts at 11/4.
                            Yep, I've got a point on at 33's but am considering a similar bet.
                            If prices are similar near the off then they would be out of kilter to me and a 10 pointer may be on the cards.

Think I'll do the same with Ghaayath vs Enable too if they persist with the price difference.

I Think 3-1 either will set me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                              Yep, I've got a point on at 33's but am considering a similar bet.
                              If prices are similar near the off then they would be out of kilter to me and a 10 pointer may be on the cards.

Think I'll do the same with Ghaayath vs Enable too if they persist with the price difference.

I Think 3-1 either will set me off.
                              I think Ghaiyyth is excellen value at 3/1... now best price 5/2 though. 10Furlongs isnt enables optimum trip and posted a lowish (for her) rrp on her sandown race last year, shes having her first run with the arc as a main target. plus ghiayyth should be race sharp from newmarket, the only issue is the weather, do we think the ground will be good to firm at sandown next week? anybody got inside info or live that way? ...Windsor is good to firm today and is only 20 miles away and doesn't look like much rain is forecasted ... i think ghIAYYTH should be a 6/4 chance??

Comment

Working...
                              X