Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Flat Stable Tours 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Stable Tours 2013

Richard Fahey http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/n...ey-stable-tour

Address Unknown
    He's just come to us, we've only had him a couple of weeks, and the plan is to get him ready for the Chester Cup. He won at the Shergar Cup meeting last season for Ian Williams and he's an exciting horse to have in the yard. It will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Alejandro
    He probably needs to come down a few pounds to be competitive but he's a grand, handy horse who always tries his best and I'd hope he'll be winning again before the end of the season.

Allnecessaryforce
    I was pleased enough with his run at Doncaster the other day but the winner (Mister Impatience) must be a bit special as my fellow is handicapped to win races. He was still a little raw, a little green last week but hopefully the run will put him right. He was a bit of a playboy last year but has been much better this time around.

Arctic Feeling
    He's typical in that he was a good two-year-old who then had a blank year at three. He did all right season though and while he's probably as high as he'd want to be, we're happy with him.

Area Fifty One
    He's going to find it tough this year starting out off a mark of 97. He'll go to Epsom for the City And Suburban first-time-out and we'll take it from there. He's verging on being a Listed/Group Three horse but probably needs to improve again. We'll keep banging away with him.

Asgardella
    She'll win races this season. She ran in a couple of sales races last season but the trip and ground were wrong. She'll be much better as a three-year-old.

Avec Rose
    She was probably a little disappointing last season if the truth be known and like all my fillies is a little bit behind - we haven't done much with them. On her work at home she's potentially well handicapped but on what she's done on the track she'd struggle with a mark of 76. We'll have to wait and see.

Baccarat
    He's a horse we like a lot and only had two runs last season. He only had a niggly little problem but we gave him a break. He's come back in great order but I'm just starting to think he might be a sprinter and we could drop him back to six furlongs to start with.

Open a My Stable account and get Baccarat alerts

Bispham Green
    It was nice to get his head in front at Southwell, especially as he'd been second four times last season. However he was behind a decent horse on all those occasions and this was a nice confidence-booster. I think five furlongs is going to be his best trip as he has plenty of speed but winning over six gives us another option.

Brae Hill
    He is in great order and it was a little frustrating the Lincoln was off last week. He's vulnerable to potential improvers off his mark but I couldn't be happier with him and he'll be heading to Doncaster again on Saturday.

Back Brae Hill for the Lincoln with Sky Bet

Bridle Belle
    She was covered on Tuesday but the plan is for her to come back into training for a couple of runs - hopefully in foal. She should be competitive again.

Docs Legacy
    He's in good form and has been running well over hurdles having won a jumpers bumper too. He's fit and well and should run a big race at Doncaster.

Eastern Destiny This is a filly we've always liked and I'd expect her to run very well on her reappearance at Doncaster on Saturday.

El Viento
    He's a frustrating horse as he probably has the ability to be a little better than his current mark. That said he did okay last season and I hope he can win a few more for his owners this time around as they're a great bunch of guys.

Extraterrestrial
    He was very frustrating last year. We had him ready to win at Ayr but it got called off and his season seemed to go backwards from there. He's back again though, in good order, and I hope he can win a few races.

Fantacise
    We've just got her from Brian Meehan's. I'm just not sure what trip she wants, and looking at her form I'm not sure they knew either. We're thinking seven furlongs or a mile and she could be well handicapped. She's a very laid-back filly at home - she doesn't kill herself - so is hard to get a line on her but she's a filly we like.

Farlow
    It was a shame we lost Doncaster last Saturday for him. He's another new one to the yard and I was looking forward to seeing him run for the Red Sky Syndicate but that said stall one was a worry. We're very happy with him, physically he's done very well, and he's not missed a day's work. I don't know why he'd be stronger this year but he seems to be and hopefully he can show a little more on the track too.

Flyman
    He's going to be a tough horse to place as he has a conditions penalty. I'm just not sure where we are with him at the moment - whether he's an out-and-out sprinter or could he get a little further? He has the attitude to stay further but it's tough to try and find races for him. We're not sure if he's a six furlong or a mile horse - we need to learn more about him - but he's wintered very well.

Gabrial
    We've gelded him and I have to say it's the best thing that's ever happened to the horse, and that's a terrible thing to say about another man. He's a different horse this year and hopefully he can come good for us. He did face some tough tasks last season but we're much happier with him this time around and his work is very good. We're looking at the Doncaster Mile as a starting point on April 13.

Open a My Stable account and get Gabrial alerts

Gabrial's Kaka
    We're going to run him in the Derby Trial at Epsom first time up then the Dee Stakes at Chester. I don't know whether he's that good but that's the plan we have for him. There aren't many races for an 89-rated three-year-old so we're going to be ambitious early doors.

Garde Cotiere
    We're still trying to get to grips with him; he's new to the yard and has only had three runs despite being a five-year-old. We've been happy enough with him but aren't quite sure whether he wants a mile or a mile-and-a-quarter. It would have been nice to have given him a day out in the Spring Mile last weekend as we'd have learned a lot more. He needs to get some races under his belt.

Garswood
    He's a talented horse. If he stays he could be very exciting. Trainers will always say this but if he's a sprinter it will be a tough year for him - it always is for three-year-olds. We're going to start him off in the Free Handicap at Newmarket and work away from there but he's very, very relaxed which would offer encouragement he'd get further than six furlongs. He's a horse with an awful lot of speed and it's a tricky one. If he does relax and get a trip then he's potentially very exciting.

Open a My Stable account and get Garswood alerts

Glen's Diamond
    He went to Dubai last year and it was a frustrating spell despite him running okay on a couple of occasions. He probably showed the effects of that trip when he returned home but we're happy with him again now - although he's a little hairy at the moment.

Hi There
    He ran well at Musselburgh last season and returns there for his reappearance on Saturday. I just hope he isn't too fresh first time out as he can be very keen both at home and on the track.

Jamesbo's Girl
    She had a great season last year and I'd hope she can step up on it. As I said before, the fillies haven't done an awful lot so we're not really sure where we are with them but she's done well over the winter.

Johannes
    He isn't getting any younger and will probably be aimed at claimers this year as that's where he's at. We may give him the odd spin in a handicap but he might struggle a little starting off on 93.

Justonefortheroad
    He's a hard horse to really get to grips with - just when you think the handicapper has him he goes and wins. He loves soft ground and coming off a fast pace and we were hoping he'd run well in the Lincoln and he gets another chance on Saturday.

Back Justonefortheroad for the Lincoln with Sky Bet

Kaldoun Kingdom
    He's getting older and hasn't won for a couple of seasons and it's getting a little tough for us. He'll probably run at York's Dante Meeting in the big handicap there and as with Johannes could end up in claimers.

Khelman
    He ran well at Doncaster last week and just found one too good. We think he'll definitely get the trip at Musselburgh on Saturday and we can be positive with him. It's a good pot and I'd be hopeful of a good run.

Lady Loch
    She won a couple last year but I still have to say she was disappointing. Her work companions were Barefoot Lady and Ladys First and she always went well with them. You can imagine we expected a little more. She's a little timid but hopefully will toughen up. On her work at home she's very well treated and we've decided to give her another year racing as we think there's something there.

Ladys First
    I'd be excited about her. She's always been a weak, backward filly, and hopefully as she gets older she'll get stronger and more mature. The plan is to try and win a Listed and Group race with her and if we managed that we'll be delighted.

Las Verglas Star
    He's fit from the jumping but has been a little disappointing over the winter and I thought he might run a little better the last day. That said he took a few races to come to himself last season and it could be the same again. He's fit and well ahead of his run in the Spring Mile.

Lord Aeryn
    He had a great season last year, we were delighted with him. He had a little setback but is back cantering now and all is good with him. He'll go in some of the major handicaps and hopefully will win in his turn.

Richard Fahey Pt2

Majestic Moon
    He's a horse we loved last year. He was a little peaky so we had him gelded and hopefully that will help him. On his best form and his homework he's well handicapped off 77 and we're excited about him - although that said the time has come for him to go and do it on the track.

Majestic Myles
    He's rated 107 and isn't getting any younger. I think he needs to come down 10lb to be competitive in handicaps but we can't just keep going for the same race at Chester with him. He's won it twice and loves it round there but we're going to run him in the Lincoln and if he's not competitive maybe the assessor will give him a chance.

Mary's Daughter
    It's going to be a tough season for her in terms of finding places to go. I've put her in against the older horses at Musselburgh this weekend as she needs to start somewhere but we'll chase a bit of Black Type with her and see if we can add to her Group Three placing. She might struggle a little in handicaps.

Mystery Bet
    I love this filly. She did well to win last year as she was very backward and she outstayed everything when she won at York on her last start. She's hopefully going to be much stronger this time around and we have an awful lot of time for her.

Our Boy Jack
    He was just too free in the Irish Lincolnshire Handicap at the Curragh on Sunday. He'll be seen to better effect back over seven furlongs and on quicker ground.

Personal Touch
    He's a tough, hardy horse and it was nice to see him win at Doncaster. You wouldn't know what his best trip is going to be but he did well to win on Friday as he was keen and fresh through the race. Two or three came to beat him and he battled away. I was proud of him.

Polski Max
    He was a little under the radar last year. He went for the sales races and wasn't quite good enough but given the opportunity in a handicap he won well. He's a strong horse and I hope he progresses for the lads who own him and he's the sort of horse who could just go the right way this year. He's tough and hardy and loves to race.

Rene Mathis
    He had a little setback but is back cantering away now and will be aimed at Chester, as will all of Marwan's. He's a horse I've plenty of time for.

Sir Reginald
    He went to Dubai and didn't really find his form there but did run well in the Bunbury Cup. We've started again from scratch with him this season and hopefully we can do some damage with him this time around. We're very pleased with him right now.

Sparkling Portrait
    He's another who had a little setback but he's been back cantering for six weeks. He's now rated 102 and I'm not sure if there's a handicap in him off that mark but he's the sort who could easily progress again. It will be another month or six weeks before he's ready but there aren't many races for him anyway before May.

Open a My Stable account and get Sparkling Portrait alerts

Spirit Of The Law
    We were advised to buy this fellow but he doesn't show a lot at home so we're stepping him up in trip to a mile and six. We could look silly after his first run but that's the way we're heading and he's in at Musselburgh at the weekend.

Strange Magic
    It's going to be tough off 95 - a little like Mary's Daughter - but we'll be looking for more black type with her. I just can't see either winning handicaps off their marks.

Suffice
    We didn't think he'd get in the Rosebery at Kempton on Saturday but he has. The bad news is he's drawn 16 of 16 which will be very difficult around there. He fell last time out at Huntingdon when Bryan (Hughes) felt he'd have won and we're looking forward to seeing him back on the Flat - but the stall won't help on Saturday.

Unsinkable
    He'll probably go to Lingfield for a Listed race on April 6. He's a horse I wouldn't really know how good he is - or how far he'll get. He won both starts at two, his work was ordinary but he was tough and galloped and this could be his year. We're going to aim high and see how we get on.

Warcrown
    Everyone will know he's been extremely disappointing but he did win last year. He's always worked with our best horses and gone well and the engine is still there. I just hope he can get it all together at some stage.

White Coppice
    He was a big baby last season and was always going to make a better three-year-old. Life was a big joke to him last year but he's matured and is working well this spring.

Wyldfire
    He's been gelded and is a good hardy horse. He was a bit keen and hard on himself last year but hopefully has settled down. He cost a few quid and is one we'd like.

Two-Year-Olds

Lord Clyde
    He ran in the Brocklesby and shaped well in third. I was delighted with him - he looked like a hairy goat and hated the ground. I'll just give him a little break now.

We have a lot of exciting juveniles to look forward to. Kindanyce and Skye's The Limit are among the more forward and could run at Kempton and Musselburgh this weekend. The latter is quite nice but this wouldn't be his track. If he was able to win over five there he's a decent horse.

Dutch Courage is a filly I like. She hasn't done anything serious but does everything right and looks one to look forward to for Cheveley Park Stud who are new owners in the yard. I also have to pass on a positive word for Kalahari Kingdom. He's a very nice son of Footstepsinthesand.

We'll have a few runners in the early maidens but in general we have more late-maturing types this season who will progress with time. It's very early days with them all.

Comment

Working...
    X