Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ruby twitter Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruby twitter Q&A

@Dee___12
    Big Buck’s? Bombproof this weekend?
    Ruby Walsh: I hope he is. No such thing as a certainty, but he is as close as it gets. Still showing all the old sparkle.
    @neiljones231
    How is Tidal Bay for tomorrow? Is he a tricky ride?
    RW: He is not straightforward but I love the challenge. The weight could be an issue.
    @Chrisrich25
    What’s the best novice hurdler you ever ridden?
    RW: Mikael D'Haguenet. He won from 2m to 2m4f, including 3 Grade 1s. Hopefully he will win tomorrow.
    @Greg_Hodgson
    If you could ride another horse from any other stable who would it be and why?
    RW: Tough one. If Tingle Creek doesn't go my way....Sprinter Sacre.
    ‏@Oo_Cormack_oO
    Kauto Stone seems to have improved massively this year, u fancy him for any big races?
    RW: If he holds his form, you'd have to think he'd have a chance in the King George
    @andersCFC
    Do you think Big Bucks may ever try fences again or do you feel there is no need to?
    RW: I would doubt it. Why would he?
    @Davelawlor81
    What's the story with Fiveforthree? Will he ever run again? Is he even in training?
    RW: Back in training, rode him in work the other day and he seems fine, but fragile.
    @braddavies23
    Which is your favourite Grand National? Hedgehunter or Papillon?
    RW: Hard to split, but Papillon for family reasons. In answer to earlier question, he was the best jumper I have ridden, too.
    @bettobeplaced
    Great jockey. We talk a lot about your best rides but do you regard your ride on My Will 2006 Ryanair as your worst?
    RW: No, I have given horse's worse rides than that at times.
    @tyhiggon
    Who is the best two miler chaser you have ridden? Azertyuiop maybe? And do you think it's in the same league as Sprinter Sacre.
    RW: Azertyuiop or Master Minded, perhaps?
    @HawkWing2002
    You and Tony McCoy are big sports fans in general. Do you play Fantasy Football? Your team?
    RW: I follow Man Utd, but don't have time for Fantasy football. I’m a big rugby fan; Munster and Ireland
    @SophiaMonkman
    Is there ever a time you think you've had enough and wanted a career change?
    RW: Every time I get out the back of an ambulance on a stretcher!
    @grandnational09
    If you had to choose - you for a 3rd Grand National or Katie for her 1st - which one would you pick?
    RW: I'm selfish!
    @Oo_Cormack_oO
    Is Tony McCoy really as ugly as he appears to be on television?
    RW: That kick in the face at Wetherby did him no good!
    @JohnBrewinESPN
    What is the daftest question you've ever been asked after a race?
    RW: Ask Thommo!
    @Racingwelfare
    Is Dan Skelton (assistant trainer to Paul Nicholls) going to win the Anthony Knott Charity Race at Wincanton on the 6th?
    RW: As far as I know he is. He looks a shadow of his former self.
    @kinnerker
    If there was one race he could go back and ride differently again, what would it be?
    RW: Most races I lose. Comanche Court in Gold Cup always springs to mind.
    @Smithy_FCB
    Can you lend me a grand mate?
    RW: Sure, no problem, 12 per cent daily...
Working...
X