Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Barry Geraghty's Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Geraghty's Tips

No Sprinter sacre

Sprinter Sacre Fan Club

Barry Geraghty's Cheltenham Tips

Comment

FJAdmin .... will we have anything here from Barry Geraghty for Aintree ?

Comment

Originally posted by Forced Kin View Post
        FJAdmin .... will we have anything here from Barry Geraghty for Aintree ?
        Yes - nearer the time

Comment

Geraghty’s bet of the Festival is Oscar Whisky in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle while his Lucky 15 is Sam Winner in the Pertemps Hurdle, Anquetta in the Grand Annual, Megalypos in the Fred Winter and Cotton Mill in the County Hurdle or Coral Cup.

Comment

The supporters of BOBS WORTH would have been pleased as we spun up over five fences and he felt great.

HADRIAN’S APPROACH really pleased me and he’s one that’s really coming to himself at the right time.

SIMONSIG was very good, too, in great shape and I was pleased with ROLLING STAR over five hurdles. The others in the school were pleasing, too, MEGALYPOS and OSCAR WHISKY.

Comment

Video added here

Comment

He saddles Rajdhani Express who is Sam Waley-Cohen’s ride and because AP has been sidelined after his fall at Cheltenham on Thursday I’ve got the call up from Lucinda Russell to partner TAP NIGHT (2.05) for JP McManus in the Future Champions Novices’ Chase.

I’ve only ridden this horse once before when we were beaten on quick-ish ground at Musselburgh in February, but he seems much more at home on the heavier ground he’s going to get this time.

His two chase wins have come over this course and distance when the mud’s been flying and if he’s got over his last run at Aintree when he was three lengths behind me and Captain Conan then he’s the one that Sam’s got to beat.

My first ride for Nicky comes up in the next, the Scottish Champion Hurdle on UNE ARTISTE (2.40). There’s no deny she was disappointing when she weakened to finish ninth to Quevega in the Mares’ Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.

The only plus point was that I wasn’t hard on her once her chance had gone and she’s had time to get over the effort and it might also suit her dropping back to two miles from two and a half in what are going to be testing conditions.

She does stay well enough and as she showed when we won at Sandown in January, heavy ground isn’t a bother to her.

I get my first ride since November on PETIT ROBIN (3.15) in the two-mile handicap chase.

I won a two-mile handicap hurdle on him at Ascot and after that Nico de Boinville did well on him and it wasn’t a bad effort when they went back over fences for the Grand Annual at Cheltenham when they finished fifth.

He’s dropped 1lb for that and is now 5lb lower than his hurdle mark off which he was fifth to My Tent Or Yours in the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury.

He’s won on soft and heavy this season, is as tough as they come so I don’t see conditions being a problem to him in a race that looks winnable to me.

The bumper is the last race on the card and confined to horses bought at Doncaster's Spring Sale.

For that reason there are only nine runners and I have a very solid chance of winning it on TRADEWINDS (5.35) for Nicky.

He showed a really nice turn of pace to win his bumper at Kempton in February beating a well-thought of horse in Master Malt and the third home went on to win his next two over hurdles and the fourth won a bumper next time.

That better form than anything else in the field has shown and although the ground was officially good to soft at Kempton it seemed to ride pretty much on the slower side.

So, providing he can cope with these more testing conditions, he’s going to be hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                X